Official Boxing thread

Round 8: Descriptions are getting shorter but that's because it's getting more and more predictable. FM is landing a good to great shot or 3 per round and avoids getting hit with anything significant all day.

Round 9: Better round for RG but still probably not enough to win, sad thing about fighting FM is he's just too damn good defensively and he lands 2 or 3 flush shots that snap the head back and he wins another 10-9 round.

Round 10: Power punches landed by % so far FM in the fight = 61% and RG = 31%. Should tell you all you need to know. Nothing different in this round.

Round 11: I can't stand the guy but FM is just amazing as a fighter, he continues to be smart and strategic on D but still landing like crazy on the offensive counter.

Round 12: Nothing left to say. Probably a 10 rounds to 2 decision. Best in the business by far, not the most exciting fighter and a (personal opinion time) not a guy I like to root for but an absolutely dominant performance.

What makes you not like him so much??

I tend to dislike the his style in general (as a little background, I would have hated Ali if I was alive during his reign as well, not bc of how good he was but bc of how he went about it).

But, all that aside, the exact facts are a little sketchy but from what I can tell he beat a woman, and there really isn't a much lower form of a man to me than one that hits a female.

Wife and Daughter are BIG BRAVES fact we been going 2 3 games a year for 15 years
They watch EVERY game daughter now in Nashville and they talk on the phone watching a game they eat it up.. I take em not as big as them..We also got 755 Club tickets I hang in there drink some cold ones eat.... I let you know when we go case you can make a trip.
Daughter was a big Andruw Jones fan had his numer her whole softball days.
She was all state played Miss State 3rd base.. They always went behind the park got autographs ect... Andruw used to always come talk to them
You been to any games there?

Last edited:
Mayweather was far superior tonight. After the fight he admitted he had an injured right hand and should have knocked him out. Even though Floyd has been off a year he still did a great job. Couldn't be touched.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yawn? If I never hear from Floyd, Steroid Manny, or Freddy Roach again I'll take Lou Gehrig's place as the luckiest man on the face of the earth

Mayweather was far superior tonight. After the fight he admitted he had an injured right hand and should have knocked him out. Even though Floyd has been off a year he still did a great job. Couldn't be touched.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He probably did hurt his hand but he wasn't going to knock him out regardless. He had the fight won after probably the 8th round and Floyd is not one to take chances in that scenario.

Looking like Showtime took an absolute beating on that card, up to 500,000 less buys than their break even point.

Can't say I'm surprised, in the least.

JTrain, I know it's not Joe but Froch and Kessler are showing some good fight for a couple of smaller Euros.

Fun fight to watch, Froch is just better.

I wonder if the division is bad, or if Calzaghe was that good, or a combination of the two. I'm going to see Oosthuizen fight next month at Foxwoods, not sure if it's a televised card or not. Videos look good, but he can't finish taxi drivers or waiters, so I think he'd be SOL against Froch/Kessler/Ward

Fun fight to watch, Froch is just better.

I wonder if the division is bad, or if Calzaghe was that good, or a combination of the two. I'm going to see Oosthuizen fight next month at Foxwoods, not sure if it's a televised card or not. Videos look good, but he can't finish taxi drivers or waiters, so I think he'd be SOL against Froch/Kessler/Ward

I'd say that's most accurate.

VN Store

Back