On a freakout scale, just where are we

No, we aren't. We are improving from a point that was the worst we have ever been. That was the day after Vandy last year. We have gotten better, how much is yet to be seen.

The day after Vandy last year until now, we haven't faced another team; so no, we haven't gotten better since then; we are unknown, and will be until after the West Virginia game.

I *think* Pruitt is the right man for now. I also *think* it will be a better season, with 5 or 6 wins. I *think* we will be improved. I *think* that we are again (finally) moving in the right direction for the first time since the mid 2000's.

Unfortunately, I'm very much a 'wait and see' kind of guy right now, and rightfully so.

While most would agree that the range for wins is 3 to 9, regardless of how you get there (3-1 non-conference; 3-5 conference or some combination thereof) most would also agree that 6-6 is at the top of the Bell Curve for this team. While nothing is for sure in this world the most likely scenarios involve winning at least 3 of the non-conference games and losing the 3 tougher conference games. That leaves 6 relatively even contests. The season will turn and this team and CJP will be judged on how well the Vols perform in those six games - FL, SC,KY, Vandy, Missou,and W VA.

Until we are 3-4 games into the 2018 season we won't have a gauge of how good these 6 are and how the Vols may stack up to them.
So at this point the best analysis or most common opinion would be the Vols go 3-3.

My point was until we get some on the field data points to use all we have is relatively unfounded opinions...but since it is the off-season we will continue to discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:agreed.

VN Store

Back