Official Basketball Forum NBA Draft Discussion Thread

You have to be willing to learn those things though, and he showed very little signs of that while a at LSU, where he played for a relative. People have compared Simmons to Lebron for over a year, Lebron instantly made the Cavs a contender, I don't see Simmons having near that impact.

I think he will have more impact than anyone in this draft with the potential to be a superstar.... The majority of negative things said about him have proven to be false.... If he had went to duke or UK then I don't think people would question him as much... He is an elite ball handler, passer, and rebounder already.... I feel he can score as well but his ceiling will depend on how consistent his shot becomes.... He already shoots free throws as well as Ingram so it's not like his shot is completely broken.

You have to be willing to learn those things though, and he showed very little signs of that while a at LSU, where he played for a relative. People have compared Simmons to Lebron for over a year, Lebron instantly made the Cavs a contender, I don't see Simmons having near that impact.

Have you seen his workouts preparing for the draft.... He has put on 20 pounds of muscle and working out every day on his game.

Reactions: 1 person

Lebron is a once in a lifetime pick. Nobody in this draft is Lebron.

Reactions: 3 people
ESPN writer just reported that sixers told Simmons he will be the first pick in the draft.... Time to get ready to buy all my kids Ben Simmons gear.

You might wanna wait until the season is starting...2014's #1 got traded during the summer.

Have you seen his workouts preparing for the draft.... He has put on 20 pounds of muscle and working out every day on his game.

His body isn't what I question, if you think he'll have a similar impact as Lebron then go for it, however you also were telling us all 2-3 years ago about the great direction the sixers were headed.

His body isn't what I question, if you think he'll have a similar impact as Lebron then go for it, however you also were telling us all 2-3 years ago about the great direction the sixers were headed.

Do you not think they are heading in a great direction? I never compared him to Lebron although he does have some of the kings same characteristics.....I do think he has the potential to be a superstar in this league.... I feel bad for Hinkie.... We owe that man everything..... Trust the process!

Do you not think they are heading in a great direction? I never compared him to Lebron although he does have some of the kings same characteristics.....I do think he has the potential to be a superstar in this league.... I feel bad for Hinkie.... We owe that man everything..... Trust the process!

A great direction? Lol, no.

You're clearly biased, and that's ok, but my guess is you'll be saying the same things 3 years from now as you were 3 years ago.

A great direction? Lol, no.

You're clearly biased, and that's ok, but my guess is you'll be saying the same things 3 years from now as you were 3 years ago.

nope usually I am very negative as you see during college basketball season. I don't trust the colangelo's to make the correct moves going forward but I did agree with almost every move Hinkie made...very smart man.

nope usually I am very negative as you see during college basketball season. I don't trust the colangelo's to make the correct moves going forward but I did agree with almost every move Hinkie made...very smart man.

You realize he's no longer in charge, right?

You realize he's no longer in charge, right?

Yeah and Im not happy about it but he made several great moves to get us in this position and still have the Lakers pick coming and the kings(unprotected the year after cousins leaves) pick in a couple of seasons. He deserves a lot of thanks from sixers fans.

That's certainly up for debate :)

I know most fans aren't patient enough but he brought us a lot of talent, no salary cap and we have great flexibility for the future. Picked up future Lakers first round pick plus the kings first round pick as well as our own back from the magic. I was so tired of GM's running around spending money on broken down vets that was barely good enough to get us in the running for 8th in the eastern conference. The man had a plan and stuck to his guns.

Joel Embiid was just cleared to start scrimmaging with the team. Its a good to be a sixer although those are far and few between.

I remember a lot of people saying Wiggins would be the next LBJ. If Simmons can get his head right and mature some then he will be the closest to Lebron and Magic's skill set than anyone else. He has the potential to be every bit that good. The 76ers are going to have to build around him though, which they already have some great young pieces. They need to trade one of their bigs for a decent pg. Maybe get Jeff Teague for Noel or something similar.

He didn't really try at LSU, but yet again look what coach he was playing for. Even with him not trying he put up some of the most impressive stats since KD.

I know most fans aren't patient enough but he brought us a lot of talent, no salary cap and we have great flexibility for the future. Picked up future Lakers first round pick plus the kings first round pick as well as our own back from the magic. I was so tired of GM's running around spending money on broken down vets that was barely good enough to get us in the running for 8th in the eastern conference. The man had a plan and stuck to his guns.

This. It is proven that you either need a superstar or Coach Pop to win a tittle, and even he needed Duncan. With the 76ers being so terrible and tanking the odds were they'd eventually draft a superstar. They got Okafor last year and now Simmons this year. If the team can stay together and they can get a half way decent pg the future is bright. It would have been nasty if they would have had the first last year too and got KAT. Simmons and KAT would be a hell of a combo!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJckDIpSPQ[/youtube]

lmao at Russell

This. It is proven that you either need a superstar or Coach Pop to win a tittle, and even he needed Duncan. With the 76ers being so terrible and tanking the odds were they'd eventually draft a superstar. They got Okafor last year and now Simmons this year. If the team can stay together and they can get a half way decent pg the future is bright. It would have been nasty if they would have had the first last year too and got KAT. Simmons and KAT would be a hell of a combo!

Yeah people just saw it as just tanking but he cut all the salary and gathered tons of future assets as well. The man didn't really make a bad deal that I saw of course that could prove to be wrong in the future as we see everyone develop over time.

The aixers are definitely in a good direction. Look at the talent on that team, it will take time, but the sixers will be contenders soon.

VN Store

Back