Number 4 QB

The players have to execute for Butch Jones to succeed, so it is a joint effort, even though most want to put it solely on Butch. (I am not a Butch Jones superfan but I support him until he isn't the coach any more.

of course they have to execute, and players make mistakes. i'm not going to sit here and blame every turnover, penalty , dropped pass, or missed tackle on CBJ.

but when you get in to the circumstances of situational football, and your decisions in those situations affect the outcome of the game, that's on the coach.

i will blame going for 1 instead of 2, allowing your DC to play that ridiculous coverage on 4th and 16, the play calling in 2 min and 4 min offense in general, the sideline penalties (substitution infractions), clock management issues, mismanagement of time outs etc...on the coach. he's the guy making those decisions.

and there's plenty of that in the record books to point to.

of course they have to execute, and players make mistakes. i'm not going to sit here and blame every turnover, penalty , dropped pass, or missed tackle on CBJ.

but when you get in to the circumstances of situational football, and your decisions in those situations affect the outcome of the game, that's on the coach.

i will blame going for 1 instead of 2, allowing your DC to play that ridiculous coverage on 4th and 16, the play calling in 2 min and 4 min offense in general, the sideline penalties (substitution infractions), clock management issues, mismanagement of time outs etc...on the coach. he's the guy making those decisions.

and there's plenty of that in the record books to point to.

Shotgun formation 8 yards deep, on 3rd and goal, from the 6 inch line?

:thud:

That's another thing Dobbs was not good at. He barely ever audibled.

When the call is give, keep or pass(with route options based on the coverage they show), what is there to audible? Read the defense and take what they give.

It was easy to tell when there were called handoffs rather than the option aspect of our offense.

If on third and 8 your 1st read is stand up and throw it to your WR that just stood up, skip it and go to a WR that runs a route past the sticks. The 1st half I understand, they could be setting up the deep ball for the 2nd half(I don't like set up plays, just run a play that you expect to gain the yards needed).

When the call is give, keep or pass(with route options based on the coverage they show), what is there to audible? Read the defense and take what they give.

It was easy to tell when there were called handoffs rather than the option aspect of our offense.

If on third and 8 your 1st read is stand up and throw it to your WR that just stood up, skip it and go to a WR that runs a route past the sticks. The 1st half I understand, they could be setting up the deep ball for the 2nd half(I don't like set up plays, just run a play that you expect to gain the yards needed).

I very much agree with your last sentence. The perfect way to set something else up is to execute the run or short passing game.
What I mean by he didn't audible is if there was an obvious blitz and we call a run, then he would run right into the blitz.

The players have to execute for Butch Jones to succeed, so it is a joint effort, even though most want to put it solely on Butch. (I am not a Butch Jones superfan but I support him until he isn't the coach any more.

He recruits, retains, and develops said players.

If they are not performing I'm not sure where else you look for the problem. Either his recruiting is not what it seems or he has issues with the other 2.

VN Store

Back