Number 4 QB

Peterman can run, but he cannot hold on to the ball with a broken bone in his hand.

Which came about due to the O-Line being taught to stand completely still instead of protecting the QB. I guess Butch realized how stupid that little trick was.

Perhaps the problem is that you think Mel Kiper knows what he's talking about.

Jamarcus Russell
Jimmy Clausen
Ryan Leaf

Mel liked them a lot too.

Mel Kiper is an arrogant b.....d. It is the likes of him and others similar to him at E$PN that have basically ruined the talking heads portion of that network. Give me Fox Sports anyday.

Reactions: 1 person
Nathan Peterman is #4 on Mel Kiper's board. Is this definite proof that our coaching staff absolutely needed a QB coach? Has this been our hold up?

So, you are basing our coaching needs solely on the opinion of Kiper, the standard of definite proof.

Gimme a S
Gimme a T
Gimme a U
Gimme a P

Nathan Peterman is #4 on Mel Kiper's board. Is this definite proof that our coaching staff absolutely needed a QB coach? Has this been our hold up?
What's more important was what WASN"T holding up...the OL. that's why our QBs were under seige every snap. With that likely a past enigma, I guess our QB coaching will appear to be much more improved than has been felt needed. Peterman was fine at Pitt because he had time to keep it together. This is the SEC. Look for Dobbs to outshine him on Sundays.

So much for Bray as the backup in KC. The Chiefs gave up their 1st next year to get Mahomes. It's a reach, but management and coaches will want to give him every chance to show that they weren't stupid to pick him.

Not sure this Mahomes kid has what it takes. He has a good arm, but Bray does too.
Mahomes could be a problem child off of the field. He could be one that needs to have a simple play book because he can't learn the whole playbook, (example: Vince Young)
Bray hasn't lost anything yet........ I thought he would be off the team as the odd man out when they drafted Aaron Murray but Bray survived that.

Reactions: 3 people
As tight as the QB market is, Bray may get his chance somewhere else.

Next 2-3 years most of the pro-bowl QBs will retire (Rothlisberger, Brees, Rivers, E. Manning, perhaps Brady, maybe even Rodgers plus mid-tier and below like Palmer, Alex Smith, Cutler, Fitz, Bradford. Plus those that aren't making it such as RGIII, maybe Bortles, Osweiller, maybe Dalton and of course krapperlips from frisco.

I'm hoping TB winds up in Denver!

;-)

Tennesseeduke

Not sure this Mahomes kid has what it takes. He has a good arm, but Bray does too.
Mahomes could be a problem child off of the field. He could be one that needs to have a simple play book because he can't learn the whole playbook, (example: Vince Young)
Bray hasn't lost anything yet........ I thought he would be off the team as the odd man out when they drafted Aaron Murray but Bray survived that.

Simple play book? lol

This is truth

No its not. He also got chance against Alabama next year after Worley was hurt. His feet were well wet at that point. He went in before Dobbs and was replaced after not being able to keep up with speed.

The thing is his learning curve was a little bigger and he grew up in the QB role well at Pittsburg.

jim chaney, ex-UT off. coordinator under Dooley had a hand in developing Peterman and helping in his transfer. Most vol fans already know when it comes to sunday football that Dobbs will likely play well. Dobbs is a better QB than Peterman and that's an established fact.

Last edited:
What's more important was what WASN"T holding up...the OL. that's why our QBs were under seige every snap. With that likely a past enigma, I guess our QB coaching will appear to be much more improved than has been felt needed. Peterman was fine at Pitt because he had time to keep it together. This is the SEC. Look for Dobbs to outshine him on Sundays.

I do agree with you on our line that year, but I'm not just talking about Peterman or that year. Just overall in general the struggles we have had at QB. Oh! By the way, I'm not a fan of Mel Kiper and never said I agree with him, but some must listen to him, look how long he has been doing it.

No its not. He also got chance against Alabama next year after Worley was hurt. His feet were well wet at that point. He went in before Dobbs and was replaced after not being able to keep up with speed.

The thing is his learning curve was a little bigger and he grew up in the QB role well at Pittsburg.
Against Alabama, Peterman was in for 2 series, 9 plays, gained 30 yards, and had 2 first downs. Then, he was pulled. He never had a chance to get his feet wet against lesser competition first, in order to get his confidence up.

Reactions: 2 people
Against Alabama, Peterman was in for 2 series, 9 plays, gained 30 yards, and had 2 first downs. Then, he was pulled. He never had a chance to get his feet wet against lesser competition first, in order to get his confidence up.

And neither did Dobbs before he was put into the Alabama game - your point??

Look at the freshman's that started for teams last year. Some of them played in a high profile against a good team the very first game.

Peterman wasn't ready and lost his job to Dobbs. End of story.

And neither did Dobbs before he was put into the Alabama game - your point??

Look at the freshman's that started for teams last year. Some of them played in a high profile against a good team the very first game.

Peterman wasn't ready and lost his job to Dobbs. End of story.
He lost his job because we needed a scrambler due to our poor o-line play. That doesn't make Peterman a bad qb. No passing qb would have flourished with that team. I'm sure some with more experience would have done better.

Unless folks have led a sheltered life I bet everyone of us could relate to being thrown into something that we were not completely ready to handle. That is how you learn and grow.

If you are lucky you don't have someone who is able to step in and take over that will have the dedication, desire and talent to do what you couldn't.

Peterman got 2 chances as Tennessee was trying to redshirt Dobbs. In both of those situations, Dobb's redshirt was pulled and he became the go to next in line QB.

And rather than try to win his way back into the position - Peterman left. Maybe he realized this wasn't the place for him and that the SEC was just too fast.

Unless folks have led a sheltered life I bet everyone of us could relate to being thrown into something that we were not completely ready to handle. That is how you learn and grow.

If you are lucky you don't have someone who is able to step in and take over that will have the dedication, desire and talent to do what you couldn't.

Peterman got 2 chances as Tennessee was trying to redshirt Dobbs. In both of those situations, Dobb's redshirt was pulled and he became the go to next in line QB.

And rather than try to win his way back into the position - Peterman left. Maybe he realized this wasn't the place for him and that the SEC was just too fast.
With very little experience, maybe true, but Clemson wasn't too fast for him with some experience. Remind me again........who was the only team to beat Clemson?

Reactions: 4 people
With very little experience, maybe true, but Clemson wasn't too fast for him with some experience. Remind me again........who was the only team to beat Clemson?

You seem to be bent on proving that Peterman was done wrong or something. Are you related to him?

You seem to be bent on proving that Peterman was done wrong or something. Are you related to him?
Nope. Just tired of people bashing him.

Clemson gave up more than one TD pass to only 2 qb's this year. They gave up 13 td's passing in 15 games. One opposing qb threw 2, and one threw 5. Nobody else had more than one TD pass. Guess who threw 5?

Guess which team scored more points on Clemson this year than Ohio St, Syracuse, S.C. State, Ga.Tech, South Carolina, Boston College, and Auburn combined. More than 7 teams combined.

I guess the SEC wasn't too fast for him after getting some reps and coaching.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back