Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (Bball forum edition)

Would love to see Stokes go late in the first round to a good team. I'm still thinking he goes in round 2.

Sounds like Jordy isn't going to be drafted. If you're an American player projected to go late in round 2, you're probably not getting drafted. Hopefully Jordy impressed during workouts and gets a shot.

Its all a complete guess at this point, but I think the Spurs pick up JS if he lasts to the end of the 1st round. JS is very athletic for his size and crazy strong for a Bball player. Easy to forget he's only 20 years old. He already has that Spur's type of mentality about him as he always seemed to go about his business on the court. The Spurs often hit the international players so I may be all wet?

I think McRae's dribbling is what holds him back more than anything.

I went to a grizz bobcats game this year and the guards are way more skilled with the ball than he is at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think McRae's dribbling is what holds him back more than anything.

I went to a grizz bobcats game this year and the guards are way more skilled with the ball than he is at this point.

He needs to dribble less,he dribbles way to much

If Stokes ends up with the Spurs it would be a steal for them and great for Stokes to be coached under Pops and learning from Ole Man River Walk!

If Stokes ends up with the Spurs it would be a steal for them and great for Stokes to be coached under Pops and learning from Ole Man River Walk!
I believe Stokes landing with the Spurs would be the best case scenario for him. Pops would ease him into it all, and he would be taught by the best in the business.

"They say I have more work to do,not done yet!"
On Jordan mcraes Facebook page

Doesn't sound promising that he will be drafted

Not going to be popular and I love me some Jordy, but I don't see him getting drafted. I see him getting a chance to make a team but ultimately endind up overseas. Ball handling and D are bad for a NBA 2 guard. Hopefully he can work on them overseas and make the league in 2 or 3 years. Fwiw I'd gladly play overseas and make a ton of money.

Not going to be popular and I love me some Jordy, but I don't see him getting drafted. I see him getting a chance to make a team but ultimately endind up overseas. Ball handling and D are bad for a NBA 2 guard. Hopefully he can work on them overseas and make the league in 2 or 3 years. Fwiw I'd gladly play overseas and make a ton of money.
How many players actually make the whole "play overseas till they get good enough for the NBA" work? If his D/Handles aren't good enough now theres only so much he can do to get better. He's almost optimized those areas.

How many players actually make the whole "play overseas till they get good enough for the NBA" work? If his D/Handles aren't good enough now theres only so much he can do to get better. He's almost optimized those areas.

Hence the word hopefully. He can be taught better defensive techniques, form, and positioning. Plus being forced overseas may bring out the most important part in defending, desire...you have to want to defend. His handles can be improved as well, he dribbles a little wild and far from his body sometimes. I don't want to make this some Zo debate, but we don't know what he got coached up on. Kids can improve after college.

I don't keep track of NBA, so this is a genuine question: how many players do spend time playing overseas and then make an NBA roster with significant playing time? Does it ever really happen?

--Significant meaning that if fans are in a bar and trying to name all the players on a team from several years ago, they remember this person.

I don't think he'll ever get significant PT, even if he does make the transition. Which is very rare, which is why I said hopefully. To answer your question off the top of my head, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, and Danny Green are the only 3 i can think of.

Not going to be popular and I love me some Jordy, but I don't see him getting drafted. I see him getting a chance to make a team but ultimately endind up overseas. Ball handling and D are bad for a NBA 2 guard.

Agree. Also, I think Stokes going anytime before the 30th pick will be a big surprise.

Chad Ford's 2-round mock has McRae going as the 48th pick to the Milwaukee Bucks

The Tennessee product doesn't necessarily do any one thing great, but he's a jack-of-all-trades who can help Milwaukee immediately.

VN Store

Back