Official 2016 Summer Baseball Thread

Normally you're out about a year from competition. He will start a throwing program in the fall but he won't be pitching in any games this summer.

Right. I knew he wouldn't be pitching this summer. Just wanted to know the latest about him since his injury. I know that I mentioned him not being on any of the summer league teams but I wasn't think right when I asked that. No way he would be ready to pitch this summer. Thanks!

I'm guessing it's not possible to watch any of these summer league games online?

DCam got a double and a run last night night, sitting at .333 after two games...Daniel Neal went 0/5...Forest City got rained out...Richard Jackson hasn't made an appearance for Jamestown thru two games...The Portland Pickles and Sean Skelly play their first game tonight.

I'm guessing it's not possible to watch any of these summer league games online?

There will be some though it's a little tougher this year. For instance, in the past we had guys in Alaska on the Matsu Miners and both home and away games got streamed, but the only players in Alaska this year are on the Bucs and they don't have a video stream, and the only other team in Alaska that had a video stream were the Goldpanners but they aren't in the league this year...so the only time there will be video is when the Bucs play the Miners through the Miners site...The good news is that because there are only 5 teams in the league the Bucs and Miners will play each other 12 times...

Saturday June 11...11 PM

Thursday June 16...11 PM

Sunday June 26...6 PM

Wednesday June 29th...11 PM

Friday July 1...11 PM

Saturday July 2...11 PM

Sunday July 3...6 PM

Friday July 8th...11 PM

Friday July 15th...11 PM

Saturday July 16th...11 PM

Tuesday July 25th...10 PM

Wednesday July 26...10 PM

Thursday July 27...10 PM

The Cape Cod teams usually have live streams for home games, Brewster has been unreliable in the past where Orleans has been pretty good, we'll find out about Brewster quickly because they play Orleans at home first game of the summer.

We have players in some new places this summer so I'll have do some checking, but as of now, other than the Cape and Alaska it looks like an audio stream kind of summer.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Sean Skelly ‏@seanjskelly44 1h1 hour ago

Sean Skelly Retweeted Nicholas Moen
Thank you! Glad to be out here.

Nicholas Moen @nicholas_moen

@seanjskelly44 Good luck this weekend on the road for the Pickles! Great having an SEC guy here in the Pacific Northwest! ⚾️
0 retweets 3 likes

MHC Marlins ‏@mhcmarlins 43m43 minutes ago
SEA FULL OF FISH! MHC puts Marlins at 1st, 2nd and 3rd in bottom 9th as @D_Cam7 (Dominick Cammarara) is plunked to load the bases. 4-3 HS.

Picks up where he left off, lead the CPL in HBP last season.

Last edited:
Cammarata went 0/3 with a walk, Daniel Neal didn't play....Vasquez has yet to pitch for Forest City....Skelly did not play in the Portland Pickle's debut....Richard Jackson has not pitched for Jamestown.

Today's Games...Times Eastern

Forest City Owls (Daniel Vasquez) vs. High Point Thomasville - 7:05 PM - Coastal Plain League: The Nation's Hottest Summer Collegiate Baseball League

Forehead City Marlins (DCam, Daniel Neal) vs. Wilson Tobs - 7:05 PM - Coastal Plain League: The Nation's Hottest Summer Collegiate Baseball League

Ventura Halos (Quint Robinson, Matt Waldren) vs. SoCal Halos - 8 PM - VenturaHalos is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audi...

Dodge City A's (Leno Ramirez) vs. SW Oklahoma Shockers - 8 PM - http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecast/baseball/scorecast.html?c=1763F92630

Portland Pickles (Sean Skelly) vs. Medford - 10:05 PM - Pickles Baseball

All audio streams

GBO!!!

Jacob Westphal has been officially added to the Brewster Whitecaps Roster. The Whitecaps have 19 players currently in the NCAA Tournament.

Skelly was 1/5 with a run and 3 K's...

GBO!!!

That's the good news on a brief rundown.

SmooveHunnit ‏@BKHJr16 15h15 hours ago
Alaska is beautiful

Looks like Bryant Harris is in Alaska...also looks like he's going to Northwest Florida State College next year. OT called this one.

SmooveHunnit ‏@BKHJr16 15h15 hours ago
Alaska is beautiful

Looks like Bryant Harris is in Alaska...also looks like he's going to Northwest Florida State College next year. OT called this one.

Its raining here so its not all that beautiful today

Eric Freeman will not play summer ball, instead he will have an internship this summer.

Daniel Vasquez: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K...in relief...Forest City Beats Gastonia 7-1.

He got in trouble in the 8th, bases loaded with 1 out, but induced a double play, then pitched a clean 9th.

Sean Skelly gets the start for Portland tonight...Pickles Baseball

Reactions: 1 person
Daniel Vasquez: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K...in relief...Forest City Beats Gastonia 7-1.

He got in trouble in the 8th, bases loaded with 1 out, but induced a double play, then pitched a clean 9th.

Sean Skelly gets the start for Portland tonight...Pickles Baseball

The Pickles logo is great.

The Pickles logo is great.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get me a hat one of these days...my bucket list #1 would be to go to all these leagues in one summer, don't know that I'll ever pull it off though.

Skelly: 1-0, 1-1, foul 1-2, Tennessee getting some love, cracked bat hit to SS, out at 1B...0-3 on the night so far...there goes $100 bucks Sean.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get me a hat one of these days...my bucket list #1 would be to go to all these leagues in one summer, don't know that I'll ever pull it off though.

That would be a hell of a road trip, you would see a lot of great areas. There are 3 teams in my area in the California league and I will make it to at least two of the teams games. The Walnut Creek Crawdads play just a few miles from me and the Healdsburg Prune Packers play in wine country, so that is a good excuse for wine tasting.

Unfortunately Ventura does not play up here, but I make it to Santa Barbara once or twice a year, so that may work out.

That would be a hell of a road trip, you would see a lot of great areas. There are 3 teams in my area in the California league and I will make it to at least two of the teams games. The Walnut Creek Crawdads play just a few miles from me and the Healdsburg Prune Packers play in wine country, so that is a good excuse for wine tasting.

Unfortunately Ventura does not play up here, but I make it to Santa Barbara once or twice a year, so that may work out.

I just checked that out, that's kinda crazy that two teams in the same league don't play each other at all...Ventura is new to the league this year though I think.

Skelly, Top 9, Pickles trailing 7-2 w/ 1 out...0-1...0-2...K's swinging...0/4 on the night.

VN Store

Back