Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Good ol "You can't see me" ,,,,as she taunts Hailey Van Lith
Yeah world,,,great role model
View attachment 629790
But then again,,,You've got to remember who they were playing
One thing this year has taught me is how unbelievably fast the women's bb world is moving.

The older players like Clark, Reese, Brink got caught up in an unfortunate narrative that it was somehow good for the game and good for women to be as awful as the worst men in the sport. Was somehow their right and duty. Also that performative whining, bullying, obnoxious behavior was "passion". So F you, and you, and you.

Fortunately, those players are already yesterday's news and the new generation doesn't seem to care a whit about such crap. They show their passion through joy, hard play and positive interaction w fans. Of course things may get chippy and they may jaw, but Watkins, Hildago, Crooks, etc don't seem so consumed by all that. They're the ones who are actually freed up.

Maybe it took the mistakes of the older generation to get us to the young uns, but I find them infinitely more enjoyable.

One thing this year has taught me is how unbelievably fast the women's bb world is moving.

The older players like Clark, Reese, Brink got caught up in an unfortunate narrative that it was somehow good for the game and good for women to be as awful as the worst men in the sport. Was somehow their right and duty. Also that performative whining, bullying, obnoxious behavior was "passion". So F you, and you, and you.

Fortunately, those players are already yesterday's news and the new generation doesn't seem to care a whit about such crap. They show their passion through joy, hard play and positive interaction w fans. Of course things may get chippy and they may jaw, but Watkins, Hildago, Crooks, etc don't seem so consumed by all that. They're the ones who are actually freed up.

Maybe it took the mistakes of the older generation to get us to the young uns, but I find them infinitely more enjoyable.
One thing I have so much solace and am confident in is that Rickea's game will translate into the WNBA,,,,with no problem,,,bc she fills a need,,,not creates one

OM was always one of the most athletic teams, but also one of the worse shooting teams in the conference, caught up to them today, a six man squad schooled them. Ivey > Yo, not even close, in many ways.

Rooster1, looks the SC bulldozer is firing on all cylinders.....

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ok, so did everyone see Stanford back door NC State for the score on the FIRST possession of the game? That’s what a well coached team looks like.

Reactions: Deebowbear
With the level of individual talent on the floor in this Sweet 16 matchup between Stanford and NC State, I’m almost certain the head coaches did not have to spend a ton of NIL money. I guess great teams can still be recruited and developed the good old fashion way.

The 1st quarter of the Stanford vs NC State game proves one thing, that Tennessee has to improve drastically on defense. Before anyone points out the obvious, no Stanford is not a team as a whole that is either athletic or has speed. Held NC State to 11 points after they scored 24 last game against Tennessee.

With the level of individual talent on the floor in this Sweet 16 matchup between Stanford and NC State, I’m almost certain the head coaches did not have to spend a ton of NIL money. I guess great teams can still be recruited and developed the good old fashion way.

Stanford doesn’t even has a transfer (gasp)

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back