Official Boxing thread

50 Cent seems to be a legitimate up and comer on the promotion / management scene, but these live rap ring walks are awful.

50 Cent seems to be a legitimate up and comer on the promotion / management scene, but these live rap ring walks are awful.

Ring walks are incredibly awful but I'm not sure how legit of a promoter he is/is becoming. I already blame him for derailing Gamboa's career, which I thought had the potential to be pretty special.

I broke down and curiosity got the best of me and it was not. *spoiler alert* it went the distance and he did just enough to win rounds. I can't fathom why they still put him on tv

According to 140lb contender Amir Khan, Golden Boy will be holding a 4 man tournament in the 140lb weight class. The first fight will be between world number 1 Danny Garcia and former champion Zab Judah on April 27. The second semi-final will be between IBF champion Lamont Peterson and power-punching Argentine, Lucas Matthysse.

Khan confirmed via his personal twitter account that both the winners of the fights will square off and the last man standing will face him at the end of the year.

So a guy who beat him and a guy who beat the hell out of him have to go through a "tournament" in order to get a rematch?

There's very few people in boxing I dislike more than Khan.

I'll have to download that fight and watch it, I planned to stream it but sat in my recliner and the lights went out instantly. Guess I needed the rest.

Nice win by Fury, coming off the deck. Guy is a total prick, but its almost endearing.

Just can't bring myself to ever like him, was rooting hard for him to go down.

Also, decent fight and win for Canelo last night. Wasn't the greatest fight ever but fairly entertaining and one of the more grind it out type fights than he's used to. Not going to absolutely destroy everybody, every time out.

Just can't bring myself to ever like him, was rooting hard for him to go down.

Also, decent fight and win for Canelo last night. Wasn't the greatest fight ever but fairly entertaining and one of the more grind it out type fights than he's used to. Not going to absolutely destroy everybody, every time out.
I half expected Cunningham's haymaker to start 2 to do the job.

Was impressed with Canelo.

"I think we can do 500,000 or 600,000 buys," Arum said. "We think the lowest is 400,000, with a shot at 600,000. Marquez is now bigger in Mexico than Chavez Jr. after the way he beat Manny, and Tim is coming off that great fight with Provodnikov. People know a good fight."

Think again, Bob, that fight has turd written all over it.

I've got it on but I'm definitely not rooting for Mayweather, even though I'm sure he'll win.

VN Store

Back