Opinion on Vol symbol

davey-crockett.bmp

You can't beat the power T but the Vols logo with the star in the O is pretty sick!

i thought texas had the rights for the u interlocked with the t west of the mississippi, and tennessee owned it east of the mississippi? this was discussed in another tread.

i thought texas had the rights for the u interlocked with the t west of the mississippi, and tennessee owned it east of the mississippi? this was discussed in another tread.

It's been discussed a few times

I'm currently wearing a shirt with Davy and his rifle above the Vols with the star in the o right now. Izod made this shirt but several brands are still making them. The Collesium brand makes several different throw back shirts. If you look around a little bit, the old school stuff is out there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is my favorite symbol for the simple reason I think it makes the most sense, is relevant from a state history perspective, and does indeed portray "Tennessee."

The Mason's and the Iluminati were pissed, so we stopped using them.

Back in the 80's, there was a Smokey logo with him walking on his two back legs wearing an orange sweater or jersey. There was also logo of a football player running with a flag. I haven't seen anything with either of those logos for a long time.

I'm obviously in the minority, I think the V*ls logo with DC is as redneck as it gets. The Power T is the #1.

I'm obviously in the minority, I think the V*ls logo with DC is as redneck as it gets. The Power T is the #1.

I want to start off by saying that I totally agree that the power T can't be beat.

That's the only part I agree with though. David Crockett is only one of the most well know and adored American folk heroes ever. Wearing a shirt with his likeness on it does not make a man seem redneck. If you feel that way, just keep in mind that he served our great state in the House of Representatives as well as served in the Tennessee militia. Oh, and that one other small thing. Something about leading a band of "volunteers" to the state of Texas to help with that little revolution down there. See "Alamo" for more details. The man has state parks and a memorial highway that stretches half way across the state in his name. If you feel embarrassed to wear his likeness on a shirt, maybe you should turn in your man card. :)

Of course, i'm a redneck so what do I know. :salute:

I want to start off by saying that I totally agree that the power T can't be beat.

That's the only part I agree with though. David Crockett is only one of the most well know and adored American folk heroes ever. Wearing a shirt with his likeness on it does not make a man seem redneck. If you feel that way, just keep in mind that he served our great state in the House of Representatives as well as served in the Tennessee militia. Oh, and that one other small thing. Something about leading a band of "volunteers" to the state of Texas to help with that little revolution down there. See "Alamo" for more details. The man has state parks and a memorial highway that stretches half way across the state in his name. If you feel embarrassed to wear his likeness on a shirt, maybe you should turn in your man card. :)

Of course, i'm a redneck so what do I know. :salute:

The beauty of a message board; a comment about a poorly designed and dated logo is taken as a personal attack and an insult to the state's history. Wow! This does add evidence that my beloved Volunteers have the stupidest, most thin skinned fan base in the country.

VN Store

Back