OC by end of week!

The only thing that really worries me about DeBoard is that the type of offense they ran at Michigan is vastly different than what UT runs. Plus him being out of coaching just how much has he kept up with the times and the new things that are in. Coach Z stating basically that he is not going to CMU leads me to believe he got a promotion of some capacity. I think he would be a great find and keep the BOOM factor going.

I'm beginning to think that all of the others coaches getting interviewed was made up. Besides Debord there has not been confirmation that another single coach has been interviewed. Many names that were floated out there have said they were not.

Yes. I guess what I ought to have said was that we ran for alot more yards on the ground against cupcakes and that is what skewed the numbers, at least as it pertains to yards per carry.

The overall yards per carry against SEC teams was still the same as it was in 2012, however. That stat matters much more to me than what happened in the cupcake games.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that. However, even if we say that there was no noticeable improvement in the run game between '12 and '13 I would again point out that the lack of a legitimate passing game in '13 made it much more difficult to run than it should have been in '12 when we had a lethal passing game. And in '12 we also had CP who could really stretch the field for the running game whenever he went in motion.

Maybe some of yall need to read up on Nick Sheridan Nick Sheridan Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Butch knows exactly what he is doing Nick will do a fine job coaching the QB's and DeBord will have the offense down by the spring...who knows he has probably spent the last week learning the offense and will be ready to go by spring...going to be exciting times for UT football

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe some of yall need to read up on Nick Sheridan Nick Sheridan Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Butch knows exactly what he is doing Nick will do a fine job coaching the QB's and DeBord will have the offense down by the spring...who knows he has probably spent the last week learning the offense and will be ready to go by spring...going to be exciting times for UT football

I think Sheridan has a nice looking résumé for QB coach and think he would be a great hire. I'm just curious as to who the odd man out is if he's named to that position.

I think Sheridan has a nice looking résumé for QB coach and think he would be a great hire. I'm just curious as to who the odd man out is if he's named to that position.

Mike Bajakian will be when he sees what this offense does next year and he's looking for a job because Lovie Smith got fired.

Mike Bajakian will be when he sees what this offense does next year and he's looking for a job because Lovie Smith got fired.

I'm talking about on UT staff. Debord is OC, I don't know how they can name Sheridan QB coach too if all they lose is Bajakian.

As for the offense, I think more downhill running + more talent + experience will = significant offensive improvement. I hope Bajakian lands on his feet and does well in the pros.

VN Store

Back