Old School Punter, the new PG

You people who deny that make me sick to think you are Vol fans! Why don't you kick Jacob Gilliam off the football team who played against Ole Miss without an ACL? He's one of those fifth year senior walk on types!

It makes you sick that we call ourselves vol fans because we don't necessarily subscribe to your theoretical opinion that Brandon Lopez???

That's akin to me saying that it makes me sick for you to call yourself a vol fan because you don't like tacos.

Grow up man. We're not going to all agree all the time, but calling people's fandom into question over something so dumb, of which you CLEARLY hold the minority opinion I might add, is about as ignorant and childish as it gets.

You jokers saw him play in slouch minutes as a cold sub off the bench.

I wonder why that is, given all that solid, proven PG play we became accustomed to over the past three seasons, and Lopez still saw scant minutes of action.

Afraid of the full post or just cherry picking! No guts guys!
"This is what I mean. You jokers saw him play in slouch minutes as a cold sub off the bench. Evidently Coach T saw a heck of a lot more than you beginning his senior campaign. He said that over and over. He also said he was one of the senior leaders along with Richardson. He was going to be the starting point guard, period. He had worked hard enough for four years to be the man. You people who deny that make me sick to think you are Vol fans! Why don't you kick Jacob Gilliam off the football team who played against Ole Miss without an ACL? He's one of those fifth year senior walk on types!"

It makes you sick that we call ourselves vol fans because we don't necessarily subscribe to your theoretical opinion that Brandon Lopez???

That's akin to me saying that it makes me sick for you to call yourself a vol fan because you don't like tacos.

Grow up man. We're not going to all agree all the time, but calling people's fandom into question over something so dumb, of which you CLEARLY hold the minority opinion I might add, is about as ignorant and childish as it gets.

Woah, hold the phone,,,,,he doesn't like tacos? A person that doesn't like tacos can't be trusted

Afraid of the full post or just cherry picking! No guts guys!
"This is what I mean. You jokers saw him play in slouch minutes as a cold sub off the bench. Evidently Coach T saw a heck of a lot more than you beginning his senior campaign. He said that over and over. He also said he was one of the senior leaders along with Richardson. He was going to be the starting point guard, period. He had worked hard enough for four years to be the man. You people who deny that make me sick to think you are Vol fans! Why don't you kick Jacob Gilliam off the football team who played against Ole Miss without an ACL? He's one of those fifth year senior walk on types!"

That really strengthens your point.

Signed,
Sarcasm

Yet you expect us to deduce it.
Provide a link or a source beyond significant minutes.
Shows how clueless some of you are. Anybody who knows anything about basketball or football here at UT knows that Butch or Donnie have an ongoing competition. They don't announce starters.
PS You must have missed the revelation I finally made after much deliberation figuring it could no longer do any harm. Brandon told me personally. Close on that room, ole buddy! :eek:k:

Shows how clueless some of you are. Anybody who knows anything about basketball or football here at UT knows that Butch or Donnie have an ongoing competition. They don't announce starters.
PS You must have missed the revelation I finally made after much deliberation figuring it could no longer do any harm. Brandon told me personally. Close on that room, ole buddy! :eek:k:
They don't announce starters, but you somehow say Lopez was the starter...yeah ok.

They don't announce starters, but you somehow say Lopez was the starter...yeah ok.
Who was the starter gonna be? Chiles?? Seems to have disappeared for the time being, huh? Why don't you be a big boy and admit it? You all know it! Just can't bring yourselves to say the Ole Sarge was right all along? Gutless wonders!

Who was the starter gonna be? Chiles?? Seems to have disappeared for the time being, huh? Why don't you be a big boy and admit it? You all know it! Just can't bring yourselves to say the Ole Sarge was right all along? Gutless wonders!

You are wrong.

I have no dog in this fight. For a walk-on, anything above 2 minutes IS significant minutes for them. I could hold to this opinion and say this was all BLo would get. I could also think 10-15 minutes is significant minutes. Also, a starter's minutes are significant minutes. There are plenty of ways one could twist words to support agendas.

I'm a fan of BLo and wish him all the best. I DO believe he would have had significant minutes and maybe even could have started a few meaningless games at the beginning of the season. I don't think he would have remained the starter though heading into SEC play.

The plan was originally for Chiles to assume duties or for them to sign a solid HS PG. His injuries and lack of progression forced other options such as Punter to assume the duties. Even if Chiles had progressed and BLo never got injured, there is no way to know Punter wouldn't have been the best option on the floor. Punter was/is just a better option than BLo at PG with his ability to drive and shoot.

SD, I'm not an enemy. Disagreeing doesn't mean I don't like you or feel you don't add to the board. It's just a differing opinion. Also, thanks for your service to our country.

I showed a picture of punter to a friend asked him who it was he said ...Kevin durant lol I'm starting to think there has to be some relation

This is what I mean. You jokers saw him play in slouch minutes as a cold sub off the bench. Evidently Coach T saw a heck of a lot more than you beginning his senior campaign. He said that over and over. He also said he was one of the senior leaders along with Richardson. He was going to be the starting point guard, period. He had worked hard enough for four years to be the man. You people who deny that make me sick to think you are Vol fans! Why don't you kick Jacob Gilliam off the football team who played against Ole Miss without an ACL? He's one of those fifth year senior walk on types!

Thanks for calling me a joker. The joke is on you. BL is probably a great kid, but if he was going to be our starting point guard then we were in deep trouble. We have had poor, inconsistent pg play for the last 3 years yet BL when given the opportunity never really contributed.
If he had grown three or four inches and improved his pounds per inches (lol) then maybe he could have made a run at starter.
Comparing BL to JG is comparing apples to oranges. Two different sports and position skill sets.
Also I did not know you had to believe BL was going to be a leader/starter in order to be a Vol fan. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for calling me a joker. The joke is on you. BL is probably a great kid, but if he was going to be our starting point guard then we were in deep trouble. We have had poor, inconsistent pg play for the last 3 years yet BL when given the opportunity never really contributed.
If he had grown three or four inches and improved his pounds per inches (lol) then maybe he could have made a run at starter.
Comparing BL to JG is comparing apples to oranges. Two different sports and position skill sets.
Also I did not know you had to believe BL was going to be a leader/starter in order to be a Vol fan. Thanks for the heads up.

Good post, but he will never admit he is wrong.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if punter led us in scoring some nights the kids is aggressive and can knock down a shot

VN Store

Back