Official Boxing thread

I'm in the middle of my work day and I just remembered that the Chavez-Martinez fight was last Saturday night.

I clicked over to Yahoo sports as fast as I could and found this.

2012-09-16T054247Z_1_CBRE88F0FVO00_RTROPTP_2_BOXING.JPG

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

...looks like all that talk caught up to him and ran him over.

He ****ed Marivilla up in the 12th, nearly had him finished. Definitely not a big fan, but he gave a better account than I figured he would. Definitely outclassed.

I got a laugh out of Arum's comments re : JCC testing positive for pot in his post fight test. Can't complain about honesty.

First weekend I've been excited about in quite a while so I figured it was worth bumping this thread. Donaire vs Nishioka is the main event but the fight before it will really be the one worth checking out. Rios vs Alvarado has all the components to end up as a FOY candidate when all is said and done. As one writer said:
A Very Brief Summary: Rios vs Alvarado

These two junior welterweights are going to beat the **** out of each other in an attempt to further their careers and entertain you at the same time. You do not want to miss this fight.

I really don't know who I think will win, even though I'm starting to favor Alvarado, but I think it's fair to say that I'm pretty sure it's not going the distance.

It does have the feel of a good quick war, neither fighter will ever be truly world class, but they're both capable of putting on a show.

Morales failed a drug test, probably trying to make weight. Sucks, unless the B sample passes.

More or less he loses either way, hopefully its a good show at least.

Manny Steward passed away, wasn't particularly a fan, but he represented the game well. 68 years old, too young, all things considered. RIP

Didn't get a chance to see it until this morning but...wow! Bronner made that look really really easy. I assumed he'd win but no where near that handily.

Judging by the traffic in this thread I know not many people care about boxing anymore but this Berto and Guerrero match was a hell of a fight!

Judging by the traffic in this thread I know not many people care about boxing anymore but this Berto and Guerrero match was a hell of a fight!

Watched last night as well. Berto's testing positive was disappointing for me. but it was a hell of an effort from him last night.

I'm thoroughly satisfied. Manny looked like he skipped a few steroid cycles in camp this time around.

Gamboa was both impressive and sloppy, if thar makes sense. No reason that fight should've gone the distance. The rest of the card was painful, I'd rather watch Valuev vs Rahman while drinking paint than wasch Vazquez / Gesta again.

Freddy Atlas going nuts again tonight about how corrupt boxing judging is. just like he did throughout the olympics. i agree with him, you watch the fights and wonder wtf the judges are looking at

VN Store

Back