Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made mention of a yahoo article stating that Les Miles wasn't a canidate. But then went on to state that according to Gruden this was the ONLY other canidate. He basically said that this pissed Gruden off so he bailed..

he bailed cause yahoo said miles was not a option?

that doesn't mesh with "ive got a lot of orange blood in me"

but to be fair a lot of orange blooded folks have been more wishy washy than that :)

Well, I’m going to watch lampoons Christmas vacation to take my mind off this. Gruden til someone else is at the podium. See you all tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure there’s a whole helluva lot of difference. We will be right back in this spot in 3-5 with a bunch of folks rejecting us over and over because it’s another rebuild. I realize you think this will pay off in the long run, but it really, really won’t if no one is there to see it anyway. But please feel free to keep championing your cause there Beav.

Lol, I'm not Beav, Christ look at how long I have been on this site. I even have a picture of myself in my profile because I'm not scared for people to see who I am. You need to calm down. And maybe you should research Shiano as a head coach and how hated he was. But you know what. I'm not going to argue with someone on the internet. I was just giving my OPINION of how I saw it play out. Good luck being miserable regardless of the outcome. If you really hate it so much, find something else to do with your Saturdays.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh God, the s*** flying through on twitter is so stoopid, we've hired everybody from Jim Bob Cooter to Mel Tillis to Ben McAdoo ... this is a **** horror movie ... I'm gonna start drankin
It would take Mel Tillis a week to do a 30 min. Presser

winner winner chicken dinner.....

So you're saying that the Haslams had a choice in whether Fulmer would be appointed AD....... Just because they were there (and wanted someone else) means next to squat if all the others said NO.

Yes it is...it's looking a bunch of DC's and a roll of the dice. What happened to stability! Les was willing to walk on hot coals to Knoxville for the job...this morning he's not on the list.
Eveyything that has happened since Fulmer seemed to be playing out like maybe Gruden was back in the picture and maybe they were just trying to place his coordinators. I'm hoping for a pleasant suprise still but I'm starting to feel myself almost start to accept that we may just stay the same course.If so these guys may turn out to be a really good thing but unfortunately it is feeling depressing. Maybe there will be the suprise we are waiting for in the next hours. Otherwise try to keep the faith. Glad to get this cat off my back.

Attachments

• 82554.gif
    82554.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 13
dbedda0082b8e93fda1327ea5c0371a2.gif

Squints,

(lol)
That's a keeper :)

Guys, the simontin quote was above his name, my wishful thinking with gif was below his name. Not sure why I would have to say that, I thought it was implied.

IMHO only...no insider info. I still believe it's Gruden if he wants to take on the challenges...and we all know what they are. The reasons to not come are many...but I think Phil managed to throw enough money at Grud & piece this all back together. The delay now is working out the contract & legal details. Phil will announce this himself to bask in some of the glory he rightfully deserves. So far Gruden hasn't said no...nor has his agent. Neither has the school or Phil. It would be criminally irresponsible to let this expectation continue to build at this point...but here we are still on the roller coaster that is the Grude train. Everyone understands what this could mean. The momentum will be a spectacle to watch...if it happens, sit back and enjoy the experience. Go Vols!!

What is puzzling to me is every other school who needed a coach has either hired one or just about too. They wasted no time in getting there guy! The process had to have started well before the hire.
A&M- Fisher
UCLA - Kelly
Florida- Mullen
Tennessee has had 18,843 coaches named as they’ve talked to or interviewed. The media is getting close to naming Divison 3 coaches as possibilities. The only reason we would’ve waited this long would be for Gruden. Tennessee is still a desirable job and not all those coaches would say no. A Purdue, NC State it Washington state coach would beg to come here. Just doesn’t add up to me

Reactions: 2 people
I read on Twitter earlier tonight that Gruden was interested in coaching the NFL again. I think the Giants. I don't give a rip about the NFL so I don't even remember for sure the team name.

If he bailed on UT it could simply be for this reason.

But I will believe when Phil introduces our next coach.

Otherwise, I am preparing myself for the worst.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/celinasummers/status/938214333787631616[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/celinasummers/status/938214983091048449[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/celinasummers/status/938215236913565698[/twitter]

Someone asked "Gruden chatter?" Response was "No".

I’m on VQ and looked through all of Simontons posts... something that big would be on his own site and not ours.... move on.... Fake News....

Soon Though

Lol, I'm not Beav, Christ look at how long I have been on this site. I even have a picture of myself in my profile because I'm not scared for people to see who I am. You need to calm down. And maybe you should research Shiano as a head coach and how hated he was. But you know what. I'm not going to argue with someone on the internet. I was just giving my OPINION of how I saw it play out. Good luck being miserable regardless of the outcome. If you really hate it so much, find something else to do with your Saturdays.

your beaver too?!?!?! me too!!!!!!! beaver bros!!!! :):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back