Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing all you fair weathered fans who are claiming to be done with Tennessee, stop posting. I mean why stick around and continue to tell us you’re done? Hit the road!

Looking forward to this new era and will support my orange through it all. Welcome to the Hill coach Pruitt!! Go Vols!!

Same reason you keep coming to this thread after supposedly being done with it. Go Vols!

Again, a childish comparison. Both had a chance and continued to lose. Pruitt has yet to have his. You are grasping at straws to justify your unwarranted hate.

Are you so naive or arrogant to think you can define "fair weather fan" for everyone? Spare me.

I've been to hundreds of UT games beginning in 1967. I've traveled all over the country to see them play on the road. You haven't the slightest clue what goes into a person's decision as to what type of fan they will be. I'm glad most TN fans will continue their support. I'm also glad that thousands will not.

Reactions: 3 people
It's natural for people to have an emotional disconnect when things play out like this coaching search has. Everyone wanted a splash hire, and Pruett may turn out to be one. As the next season gets closer, most will once again become excited. Some will have a wait and see attitude. Nothing wrong with that..

Pretty sure you misinterpreting the "SPLASH" in spalsh hire.
You don't become one with time.

Reactions: 4 people
Gruden knew that it was going to get ugly...

He wasn't coming unless Haslam was over thrown.

If Gruden does not take the podium it will be because he personally changed his mind.

And not sure about the verification of any rumors on a residence in Ktown, but if he doesn't take this job he will never be able to live full time in Knoxville.

It’s silly to shun him based on speculation and hearsay. I’d still welcome him to come be a homer during our games and to cheer on our Vols. It’s good for the teams morale and for recruiting purposes.

Hating Gruden because of fairy tales told by trolls is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
Come to the golf tournament next year. Hopefully we all will be in better moods.

hey Beaver, I live ~ 4 miles from the Honors but have never played it...would love the chance...please keep info out there about the tournament...I'm not a good player but still love it anyway

Are you so naive or arrogant to think you can define "fair weather fan" for everyone? Spare me.

I've been to hundreds of UT games beginning in 1967. I've traveled all over the country to see them play on the road. You haven't the slightest clue what goes into a person's decision as to what type of fan they will be. I'm glad most TN fans will continue their support. I'm also glad that thousands will not.

I’m glad you won’t judging by your attitude and demeanor. Hate sitting next to people like you in the stands. Peace! Hopefully you can find another team soon :)

At this point I'm not sure Gruden wanted the task that Tennessee was going to afford him. He probably enjoys people thinking he could come in and take over the SEC. Maybe the pressure was to great. I think if he would have wanted the job he could have had it.

How much of a fan would you be if Jones was still coach? How about Dooley?

I watched or attended every game that Dooley and Jones coached unless I had a family or other obligation that prevented it. I tried as hard as could to prevent those obligations. Next year, had Jones been the coach, it would have been the same.

I am an alumnus of the university. My wife is an alumnus. I was born into a Vol family and married into a Vol family. My in-laws held season tickets from 1959 until my MIL was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2009. Many in my family still hold season tickets.

I say all of that to say that it's not something that I can just turn off.

Reactions: 2 people
Google Rich Rod and the Alabama job (before they hired Saban). I don't think Pruitt changed his mind this morning in his driveway. Sigh.

Press on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back