Old School Punter, the new PG

Ok, well I'm gonna step back out and stay in my lane. Lol. I'm still feeling my way around here.

I've met Lopez though. He is a good kid. Very pleasing personality.

I'm sure Jabari will tell you this but Lopez is one of the funniest guys on the team. Last year during the tourney run he was going around and giving everyone a "stunner". I think Lopez will make a great coach one day if that's what he chokes to do with his life...he just isn't an SEC caliber point guard. We probably shouldn't make jokes about it but SeniorDrill really stirs us up lol.

I can see SD on Halloween standing on his porch yelling " You damn kids get off my lawn"
If you spent 4 years in the Navy, why are you such a SmartA? My best friend was an engineer on a nuclear submarine until he committed suicide two months after we attended the last Tennessee bowl game and the UT-Memphis basketball game the following week. Didn't have a clue!

It's a running joke with a few posters. Lopez is a good kid with a lot of heart, but he's not as talented as the other guards. Everyone realizes this except one person.
Damn't it, that is utterly stupid. He was more talented than anyone we had running the point. He has run it against the best UT had to offer for the last four years! He had won the starting job through his hard work. You guys know absolutely nothing about how good he was because Martin sat him on the pine the whole time he was here. All I know is he led the state in scoring earned TSWA All-State honors after averaging 25.6 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.8 assists as a senior in 2011 and posted an impressive 3.9 GPA in high school. That plus four years as a walkon and you guys follow along after BTO saying there is no way he could be better than a player with a scholarship. Give me a break! Commons sense tells you differently if you would break away from the guy leading you down the path to the next trick or treat house.

By the way, he could have more than likely gone to a major D1 program but chose to stay here and play at the school he had fallen in love with because he had grown up watching the Vols by walking on. He just happened to walk on to a coach who had a bias.

Damn't it, that is utterly stupid. He was more talented than anyone we had running the point. He has run it against the best UT had to offer for the last four years! He had won the starting job through his hard work. You guys know absolutely nothing about how good he was because Martin sat him on the pine the whole time he was here. All I know is he led the state in scoring earned TSWA All-State honors after averaging 25.6 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.8 assists as a senior in 2011 and posted an impressive 3.9 GPA in high school. That plus four years as a walkon and you guys follow along after BTO saying there is no way he could be better than a player with a scholarship. Give me a break! Commons sense tells you differently if you would break away from the guy leading you down the path to the next trick or treat house.

If you think Lopez was the best option to run the point before his injury you have something missing between your ears. Look people that I know have seen him practice and that he is mid level talent at best. Also tifwiw but JRich would have started at pg not BLo.

Reactions: 1 person
If you spent 4 years in the Navy, why are you such a SmartA? My best friend was an engineer on a nuclear submarine until he committed suicide two months after we attended the last Tennessee bowl game and the UT-Memphis basketball game the following week. Didn't have a clue!

I'm sorry about your friend but that has nothing to do with anything.

By the way, he could have more than likely gone to a major D1 program but chose to stay here and play at the school he had fallen in love with because he had grown up watching the Vols by walking on. He just happened to walk on to a coach who had a bias.

Link? I'm only asking because I've searched and he didn't have a recruiting profile on Rivals or Scout. Usually guys with major offers and the ability to go to a major D1 program have recruiting profiles.

Just because you put up good stats against weak competition and have a high gpa doesn't mean you are a high D1 prospect. If you have watched him play in a game at UT then you would know that he is way behind in terms of talent and athleticism.

The above post is heavily laced in stupidity.

-Leading the state of Tennessee in scoring in HS translates to no more than glory days in the SEC, where Lopez cannot play defense, shoot, drive, or score.

-His HS GPA doesn't provide him with a better jumper, quicker reaction time, or more athleticism.

-The only point you made that has any bearing on his ability, is the point about how he rode the pine behind three pretty average PGs in his time at Tennessee. That's pretty damning evidence that he couldn't beat out Golden, Barton, or Thompson for even spot minutes. None of those guys were natural PGs, like Punter, so you either think that Lopez magically transformed his athletic ability and skill level overnight, or that Tyndall was just going to hand him the job because he was the only "natural PG".

Most laughable about your baseless accusations, is the belief that any us feel this way because BTO does or doesn't. I won't speak for everyone else, though I think I accurately could, but I make my own decisions based on how I interpret situations. BTO isn't going to tell me how to think and we have had plenty of disagreements. If he sided with you in this argument, I'd tell him he's as boneheaded as you are, and wouldn't think twice of it.

Steven Pearl averaged over 20 a game in highschool lol. I bet you didn't want him starting.

I love how you define manhood and value by one's decision to serve or not serve in the military.

If you are what the military produces, then it only reinforces my decision to live a civilian life.
Those who choose to employ a "military superiority complex" (as I call it) are extremely pretentious and rude. I know several vets that do not choose to employ this, and it's so much nicer.

Those who choose to employ a "military superiority complex" (as I call it) are extremely pretentious and rude. I know several vets that do not choose to employ this, and it's so much nicer.
Don't judge us all by this clown.
Most of us reserve the attitude for the VFW lounge.

VN Store

Back