OC by end of week!

I think Coach Mahoney is kind of a weak-link personally. Even when he had Pro-caliber OL, they seriously underperformed.

The players and newly recruited all star O line have a lot of faith and respect in him. They must know something we don't.

CBJ is not gonna announce OC today, imo. Probably not tomorrow either. This is the incoming recruits time to be in the spot light. It would take away from their moment to announce this so soon. It can wait until Friday or later for the OC announcement. Go Vols, and go CBJ!

Reactions: 1 person
Mueller PM'd me and said it's Mike Sanford.
The real question is....did you check his stats, first?

tumblr_nhmfwjV15l1smmsbuo4_400.gif

Why all of the impatience? A little more time to do it right will not hurt a thing except keeping some of the more emotional VNers from peeing in their pants.
This 100% It didn't hurt recruiting at all and Butch made clear that the system won't be changed so I am fine with Butch taking his time.

You can do it fast or right

I hope it is Debord. The one piece this offense needs fixed is the Oline, I think that will get fixed for sure if he is the choice. Him and Azzani will be fine as Co OC and I think that is probably the best bet to keep the rest of the offensive staff intact. Azzani sticks around pads his resume and learns a bit, offensive staff stays intact. I know that's not the sizzle that people have hoped for but I do believe consistency is a strong, strong thing for us to be successful.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok guys lookin for some help here then a couple of things that's strictly my opinion and open for discussion, 1st off I saw somewhere the other day where someone had posted a twitter account name associated with Debord. If any body knows where to find that in which thread?

2nd of all if, and that's a IF Debord is hired and is working with UT in some compacity such as say OL under Mahoney or like mentoring him say and helping in general with all aspects of our "O" I'd be all for it. He used to actually be good with developing talent.

3rd thing is I just don't see CBJ going without a QB coach. Especially with 3 scholarship freshman and a walk on. I don't think he'd leave that in the hands of a grad assistant like some have suggested. Plus Dobbs needs coaching to by a coach not a assistant that was playin last year or the year before that.

I hope it is Debord. The one piece this offense needs fixed is the Oline, I think that will get fixed for sure if he is the choice. Him and Azzani will be fine as Co OC and I think that is probably the best bet to keep the rest of the offensive staff intact. Azzani sticks around pads his resume and learns a bit, offensive staff stays intact. I know that's not the sizzle that people have hoped for but I do believe consistency is a strong, strong thing for us to be successful.

My thing is if the OL needs to be fixed and it does then why not just get rid of Mahoney and get a OL period. Why hire a OC/OL coach to give Mahoney help ? If your going to hire Debord as OC then hire him as a OC and go find a OL coach and get rid of Mahoney.
If BJ knows Mahoney is a weakness then why just hire help for him ? fire him period. If OL has the same struggles this year, its going to look like Mahoney and Debord are inept.

I agree. It might be a blessing in disguise if it is Debord. But I sure would like to see someone like the TCU OC or Sanford. With that being said, I hope some of the fragile Vol fans don't lose their minds and go full retard if it is Debord. CBJ knows what he is doing. If he thinks Debord is the man, I'm definitely gonna give him a chance as a fan. Its unfair to judge an OC before you get to see the product and quality he puts out on the field of play. I know some will say he hasn't been in football for a few years, so he has lost touch or is behind the times. Sometimes that is the spare time you need as a coach to regroup and perfect systems.

I agree. It might be a blessing in disguise if it is Debord. But I sure would like to see someone like the TCU OC or Sanford. With that being said, I hope some of the fragile Vol fans don't lose their minds and go full retard if it is Debord. CBJ knows what he is doing. If he thinks Debord is the man, I'm definitely gonna give him a chance as a fan. Its unfair to judge an OC before you get to see the product and quality he puts out on the field of play. I know some will say he hasn't been in football for a few years, so he has lost touch or is behind the times. Sometimes that is the spare time you need as a coach to regroup and perfect systems.

Oh, they'll be some lose their minds.

VN Store

Back