OFFICIAL: Tennessee vs. Michigan - Friday at 12:40 PM EDT - TruTV (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we find out if we're going to SHOCK the world in the second game. Unless of course we're caught LOOKING ahead.

Michigan and only Michigan, they are the only team we should be focused on right now. If the players think about Duke for a moment down the road then they will lose. Hopefully, Michigan will do that. With that being said, does anybody know anything about Michigan. I know the Big Ten is much better than the SEC top to bottom and the second strongest conference this year. I think we will match up favorably against them but our players will have to be motivated and coaching will have to be like it was in the preaseason NIT. Vols should have more fans in Charlotte. Not sure who Duke fans will root for. I like this first round matchup.

At least we find out if we're going to SHOCK the world in the second game. Unless of course we're caught LOOKING ahead.

I don't think any team in their right mind would overlook Duke. Then again sometimes I wonder about this team! lulz

When this team brings the effort, and shoots well we can beat just about anyone. It's not likely to happen though.

I like it. You don't expect this team to have letdowns against names like Michigan and Duke.

Multiple bracket projections had us as a 10 seed in the same bracket as a 2 seeded Duke. Not a big difference, except we play an 8 instead of a 7. This is much better than playing a Washington or K State in the 1st round as some had projected.

I hope pearl can coach em up. He has a chance for redemption! GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

not to look past mich (yes i am)....duke should have kyrie irving back which makes them soo much better, assuming he mans up and plays since this will be his only ncaa tourney if he goes pro after this yr

Not sure if this Michigan matchup is favorable. They beat Oakland by 18 a week after we played them. They are 7-4 since Feb 1, we are 5-7. Two of those losses were to #1 ohio state. They took Kansas to overtime this year, took Ohio State to overtime this year. With those 4 losses since February 1 they lost by an average of 5 points, with 2 losses by 1 and 2 points. They have 5 three point shooters that shoot better than 36%, which is REALLY good, so we will have to guard the three point line very well and force them to shoot 2's and take it into the post.

4/5 top scorers are under 6'5, so we will be able to handle them defensively. I feel like we play better against smaller, less aggressive teams (see Nova, Memphis). Once again, force them to shoot tough 2's and feed the ball to their big men, don't leave them open from 3 and get back in transition, which are seriously problems with our team defensively. They also went 4-5 in conference road games, but 4-2 in the last month. Going to be a VERY tough first round game, I honestly don't think we will win.

Last edited:
Michigan aint that much of a slouch though. They've lost to Ohio State 3 times by single digits, took KU to overtime, kept it close with Syracuse, barely got by a good Harvard team, and smoked a good Oakland team.

IMO, pressure their guards and speed the game up. Michigan turns the ball over at a high rate with how slow they play (practical B-10 team). We should control the boards in this game too so I really look for a big boost with 2nd chance points. I imagine Pearl is going to really preach perimeter defense here. If Michigan aint knockin' down 3's they will struggle badly. Playing slow is not ideal to me but if Pearl chooses too I don't see Michigan trying to speed this game up. It would at least save our legs against Puke in round 2

Michigan beat the same Oakland team that we lost to by 18. Dont sleep on them.

I would hope nobody got the memo when they barely lost to Michigan State but started taking them serious when they beat us. Either way, I aint going to take anything away from Oakland, they are a terrific team!

Well, the Vols get a chance to beat the Wolverines in 2 sports. We've done it in football, now let's do it in basketball. Vols need to do better than 48% from the field and hit 75% from the charity stripe. GO VOLS! Beating Duke is another story. The Vols have to play their best game of the season, providing we beat the Wolverines, to make it to the sweet 16. Can Memphis beat Arizona? If not, then it's Arizona vs. Texas and the Longhorns are not playing well. In the upper bracket, it looks like Kentucky will have to make it past Ohio State to make the sweet 16. Will it beat the Heels vs. Ohio State or against the Cats? West VA won't make the sweet 16. The Gators may have to play BYU to make the sweet 16. That should be a good matchup. I'll be pulling for the Cougars in that one. Will more than 1 top seed make it to the Final 4? I'll be surprised if anyone from outside the 5th seed makes it to the elite 8. Would like to see the Vols there but I think their chances are slim. No game is easy and don't take any opponent lightly. One bad night and it's "go home." Which Vols team will show up against Michigan? The one who went 7-0 at the beginning of the season or the one who lost easy wins along the way? This team has me puzzled to say the least. I just hope the make the 2nd round. Won't be easy the way they've been playing lately.

Last edited:
we have a great shot to get past michigan which is great...no shot to beat duke in charlotte which i am fine with....this team has not resembled a top 32 team in 2011 so i will take a 2nd round exit to a good blue devils team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back