OC by end of week!

I think that we at least owe Butch the benefit of doubt no matter who it is.

He has delivered on all other fronts as far as I'm concerned at this time.

I think Coach Mahoney is kind of a weak-link personally. Even when he had Pro-caliber OL, they seriously underperformed.

Reactions: 2 people
Why all of the impatience? A little more time to do it right will not hurt a thing except keeping some of the more emotional VNers from peeing in their pants.

For some reason I have a gut feeling it's going to be UNC's Gunter Brewer. I don't know why, he just feels like a Butch Jones type coach. He has a great resume. Imagine what he could with the talent we have at WR!

Looks like everyone assumes Butch has already made a decision. Maybe he hasn't. Maybe he's deciding between two or more candidates and they (AD) plan to sit down and decide some time this week? Could even be " here's who we want. We will offer him first and if we come to terms then we have an OC. Then if not move down the list. Anyway just throwing it out there.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that we at least owe Butch the benefit of doubt no matter who it is.

He has delivered on all other fronts as far as I'm concerned at this time.

No, no benefit of the doubt until UT 3peats as NC...Then, I will allow CBJ free rein to do his job. Until then, I call the shots.

Reactions: 5 people
Butch is playing hard and tough in a process that gets hard on some young men and also coaches. We get excited about our commits and who we beat out for them, but there are many that would give their right arm for a UT football scholarship offer and would sign in a minute. Butch also knows that the commits aren't in the fold until they sign a LOI and somebody is just waiting to steal them for you. I am amazed at how well he does the things that makes for a winning program.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Butch is just taking his time and trying to do this process the right way (i.e. not rushing and hiring someone just because). I think he wants to find the right fit for this team and someone he can work with.

Honestly, and again it's just my gut, but I think the whole thing with DeBord has just been a case of the media jumping the gun because the only person who knows what's going on is Butch and presumably Hart. I think DeBord was probably here more as a resource for Butch to help figure out who to hire. I think he had DeBord meet with some of the guys to try and do a little self scouting...an outsiders perspective on where guys like Dobbs and North are at. You don't bring in a candidate and allow him to meet your team if you're interviewing other candidates.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back