Orange Bowl tweet

I'm all for playing Clemson but the game makes me nervous. Last time we played them in the 2004 Peach Bowl, UT had a much better team but lost by 13. I was there. UT played like crap. I suppose it was a letdown from losing to Auburn for the second time that year in the SECCG.
You’re mixing your seasons up. The 2004 season was where Auburn beat us but that Clemson bowl game was following the 2003 season.

Reactions: jimed1
Tie ins keep great NY6 matchups from happening. All they are doing is restrict the best matchups. Rotate the order and let the bowl committee’s pick their matchups. I guess it’s too easy. All we have now is restrictions from creating the best matchups. It is frankly plain stupid. GBO

So is the tweet from a fake account or is the Capital One Orange Bowl @ Orange Bowl a fake account which posted November 30.
IOW, the Orange Bowl would not post this if they were jostling with the idea of Ohio State. It does show the Media to our favor but it also shows that the Orange Bowl is validating the matchup of a Tennessee vs ACC matchup.
Look at all the new bowl projections.

So, Ohio State gets to just decide the bowl fates for everyone else because they don’t want the Rose Bowl? Utter foolishness. The Rose should be able to pass on a Big 10 team if the one slated for that spot doesn’t want to play in it.

Just make it Tennessee vs Washington in the Rose.

Almost makes me want the Buckeyes to slide into the playoffs so this nonsense of us falling to the Cotton doesn’t happen.

The reason OSU doesn't want the Rose is they have a dejected fan base. They though they were going to run all over meatchicken and instead, they got ran out of their own house. That is a dejected fan base that won't travel. The stands will be half empty and the fans will all be pac-12 fans. They think more people will go to Florida rather than California.

Reactions: TNgradmom
No they don't. There is a reason they are G5. 99.9 % of the time...they just aren't as good. That's why they are called cupcake games. On the rare occasion they beat a P5 team, they still end up sucking.

The top of the G5 is usually pretty decent.

And I'm not talking from a "oh they should be represented too" I'm talking a "for the good of the CFP system and the FBS level of football" they need to be represented. The G5 and the P5 have a symbiotic relationship that needs to be fostered. Getting rid of their NY6 Tie in wouldn't be healthy for that relationship.

Reactions: BaldBiker

And I'm not talking from a "oh they should be represented too" I'm talking a "for the good of the CFP system and the FBS level of football" they need to be represented. The G5 and the P5 have a symbiotic relationship that needs to be fostered. Getting rid of their NY6 Tie in wouldn't be healthy for that relationship.

As long as it's not us playing them, I'm good with that. BVS still pops up on occasion, and i think..."well if there's a team out there that will embarrass themselves and lose to a G5 team (in a bowl game to boot), it's us".

As long as it's not us playing them, I'm good with that. BVS still pops up on occasion, and i think..."well if there's a team out there that will embarrass themselves and lose to a G5 team (in a bowl game to boot), it's us".
The only reason the Vols would lose, is just 0 motivation to play a G5 team. UT should accept the extra practices and decline at the last minute. There is nothing to gain by playing them.

Does anybody have solid data on what our NET financial loss or gain from the Cotton Bowl vs the Music City Bowl would be with all the cost savings playing close to home? Maybe we should decline THEIR bowl of choice and have a home game in Nashville instead. Bet they would like it too with this years sell out history.

Does anybody have solid data on what our NET financial loss or gain from the Cotton Bowl vs the Music City Bowl would be with all the cost savings playing close to home? Maybe we should decline THEIR bowl of choice and have a home game in Nashville instead. Bet they would like it too with this years sell out history.
Only a few diehards will make the trip to Texas.

Reactions: Defa
I think for Heupel alone it's like 500,000 in incentives so I doubt he would be happy with that decision.

So, Ohio State gets to just decide the bowl fates for everyone else because they don’t want the Rose Bowl? Utter foolishness. The Rose should be able to pass on a Big 10 team if the one slated for that spot doesn’t want to play in it.

Just make it Tennessee vs Washington in the Rose.

Almost makes me want the Buckeyes to slide into the playoffs so this nonsense of us falling to the Cotton doesn’t happen.
I heard on the radio here (not sure how valid).. that the Rose Bowl was the one who didn’t want Ohio because the last time they were there they did not even come close to selling their allotted tickets lol..

Reactions: Remy

They need to earn their spot like everybody else. The ny 6 tie ins will be a moot point once the playoffs expand. And yes tie ins are stupid and restrictive of putting the best matchups and teams in their respective games. GBO

Reactions: TNgradmom
It seems to me that if USC wins the Pac-12 then Washington is in the Rose Bowl, but if Utah wins then Ohio State is in the playoffs. I think we're a lock for the Orange Bowl, unless the Sugar has an epiphany and invites us, which could happen if Alabama somehow makes the playoffs.
If Bama makes the playoffs I am going to break many things...That is some serious bull hockey if they get in over us....Gives me even more reason to depise that stupid program.

VN Store

Back