Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t blame anyone for hoping for Gruden. I blame those individuals who played on Vol fans emotions and giving them unreal expectations based on fabricated lies.

I think it’s also childish and fair weathered for anyone to say they are done with UT because they didn’t get their way.

If we can look past all the fluff of the thread, I believe that most of the people here knew Gruden was at best a long shot. Some believed whole heartily that he was the guy and that is OK. All most of us wanted is a good game day coach that can recruit and develop talent.

That's where I am also, very angry!
I feel like UT didn't really try to lure Gruden, and only went coach shopping at Goodwill!
If you want to play big-boy football, you must pay big-boy salaries.
Pruitt is reported to be the sixth or seventh highest paid coach now.
So we are content with sixth or seventh in the SEC?

That's not what happened.

Reactions: 3 people
Knock yourself out, but don't tell others how to feel.

You’re the one that asked an open-ended question that you didn’t direct to anyone specifically... I wasn’t trying to be rude and I apologize if you took it that way. I’ve enjoyed having you in this forum. You’ve made me laugh and ton! I meant no disrespect

Reactions: 1 person
If I was Gruden with the brand he has developed I would take the same route of not speaking to it especially if you look at our past 10 yrs of cluster fook.

Open to coaching here and being confident in your ability to turn things around isn't enough...the other side has to be on the same page as well. He's a big commodity, right now, and it would be foolish to throw in publicly with us and put all that at risk, imo.

It's not his issue when we hang on every word looking to dissect and examine looking for and assigning hidden meanings then running w/ them like it's the gospel.

There's passion and there's business. It's wonderful when they're found in the same place but, again, fooking Haslam influence dynamics look to still be strong.

Then there's PM, wtf?? If Gruden was put off by Currie/Haslam antics, as rumored, then seeing PM like he's in cahoots w/ them....I would be very cautious of it all.

We've gotten what we've allowed by selling ourselves out to big money like street corner hookers.

With apologies to The Wizard of Oz, The witch (Haslam) is NOT dead.

If we can look past all the fluff of the thread, I believe that most of the people here knew Gruden was at best a long shot. Some believed whole heartily that he was the guy and that is OK. All most of us wanted is a good game day coach that can recruit and develop talent.

Same here. I feel like we got one. But it’s ok to disagree on that front. Just sick of these people saying how they are done. Why even announce it, multiple times? The Jerry McGuire act is old.

p4pb5840634.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Irony is strong in this one.

Hey fluffy boy, you come for some gloating...haha.
Glad you came around, it helps realize things could always be worse.

Apparently I took you off ignore for some reason, probably when you were talking out of both sides of your mouth a while back. I'll fix that right now.

Reactions: 2 people
You’re the one that asked an open-ended question that you didn’t direct to anyone specifically... I wasn’t trying to be rude and I apologize if you took it that way. I’ve enjoyed having you in this forum. You’ve made me laugh and ton! I meant no disrespect

I asked vol445 specifically. You butted in.

Same here. I feel like we got one. But it’s ok to disagree on that front. Just sick of these people saying how they are done. Why even announce it, multiple times? The Jerry McGuire act is old.
Seriously, can you really not see the stupidity in this comment?

I don't care if you stay or go, but if you're sick of it, why torture yourself?

Sorry if I missed reading your thoughts earlier, but what do you think happened? Why did UT miss out on their white whale? That is, if you feel like talking about it yet?

I'm not hashing it out again. We've been through it for months. Haslam and Currie happened. I'm sure books will be written about it, so you can find out then.

It's natural for people to have an emotional disconnect when things play out like this coaching search has. Everyone wanted a splash hire, and Pruett may turn out to be one. As the next season gets closer, most will once again become excited. Some will have a wait and see attitude. Nothing wrong with that..

I wanted Gruden. Overtures were made and we have to assume that he was never really interested in coaching UT. Now we move on as I am done with smokescreens, white whales, rainbows and butterflies. Thank you to everyone that made this thread so much fun. Good Riddance Undeserving Denizen of Egomaniacal Narcissism...

Yes, wait-what?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back