Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is your/our problem. if they can make a respectable hire that most vol fans could get behind, they (fans) will get behind it, because of our love for UT. if y'all can't get currie out before they make a decent hire (brohm sumlin type) then you can forget it.

not against you. i'm for you. i've sent numerous emails and made calls myself. singed petitions. the whole shabang.

just sayin' ...

You're a singer? Nice preacherman. Lets hear it😁

Reactions: 2 people
When the dust settles and this ends, one way or another. I would KILL to know why the HoH and UT seems to prefer a mediocre hire. Are they seriously that cheap? Fascinating.

Are they really pursuing Sumlin? Unfortunately I think the majority of fans will get behind him and be satisfied. The outrage comes when they toss out Doeren and Clawson because they aren’t worthy of the position. Sumlin is a good choice but not under this leadership.

I have not been told that by anyone I trust. Also I don’t think he would want to be here. Also the Ex Ark coach thing doesn’t seem credible. He can just sit back and get fatter without doing anything for years.

i don't understand ... why won't someone stand up to haslam?
what's so hard about it.
if you stand up to him and hire who you want (as an AD) and the chancellor and president sign off on it, what's he gonna do? get mad and not donate? boo friggin who! UT screws this up, they'll lose money regardless!

it's human nature ... "i won't do what you tell me" ... so why is it so hard to stand up to the bully haslam!!!!!!

You can say anything you want when your brother is governor but he is so arrogant that he's forgotten that bill wants to make a senator run it won't happen after this I can promise you that people in tennessee do.not.forget.

He's definitely not getting off on the good foot.

Reactions: 1 person
I have not been told that by anyone I trust. Also I don’t think he would want to be here. Also the Ex Ark coach thing doesn’t seem credible. He can just sit back and get fatter without doing anything for years.

I haven’t heard anything on Bilema. Where’s that coming from?

Ive seen a lot of the tin foil conspiracies being accepted because some of us refuse to believe somebody in the position of AD, President, Chancellor, etc can't possibly be that incompetent. My question is why is that hard to believe? If you're a conservative, you thought the federal government was incompetent for 8 years, if you're a liberal, you think its incompetent now. If our nation could be lead by incompetence, why is it so far fetched to see our university can be as well? Never underestimate stupidity, ever!

Who appoints the BOT members?

That's a really good question.

Some of the board memberships come with other positions: for instance, the Governor of the State of Tennessee and President of the University are both ex officio voting members. Others are selected, such as two faculty members and two university students. All the rest are appointed.

But selected and appointed by whom? The Governor's office?

I couldn't find the answer to that question anywhere in the by-laws of the BoT: Bylaws – UT Board of Trustees

Anyone know?

(sorry if answer already posted, I'm probably about 2 pages behind catching up)

Reactions: 1 person
what's so hard about it.
if you stand up to him and hire who you want (as an AD) and the chancellor and president sign off on it, what's he gonna do? get mad and not donate? boo friggin who! UT screws this up, they'll lose money regardless!

it's human nature ... "i won't do what you tell me" ... so why is it so hard to stand up to the bully haslam!!!!!!

Because everyone in a position to stand up to Haslam was hand picked by him so they wouldn't. Also the media is scared of him for some reasons. This is why the fans had to do this

what's so hard about it.

You ever fight a redneck? You have to fight the whole dang family AND the rest of the trailer park too. Taking Haslam out of power is not easy, but it can be done. The FBI is helping a LOT.

Reactions: 6 people
That's a really good question.

Some of the board memberships come with other positions: for instance, the Governor of the State of Tennessee and President of the University are both ex officio voting members. Others are selected, such as two faculty members and two university students. All the rest are appointed.

But selected and appointed by whom? The Governor's office?

I couldn't find the answer to that question anywhere in the by-laws of the BoT: Bylaws – UT Board of Trustees

Anyone know?

(sorry if answer already posted, I'm probably about 2 pages behind catching up)

What the people in here need to be doing that knows the rules or know how this **** works need to figure out a emergency tactic that's in the UT book that over throws the Head BOT member and put that into full effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back