Official Basketball Forum NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Nerlens Noel, Joel embiid(if he ever gets healthy.) okafor (if they don't trade him.), stauskas,grant,Marshall,Tokyto,are all great pieces. Add in Simmons, and you have a solid team, in a very weak Eastern conference.

Nerlens Noel, Joel embiid(if he ever gets healthy.) okafor (if they don't trade him.), stauskas,grant,Marshall,Tokyto,are all great pieces. Add in Simmons, and you have a solid team, in a very weak Eastern conference.

I was laughing more at the wording you used. Seemed contradictory.

And yes, that is a nice group of young guys...But without a point guard and experience they will struggle.

Did anyone in here even watch SEC basketball this year. Simmons is overrated IMO. Could barely be consistent in SEC play, how does anyone expect him to play consistentally in the NBA? He also can't shoot worth a lick and has awful attitude problems.

Another overrated 19 year old going 1st. SMH.

Did anyone in here even watch SEC basketball this year. Simmons is overrated IMO. Could barely be consistent in SEC play, how does anyone expect him to play consistentally in the NBA? He also can't shoot worth a lick and has awful attitude problems.

I think that he'll be a much better professional player. He was limited by the LSU players around him. His passing ability is way above what his LSU teammates could handle. Even the worst team in the NBA will be better able to fully utilize his skills. And he's great around the basket and shoots a fine mid-range jumper. He's not at his best when toeing up to the 3-point line.

I know most fans aren't patient enough but he brought us a lot of talent, no salary cap and we have great flexibility for the future. Picked up future Lakers first round pick plus the kings first round pick as well as our own back from the magic. I was so tired of GM's running around spending money on broken down vets that was barely good enough to get us in the running for 8th in the eastern conference. The man had a plan and stuck to his guns.

Data suggests tanking is not a good strategy.

Why tanking doesn’t work in the NBA | The Wages of Wins Journal

I think Simmons has crazy game and knew he could pull a Randy Moss by taking plays/trips off and still be a lottery+.(while also putting up really good #s btw)

The real question(imo) is, since he hasn't shown a passion for the game, like a Buddy Yield or Brandon Ingram, will his non-interested play at times continue. Or will he step up game in game out to ear the pay check he's about to get. Jmo

He has a Magic/Lebron skillset. He could put up 20 10 and 7 in the league after a couple of years.
that's great. And I'm sure Embiid, Okafor, and Noel have all had their skillsets compared to Hakeem, Shaq or any other big man.

Now I'm hearing Jazz may trade pick for Patty Mills which makes sense in light of the Conley to Spurs rumors. I like it.

Simmons is a physical freak, the guy is so skilled for his size. He can handle the rock and drop a dime. He's not overrated the guy is legit, he just played for a terrible coach.

I wouldn't be too concerned with his time at LSU, it the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

Simmons is a physical freak, the guy is so skilled for his size. He can handle the rock and drop a dime. He's not overrated the guy is legit, he just played for a terrible coach.

I wouldn't be too concerned with his time at LSU, it the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

Let's see how hard he plays 4-5 days a week after getting PAID, before we lable him a sure thing.

I'm just saying the games not gonna come as easy now.

Last edited:
Let's see how hard he plays 4-5 days a week after getting PAID, before we lable him a sure thing.

I'm just saying the games not gonna come as easy now.

I'm not labeling him a sure thing. There have only been a few of those in our lifetime.

I'm just saying he has all of the tools to be a perennial all star, and that I wouldn't judge him based off of a pointless year in college.

and that I wouldn't judge him based off of a pointless year in college.

Agreed up to here, and I don't necessarily disagree just think there's enough evidence to question whether or not he has ticker problems.

I won't compare their games but to give an example of somebody I don't want him to be is Tracy McGrady. That dude was a good NBA player that could've been great. Imo

Agreed up to here, and I don't necessarily disagree just think there's enough evidence to question whether or not he has ticker problems.

I won't compare their games but to give an example of somebody I don't want him to be is Tracy McGrady. That dude was a good NBA player that could've been great. Imo

Makes sense. I'm just not a fan of the one and done system. If a team is willing to draft you, you should be able to go pro, and we could avoid the conversation of what a guy did one year in college.

I think it's possible that guys are just 'doing their time,' and essentially trying to avoid injury and trying not to hurt there draft stock.

Makes sense. I'm just not a fan of the one and done system. If a team is willing to draft you, you should be able to go pro, and we could avoid the conversation of what a guy did one year in college.

I think it's possible that guys are just 'doing their time,' and essentially trying to avoid injury and trying not to hurt there draft stock.

And that's a good point. I know one poster that will give a like for that one.(Chris4vols)

From all reports, he has lived in the gym and court since the season ended.... He has put on 20 pounds of muscle

From all reports, he has lived in the gym and court since the season ended.... He has put on 20 pounds of muscle

I think we will see a different player in the NBA than we saw in college.

Edit: My only worry for you is that he may not want to play for that dumpster fire of an organization.

Last edited:
And that's a good point. I know one poster that will give a like for that one.(Chris4vols)

I don't see how the NCAA can regulate that, I know there is some sort of agreement with the NBA, but why? How does the NBA benefit from it?

Wut? You are definitely underrating T-Mac by calling him just a good player. Dude was a beast for 7-8 years till his back gave out. Could he have been better? Sure But 25 6+ and 5+ for 7-8 years is better than good. Edit: also about 1.5 steals and a block

FWIW I think Simmons is Lamar Odom 2.0

Last edited:

VN Store

Back