Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Had to borrow some $ for my car because i dont have thousands laying around like most folks ....certified bank check taken to the post office yesterday in Alcoa TN and sent USPS overnight....yall know my luck though by now right? Right. So check was guaranteed delivery by 6pm today...never came. Of course. Now have to call the sender, get the tracking number, try to find out where the Hell it currently sits yada yada yada. Then call the cat i bought it from and explain why i will not have the $4k balance that i owe him tomorrow as expected. Wtf man....was sent at about 10AM yest also, so it had an extra 8 hours over the typical 24hours to make its way all of 200 miles from home TN to Charlotte NC.

Wonder if USPS is as backwards as FedEx? The same letter sent FedEx from Ktown would first travel 400plus miles WEST to Memphis, then 600plus miles back EAST, flying right past Knoxvegas....to end up in Charlotte.

I should have known that when i got super lucky and found a car that i love which had just been listed...and was 1st person to drive it/immediately make offer....that everything would not go my way at least 3 or 4 major times after that. If i caught a couple breaks in a row it might inspire hope, expectation, etc lmao....thats the beauty of very low expectations. On the odd chance something actually goes right once in a while...its a nice surprise and respite from the storm lol...

Hope yalls day going better than mine anyway . Go Vols.

@NorthDallas40

When u retire soon, does that allow you to tee off from the tee box just past the ladies tees without any societal repercussions?
I’d guess shorts down rules will still apply since not everyone will be retired. I intend to be much more liberal in the application of the foot wedge however and claiming elderly handicap justification

Oh and since you brought it up … new golf bag today. 😎

6687A786-7DA2-4C99-B4E8-448A14CE2E41.jpeg296C901A-78D7-4FA8-9E8C-71F09576A140.jpeg

They're coy like that.

Trust me.
The last person to trust you...

giphy.gif

A condo near me sold in late January 2022 for $680K. The buyer never moved in and did zero upgrades. They simply held it for two and half months and then relisted it for $710K. It closed yesterday for $750K. That's a nice $70K gain in exactly 3 months between the two closing dates. That's a 41.2% annualized rate of appreciation. There are WAY too many idiots from California moving here!

Reactions: AM64
A condo near me sold in late January 2022 for $680K. The buyer never moved in and did zero upgrades. They simply held it for two and half months and then relisted it for $710K. It closed yesterday for $750K. That's a nice $70K gain in exactly 3 months between the two closing dates. That's a 41.2% annualized rate of appreciation. There are WAY too many idiots from California moving here!
750k - 6% = 705k - 680k =25k. 25k - 20% = 20k.

Those fees and taxes add up.

Crazy appreciation though.

That safety we got today is Beast with a capital B fellas. Solid 4 star but could have been rated higher probably. We beat out the Gumps and pups for him too....he could turn into the leader we need back there like Berry, Carter etc. Dale carter is still the best DB and maybe the best athlete i have personally seen wear Orange with my own 2 eyes. His son Warrior had a great senior year, but we need a 3 or 4 year leader back there. We may have just outbid Bama for 1. I hope so. Watch his film if yall get bored.

That safety we got today is Beast with a capital B fellas. Solid 4 star but could have been rated higher probably. We beat out the Gumps and pups for him too....he could turn into the leader we need back there like Berry, Carter etc. Dale carter is still the best DB and maybe the best athlete i have personally seen wear Orange with my own 2 eyes. His son Warrior had a great senior year, but we need a 3 or 4 year leader back there. We may have just outbid Bama for 1. I hope so. Watch his film if yall get bored.
You're getting hyped, aren't you?

VN Store

Back