Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoBigOrange?????

Why are you here?

This is a Gruden thread!

Or are you just trolling.

I have been trying to get this website to load for a hour! anyone else experiencing difficulty?

Why is it that if the Grudenites are wrong, the trump card is "i guess our 'sources' were wrong" while if they are right, every body who didn't believe has to eat crow?

No way brother. You got it all wrong. Gruden gets hired, we're all drinking champagne and eating prime rib.

And remember, like the man said...

"We might have done a little bit of fightin' amongst ourselves, but you outside people best leave us alone." ~ Charlie Daniels of the Charlie Daniels Band and Vol For Life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuiBqbHGU8U[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
One question for the brilliant "insiders":

Why would UT offer Charlie Strong (and it is confirmed they did) if Gruden had any chance of accepting an offer from UT?

I can go ahead and answer for you: They offered Charlie Strong knowing that Gruden was not and is not coming. Im not sure why you guys are keeping this alive.

Lmmfao

Ive been lurking since Gruden II and this is my first post ever, on any forum. I just enjoy reading and have never really felt like I had anything to add until yesterday. I just got validated to post today. I dont want to claim that I have any inside contacts or info, I just want to share an interesting conversation. I work with a guy in northwest Bama that was a graduate assistant at Bama until he graduated and joined our company last year. He still works for them on recruiting strategies and databases which was his area as a GA and I reckon was pretty good at it. Yeah he wears a nc ring everyday, says they match everything. Most of you probably have no idea how horrible it is to live in southern TN and work in northern AL. Anyways, other than this guy being from Bama he is a good guy and has become a good friend over the last year. Yesterday on our way to lunch he started giving the normal crap about another nc for Bama and I laughed and said "Just wait till Gruden gets here and we'll put a stop to that." His reply is what surprised me. He said "I know, I still cant believe yall actually got him." I told him I was just kidding but I wish it were true and he said "It is true." Naturally I called BS and he said that him and a few others in recruiting were told by Bama they needed them to start work on a strategy to offset the splash on the recruiting trail. I ask if this was something they normally do and he said they develop regional tactics against certain coaches that are doing better in a particular region but in the six years that he had been involved they had never worked on anything on a national level based on one coach. Just thought I would share it for what its worth

How have you been lurking since Gruden II with a Dec 2012 start date? Just curious.

One question for the brilliant "insiders":

Why would UT offer Charlie Strong (and it is confirmed they did) if Gruden had any chance of accepting an offer from UT?

I can go ahead and answer for you: They offered Charlie Strong knowing that Gruden was not and is not coming. Im not sure why you guys are keeping this alive.

Lmmfao at you

GoBigOrange?????

Why are you here?

This is a Gruden thread!

Or are you just trolling.

I enjoy discussion. Have been wanting some here, but nobody has any rebuttals but yelling and getting their panties in a wad. I just wanted some back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back