Official 2014 Attrition/Transfer Thread

Having it all in one spot would dictate that one must notify all posters of knowledge to repost everything rumor they know of these rumors. Or, one person seeking the meaning of life from the VN posse could just search the rumor mill (threads). Obviously, 99% of the rumors here are not true.

Again, you're just taking what I said and just putting your opinion in. Look at the evolution of football, In the early days, players played with broken legs. Players would lose significant amount of blood during the game. Now a days, a player is like "damn I got turf toe" I'm out 4 weeks.

Or "now a days" - "So what I only have no ACL in that knee - I will keep playing............"

Reactions: 1 person
Malone went to school with my kid and he comes to the SCHS games from time to time. A friend of his said he is injured and is slow on the field at this time. If you know Josh, he doesn't talk much or care about social media. He is a great kid!

Wow...maybe the smartest kid on the team because of that alone!

Reactions: 2 people
If Scott leaves I'm fine but I think Hendrix is a guy who can be great here and we need him. Kamara comes in next year to have a Hurd and Kamara tandem plus Love and Reid at RB. We will maybe add another if possible. Need RB depth for next year

Two pages already and no news/updates. What have I started?

Nothing but trouble. I would suggest PMing a mod and asking them to take this thread down for good..

If you read other threads in this and the recruiting forum you will know what you have asked, but to start a thread with such worthless info is a bad idea.
Take it down...........

Again, you're just taking what I said and just putting your opinion in. Look at the evolution of football, In the early days, players played with broken legs. Players would lose significant amount of blood during the game. Now a days, a player is like "damn I got turf toe" I'm out 4 weeks.

You ever had turf toe? Try running your best 40 time 2 weeks later and see what happens.

Remember...he got his "bell rung". Wished I could.

GO VOLS!

You ever had turf toe? Try running your best 40 time 2 weeks later and see what happens.

Turf toe? He ran out of his leg braces on the field. He scored 4 TD's in that single game too. It was the city championship. He was an all-city fullback.

Nothing but trouble. I would suggest PMing a mod and asking them to take this thread down for good..

If you read other threads in this and the recruiting forum you will know what you have asked, but to start a thread with such worthless info is a bad idea.
Take it down...........

I agree! Some recruits, recruits' friends and of course trolls read some of the threads created on this site. Doesn't look good when you have this kind of crap centralized. Whether any of this is true or not, trolls will run with it and pass it on to other recruits that might be considering Tennessee.

I wasn't really blasting the players, just putting the truth out there. I've noticed on any level of football, football isn't what it really used to be. It's changed for the worse IMO. I played from the time I was 6 years old all the way through my senior year of high school and it's just changed. It seems that football used to be more a knockdown drag out sport a while ago compared to now. Some players just don't seem into it like we used to be into it. We lived and breathed this stuff 24/7 365. Now I see players in the NFL complaining about hits and players in college who give their all for a little while and then flake out, or go out and get in trouble, and high school players now, well you got a few that are there 100 percent, then you got those guys that just do it to get recognized for wearing a jersey. The way I've always looked at it, especially during my playing days, unless you absolutely can't go, then you don't need to be out there. It cracks me up to see players go down with a turf toe, or a strained arm.

To your point... the game has changed. It has definitely changed for the better overall. I remember playing in high school in Virginia and our coach would load us up with salt tablets for 2 a days and then restrict water breaks because in his mind "it makes you soft!" When I moved to NC for my final 2 years we had a much more progressive coaching staff that employed more modern training and precautionary efforts that actually included water breaks LOL. Surprisingly it didn't make me soft, it allowed me to perform at a higher level and recover faster. Now.... When I played in college, which methods do you suppose where employed? That's right! it was the more proactive approach that led to faster recovery rates and allowed us to become the maximum athlete that we could become. BTW, I never was a great college player. That was my ceiling but my training partner had a ten year pro career as running back with the Atlanta Falcons and the linebacker I backed up had a 7 year pro career with the KC Chiefs. I say these things to point out the fact that the "rub some dirt on it" schtick is about 25+ years played out by now. The game is different, the players are different, and they would steamroll, run over and run around any of us older guys. I can't even imagine the speed and impact that today's players have to deal with. And not to knock your your HS career as a player, the speed of the college game is beyond your comprehension if you haven't been on the field playing at that pace. That's not even meant to be a sleight, just a statement of reality. It is also the reason why freshman go through these difficult times because it is a HUGE adjustment. Not to mention the adjustment to college and the extreme microscope that they all live under. I would encourage all of you to cut these kids some slack because unless you have been through it, you don't understand it.

I don't post often, but felt that I should respond to this.

Reactions: 17 people
Hurd will likely transfer to UGA according to my sources.
#insider

Dang Catbone, some VN genius will read that, go to work tomorrow and repeat it like he Hurd it straight from Jalen's lips. Then whoever he tells will put it out on twitter and it will be trending in 30 minutes and theN ESPN will be talking about the rumor the JH IS LEAVING. You are just stiring the pot again my friend. LOL.

I've heard a few different things about some current VOLS, and I don't have a great place to get info. Please post if you have any additional info.

1. Hendrix - Heard he cleared out his locker (don't know why) but his teammates (Barnett and Mosely) are trying to talk some sense in him.
2. D. Scott - Broke his hand in the circle of life drill and is upset with the coaches for it.
3. Joe Henderson - Looking to transfer (not sure why)
4. Josh Malone - No real news, but a few are worried.

Before you flame, please know these are only rumors I've heard, and my hope is that they aren't true (often times they aren't!). In fact, I've heard great things about the character of Malone and Hendrix especially. I simply want a better place to find information on the subject. My hope is that we take care of our current VOLS and help them be successful under a coach that really cares about them.

On a side note, who can summarize what off-season attrition does for our scholarship limits (25 and 85).

Thanks,
PB

I wouldn't be suprised if Nathan Peterman transfers to an FCS school when the season is over with seeing how Josh Dobbs has nailed down the position.

I really hope we don't lose Hendrix. The ceiling on what our D-Line could be in the coming years is Sky High.

:good!:
Not sure about the answer for the scholarship question, but let me say this. A broken hand is sometimes a freak accident and there is no reason to put the blame on the coaches. These other guys just sound like their hearts aren't in it anymore, and well quite frankly, if your heart isn't in it, pack your **** and get the **** out!!! This team doesn't need that sissy ass bs, they need warriors that will leave it out on the field every game.

I wasn't really blasting the players, just putting the truth out there. I've noticed on any level of football, football isn't what it really used to be. It's changed for the worse IMO. I played from the time I was 6 years old all the way through my senior year of high school and it's just changed. It seems that football used to be more a knockdown drag out sport a while ago compared to now. Some players just don't seem into it like we used to be into it. We lived and breathed this stuff 24/7 365. Now I see players in the NFL complaining about hits and players in college who give their all for a little while and then flake out, or go out and get in trouble, and high school players now, well you got a few that are there 100 percent, then you got those guys that just do it to get recognized for wearing a jersey. The way I've always looked at it, especially during my playing days, unless you absolutely can't go, then you don't need to be out there. It cracks me up to see players go down with a turf toe, or a strained arm.

pizza delivery guys everywhere agree!

Genetics play a huge role in the size of today's players... They will only get bigger..

pizza delivery guys everywhere agree!

I still remember RL saying cut the damn finger off so he could get back in a NFL game.

Some people are tougher than others.

A lot of *****es in today's society.

VN Store

Back