Official Boxing thread

Haha, I'd live to see it too but I know not as much as you! I think he's done for good, think he's one of the few who played cards right and doesn't need it but in boxing, you never know.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ha, yep. Kellerman and jones are talking about 2, before tonight I had him at 6 but I can see him at 3 right now, easy.

That punch reminds me of Morgan Freeman's quote from Million Dollar Baby.

Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris: The body knows what fighters don't: how to protect itself.

A neck can only twist so far. Twist it just a hair more and the body says, "Hey, I'll take it from here because you obviously don't know what you're doing... Lie down now, rest, and we'll talk about this when you regain your senses." It's called the knockout mechanism.

Ha, yep. Kellerman and jones are talking about 2, before tonight I had him at 6 but I can see him at 3 right now, easy.

There's so few name brand fighters out there, that we're recycling Moseley. Sad part is the rednecks buy based on moseley, cause he has a cool nickname.

Yep, it's the button. If the jaw bone moves a little too far from it's place the brain just says nope, we're done. Let's go to sleep. Luckily he didn't take much damage after that shot but when his legs were kicking and got up at 9, he should not have been able to continue.

Don't know how far up he can go from here but nonito proved he's special tonight, but how far up is possible for him?

It just sucks that a guy like Calzaghe went home, when he could probably dominate anyone within 8lbs up or down. But there's no reason for him to come out, like PBF, he's rich and undefeated, and retired, has a celebrity fan base, why the hell should he come out and fight again?
I'm a big fan of Alfredeo Angulo, but who is he supposed to fight, a cab driver from Milwaukee?

Don't know how far up he can go from here but nonito proved he's special tonight, but how far up is possible for him?

On a bantam frame, he'll be outdone if he tries to fight at JR Lightweight, which he probably will for a check, so Rocky Juarez can take the belt to catch weight and get massacred by a bigger guy.

I know you love Joe, and for good reason, but I'm pretty sure he's done. He's rich enough and old enough to not want to risk his brain.

As for angulo, he lost my faith when he refused a huge payday against Martinez.

On a bantam frame, he'll be outdone if he tries to fight at JR Lightweight, which he probably will for a check, so Rocky Juarez can take the belt to catch weight and get massacred by a bigger guy.

You're probably right and yet he can't get a money fight less than that, which sucks for nonito.

You're probably right and yet he can't get a money fight less than that, which sucks for nonito.

I agree it sucks to be in the bottom step as to weight, going back to the original 8 classes would be best, but all the "sanctioning bodies" like taking their tax for title fights.

The Ring talks about that often, and all the fighters know that their belt is the one that matters, but they don't attach prize money to the only belt that matters, and really, most of these guys don't worry about that belt until they are set for life.

Oh hell yeah, the alphabet soup sanctioning bodies are the worse part of the sport that I love. I need more nights like tonight, more free tv stuff and real, exceptional fights on ppv, not zab fights

Oh hell yeah, the alphabet soup sanctioning bodies are the worse part of the sport that I love. I need more nights like tonight, more free tv stuff and real, exceptional fights on ppv, not zab fights

You'd think that they would understand, and throw that entire Judah card out for $8, ESPN PPV should climb on that.

But no, it'll be $35, to see 2 fighters who will likely never matter again. So unless i happen upon news beforehand, I'll download off a private torrent site and watch in the morning with my eggs and a coffee.

You'd think that they would understand, and throw that entire Judah card out for $8, ESPN PPV should climb on that.

But no, it'll be $35, to see 2 fighters who will likely never matter again. So unless i happen upon news beforehand, I'll download off a private torrent site and watch in the morning with my eggs and a coffee.

Yep, I'll do the same. I've got the illegal box that shows me all the fights but I need more fights on real tv to show it off

VN Store

Back