Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure which thread this needs to post needs to be, but outside of Gruden talk. How in the world did coaches such as Charlie strong and Larry effn Fedora become Big Hires period? Even Mike Gundy in my opinion is at best a decent hire. I believe either Dave Hart is putting on a huge smokescreen or he is super retarded and needs to go back to bama where he came from.

I think he's about to spend a truckload of cash we don't gave and do that very thing... go back to Bama and laugh.

The Internet will officially crash tomorrow when Gruden is announced

6r5642.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
No kidding. The one guy kept whining about not posting the rules and saying there were no such rules in spite of the fact that I posted the link. I guess he was too lazy to open another window and do a google search.

He was probably just trolling. But right of the gate he started the name calling and such and I knew exactly what I was dealing with. The NFL takes that stuff very seriously!!!

Absolutely they do, even to the point of appearing to tamper. It's why I place no value on Gruden back to the NFL even in a front office since they fall under the same rules.

It looks like the riff-raff in here is slowly but surely clearing out! Thankfully.

Why do the non-grudenites feel the need to come into this thread and start popping off and attacking people???

If we choose to believe in all things Gruden and question all the insanity surrounding the Gruden dealings, then why do they care?

Wonder what they used to attract them back in the sewer? Hmmmmmmm.

I don't really know what to believe...but I'm still hopeful it turns out to be Gruden. If it ends up being Strong, ill be disappointed, but will get behind him just like I did DD. the biggest problem I have is what it will cost to bring Strong here, that's a huge risk due to the PF & DD buyouts and facility upgrades draining our reserves, so it would seem we would be stuck with whoever it ends up being for a long time. I just have to believe that Hart, "boosters", Cheek...all involved know that significance of this hire at this pivotal time at UT and would not "settle" for a risky and/or mediocre hire. Maybe with the resources and support he would get at UT he would make it to the next level but that is yet to be seen and IMO this just isn't the time to "take a chance". I have known Stephen Hargis my whole life and believe what he reported is truth, and his report has been supported 100% by Jay Greeson, the Sports Editor at TFP, who today on Sportstalk again corroborated it and said based on what he KNOWS he wouldn't be surprised if Gruden still ends up at UT. I remember stating that Fulmer should have been offered the AD position and being ridiculed, but I would feel a lot more comfortable right now knowing a man that loves UT as much as I do was the one making the ultimate decision with this hire.

Reactions: 2 people
As I said in another thread....

The only people we went after, that we know of...

Strong, Fisher, Mora, Gundy and Fedora.

Two of those have only been where they are one year,

and the other three have received contract extensions in the past year.

It's almost like we went for the candidates that it would put them in a really tough spot to take our job. Either A) they just got there, or B) They just took an extension and stated how honored and proud they are to be with.

Plus, we took guys who are loyal to their schools. Strong has stated "The University of Louisville is the place I want to be, and most importantly, is where my family wants to be," (Said October 2011) Senior defensive end Greg Scruggs said the new contract shows Strong is here to stay if another school comes calling for his coach.

"This is what Coach Strong wants to build up," Scruggs said. "It's not like this is a stop-and-go for anything. Coach Strong wants to make this his empire. Coach Strong wants his mark to be on this university." (Same article)

Gundy - “I am humbled and appreciative for the new extension. Oklahoma State means a lot to me and my family. My duty is to continue building on the success we have enjoyed the past few years and make sure our program compliments the academic mission of OSU. (January 2012)

Fisher - "Florida State is the type of job you want to stay at forever."

I'm just saying, it's like we picked the candidates that were the LEAST likely to leave their programs.

Like we were trying to get them to not come.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back