Official Boxing thread

And Peterson had some rust but not as much as I expected. Don't know how much credit he gets for tonight or how much you take from Holt.

Holt threw a few attempted bombs early, then seemed to be resigned to getting beat for a check. Looked old.

I personally would like to see Peterson get another crack at Khan, or vice versa, as it'd be. But I can't see how Peterson doesn't fight the Bradley/Provodnikov winner next.

Will be interesting to see now that he's on Golden Boy but I agree, I'd like to see the Khan rematch most next.

I kind of want to see Khan get decked in a big fight, but not sure if Lamont is that guy. Matthysse could be, but again, a relative unknown lacking scalps, but his 2 losses have been somewhat questionable decisions. I've been meaning to watch some more of his video, by all accounts he can hit. A relatively sound fighter with a hammer is probably not on Khan's agenda.

Eventually you'd think Khan will have to fight somebody with a hammer but I don't think his chin (even after surviving Maidana) is something he and handlers are interested in showing off.

Morales/Barrera at the end, enjoyed. Didn't see the whole affair.

My Dan Rafael moment was probably what you'd imagine, an all you can eat KFC lunch buffet in Southington, CT. Not a bad guy, sure, he's got to give some hype, but he hates the title sanctioners. I think he's there with Iole, as in never will work for The Ring for a living, but decent writers.

Ha, not hard to imagine Dan at the buffet and I definitely agree with him in regard to the sanctioning bodies but overall I think he gets such a huge pass for being the boxing writer for ESPN that he's lazy and cliched and writes easy, simple stories.

I agree. I like that he writes though. I met Tessitore at a charity hockey gig when I was 15, he'd be a good writer, but I fear he'll be another Kellerman, good at his job, but not willing to put his feelings in print.

Iole is too much of a MMA guy at this point for me, though he's had some good stuff.

I'm one of the few stalwarts who doesn't want the 2 compared, let alone combined.

Kind of interested in Froch/Kessler in the spring, but it should've been in Newbridge, Wales so Calzaghe could step into the ring and finish them both in old school WWF handicap match style.

Kind of interested in Froch/Kessler in the spring, but it should've been in Newbridge, Wales so Calzaghe could step into the ring and finish them both in old school WWF handicap match style.

Haha, you and your Calzaghe love! Should have to do it for turn about fair play, wasn't the last on in Mikel's back yard?

Haha, you and your Calzaghe love! Should have to do it for turn about fair play, wasn't the last on in Mikel's back yard?

****, I don't remember. Thought it was in England.

But yes, I yearn to hear "The Fighting Pride, of Newbridge, Wales" one more time

Dan Rafael ESPN
Schaefer talking about a Showtime card on May 18 at the Verizon Center in DC - Peterson vs. Matthysse in the main event with Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook in the co-feature. Another home game for me if it happens!
/

Easy chance at a one puncher, Peterson is better, but I think Mattysse can fight too. Not sure is Peterson can take an overhand right on the sleep button.

Want to be excited about Saturday night boxing but so far this Smith - Bundrage fight is just awful.

VN Store

Back