Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Travis‏Verified account
@ClayTravis
2m2 minutes ago
More
I’m told Browns owner, and Tennessee booster, Jimmy Haslam, has been personally calling members of the Tennessee legislature who were critical of Schiano hire and telling them: “You don’t make the Tennessee hire, we do.”

The stones on that guy lol That's not a very smart move especially win Bill is not going to be Governor, these people will remember this.

Reactions: 1 person
@ClayTravis
2m2 minutes ago
More
I’m told Browns owner, and Tennessee booster, Jimmy Haslam, has been personally calling members of the Tennessee legislature who were critical of Schiano hire and telling them: “You don’t make the Tennessee hire, we do.”

I can only assume that by “we” he means the Haslam family since, as far as I know, Jimmy holds no official position within the University.

Reactions: 4 people
Beav. Your timing may be off. I feel it’s in our best interest to get through the weekend. That doesn’t mean we wait to reach out to the candidates.

Also, you won’t have to wait to hear from me or anyone else on here. Part of our success, with this fight, has been ensuring this search continues to be more public.

Its going to be a loooooooooong 3 days. The last 3 days have seemed like 3 weeks.

No time to feel tired, no time to rest...KEEP UP THE FIGHT!! :rock:

@ClayTravis
2m2 minutes ago
More

I'd tell him if he didn't suck at it so bad we wouldn't have to stick our noses in it. Big money guys don't like to be taken to task.

@ClayTravis
2m2 minutes ago
More

Get to tweeting folks!

You can say anything you want when your brother is governor but he is so arrogant that he's forgotten that bill wants to make a senator run it won't happen after this I can promise you that people in tennessee do.not.forget.

Reactions: 10 people
All of this is too crazy to be real. Misdirection every where. All of this seems to be a ruse.I don't buy that a coaching search can be this incompetent. I guess we will know soon.

Reactions: 2 people
Not yet. We’re up against insurmountable odds. This is going to be harder than anything else we’ve faced. Can it be done, yes. Just continue doing everything your doing. Don’t let up for even a minute. They think this whole thing will blow over if we get a decent coaching hire...

That’s why I’m stressing we need more time in order to get that done (by not making a hiring decision, just yet.).

here is your/our problem. if they can make a respectable hire that most vol fans could get behind, they (fans) will get behind it, because of our love for UT. if y'all can't get currie out before they make a decent hire (brohm sumlin type) then you can forget it.

not against you. i'm for you. i've sent numerous emails and made calls myself. singed petitions. the whole shabang.

just sayin' ...

He's an excellent writer and a TN Homer. I little brash at times and I don't agree with everything he says. He usually makes pretty good points as far as UT goes. Dixieland Delight is an excellent read if you haven't picked it up do yourself a favor and check it out. You will read it in one sitting I promise you. Very entertaining as far as football, traditions, tailgating, etc... In the SEC. Similar style of format to Rick Reilly's Who's Your Caddy.

Last edited:
True. This is part of the leverage to get John out. He has been neutered in the coaching ranks.

Coaching community is a tight knit group. The truly good ones (the ones we would want) know what is going on. They know it is not the fan base that is toxic. They know where the real problem lies with UT's lack of success. They are hoping we win.

Keep fighting VN.

Reactions: 8 people
WOW that Clay Travis tweet... if someone has recorded proof... that would be unbelievable... it's like we're in the 2nd movie a 3 movie box set or something.. The Empire Strikes Back... going after state reps now... what in the world

here is your/our problem. if they can make a respectable hire that most vol fans could get behind, they (fans) will get behind it, because of our love for UT. if y'all can't get currie out before they make a decent hire (brohm sumlin type) then you can forget it.

not against you. i'm for you. i've sent numerous emails and made calls myself. singed petitions. the whole shabang.

just sayin' ...

From what I have heard, Bev and Joe will not sign off on anything. We are essentially on hold.

Reactions: 10 people
I got the president on it guys... you know he can’t resist stirring some sh*t on twitter. Couldn’t help myself. 😂

Attachments

• FB98136E-BE32-4CBD-A826-F696AB15109F.jpg
    FB98136E-BE32-4CBD-A826-F696AB15109F.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back