On a freakout scale, just where are we

If college football causes you to have a full meltdown freak out moment you should immediately re evaluate what’s important in life.

You would assume he means in terms of college football and not altering your actual mental state, wouldnt you?

Reactions: 2 people
You would assume he means in terms of college football and not altering your actual mental state, wouldnt you?

The problem with hyperbole, which surrounds us constantly these days (see there, I even added a little more), is that you never know when a person is seriously looking for help.

So best to respond as if you're pretty sure it's all just over-statement, but ready for the off-chance that they were dead serious. Assuming one or the other isn't always wise.

Reactions: 1 person
The only people who will freak out are the ones who have unreasonable expectations for this team and potentially live in an alternate reality.

If this team goes better than 5-7 its a miracle.

No o-line. No proven RB's. Garbage QB's..its going to be a rough one.

Kind of how I feel, with just a tad too much pessimism.

I think we have a proven enough RB in Ty Chandler. The OLine is a hot mess. QBs may be a wildcard due to improved coaching. Defensively, I worry about depth and the backfield, especially corner.

I agree that 6-6 is probably the high water mark. Anything over that, and I'll be extremely impressed.

The problem with hyperbole, which surrounds us constantly these days (see there, I even added a little more), is that you never know when a person is seriously looking for help.

So best to respond as if you're pretty sure it's all just over-statement, but ready for the off-chance that they were dead serious. Assuming one or the other isn't always wise.
Meh....

People who railed against Butch Jones for 5 years arent freakiing out or surprised at this situation at all.

Seriously.... There's only one way we could go at this point. O-line play has been hot garbage for years and I don't think I've seen a Corner effectively play the ball in the air since the Bush Administration.

Actually, I think we could possibly fall further. Another 4 win season this year, to me, doesn't meet expectations. With good coaching, I personally think this team has enough talent to win 5 games. That is my expectation. I think we should expect 5 wins this year. Now, common sense has to come in to play here. If we lose our best player to injury, or best qb etc...I could see how we could fall short of 5 wins. As long as injuries and discipline issues are normal, we should win 5. A good football coach wins us 5 games, looking at this schedule

this is the least that i've cared about football leading up to a spring game. maybe it was the success of basketball making me somewhat content. maybe it's because i know this season is going to be filled with disappointment. idk the reason, but i'm not freaking out to answer your question.

It's been blizzarding for over 10 years.

Maybe he's referring to the fan support? I hope that never happens, but eventually you begin to wonder if fans will get fed up. And.... To add salt to the wound....oh this is good... Your biggest rival went out, found a proven winner ( won many titles over and over ) , and opened the bank for him. Not once either. Multiple times. They pay that man

I, like most fans, am just numb after the fiasco of last year. I still have that nightmare in
my head of getting up on game day every week, thinking that this would be the day our team would get it together. Instead they got progressively worse, from the Georgia Tech game all the way to Vandy. Never thought I would see it in my lifetime. So, no freaking out now, that was used last season. Still have hope though.

We are 14th in talent level in the SEC, kENTUCKY AND VANDY, HAVE MORE TALENT THAN WE DO SIMPLE AS THAT, it will take time hard to get a elite recruit to come here when you are this far from the top, this is a 5 year process if goes well if not then the same thing tear it down again and start over Basketball season can't get here fast enough, some on here won't like the truth but we are a long way from the middle of the pack muck less the top this team will be lucky to win 5 games might be another 4 win season and that will be a hard sell to top recruits.

not gonna freak out..
gonna support this team and coaching staff with all my VOL blood...

we have a new CARETAKER of Tennessee Football....AIGHT!!!!!!!
we got rid of the UNDERTAKER of Tennessee Football...

I just believe we are in much better hands now and with Fulmer back the curse has been lifted..Looking forward to great things from my VOLS moving forward....

GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as cornerback and the oline are concerned.

0 is no concern at all. CJP has got it handled.
10 is I’m on the Henley Street bridge ready to jump.

I don't worry about what I can't change myself. I figure if we start winning the recruits will come.

We are 14th in talent level in the SEC, kENTUCKY AND VANDY, HAVE MORE TALENT THAN WE DO SIMPLE AS THAT, it will take time hard to get a elite recruit to come here when you are this far from the top, this is a 5 year process if goes well if not then the same thing tear it down again and start over Basketball season can't get here fast enough, some on here won't like the truth but we are a long way from the middle of the pack muck less the top this team will be lucky to win 5 games might be another 4 win season and that will be a hard sell to top recruits.

I just got dumber reading this.

Reactions: 5 people
Most anyone around at this point is either level headed and a VFL no matter what or heavily medicated. Not sure I would go with the term freak out.

Pruitt can't fix what ails this team no matter how many aights he throws at with the roster as currently constructed IMO.

Id put both at an 8 or 9 to answer OPs question though and include the kicking game as well.

VN Store

Back