Number 4 QB

Both true and correct. That's where the hype conservatism shows. Our offensive identity is to go fast and furious. We built our team around it. When we try to be over conservative, it often ends up in 3 and outs because our squads we're not built for Stanford football.

And if Tennessee kept at the fast and furious pace and went 3 and out or made a mistake and lost the game, you would be complaining because they did not milk the clock by taking their time.

And if Tennessee kept at the fast and furious pace and went 3 and out or made a mistake and lost the game, you would be complaining because they did not milk the clock by taking their time.

If we were built for milking the clock, then I'd get it. Trying to milk the clock with a team that is meant to be fast and furious is like a cop trying to be an accountant.

What's your point? I complain after every loss.

I'm tired of our team making so many mistakes. CBJ needs to fix that.

And injuries, CBJ needs to have fewer.

Go Vols!

Oversimplification. Peterman, for whatever reason, simply didn't have the poise to play here. Perhaps he just wasn't emotionally mature enough yet, perhaps he didn't take to the coaching or offense....whatever it was, he appeared in 9 different at Tennessee and at no point looked the part. When he got starts vs Florida and Alabama as a freshman and then a sophomore, he showed he just couldn't be effective here.

Great on him for moving on to Pitt, salvaging his career, playing some really good football and getting himself drafted. He's to be commended for doing so, it couldn't have been easy for him and I hope he sees success in the NFL.

But let's not go back and attempt revisionist history and absolve him of his part his failures at Tennessee....he was historically bad here. Just is what it is.

Bajakian

What's your point? I complain after every loss.

I'm tired of our team making so many mistakes. CBJ needs to fix that.

And injuries, CBJ needs to have fewer.

Go Vols!

My point is that there are some who need to let it go and move on. There is a difference in pointing out something when it happens and discussing the issue objectively verses continual whining and complaining.

Some purposely look for anything negative. They ignore and pretend that the good never happened or excuse away the good. They have an agenda. Their agenda is to spew negativity and try to sway the masses into the belief that the good never happened.

Those folks derail every thread with the same comments that they have been making over and over and over and over again. It serves absolutely no purpose and feeds the media that loves to troll Tennessee fans. It also divides the fan base rather than uniting them.

My point is that there are some who need to let it go and move on. There is a difference in pointing out something when it happens and discussing the issue objectively verses continual whining and complaining.

Some purposely look for anything negative. They ignore and pretend that the good never happened or excuse away the good. They have an agenda. Their agenda is to spew negativity and try to sway the masses into the belief that the good never happened.

Those folks derail every thread with the same comments that they have been making over and over and over and over again. It serves absolutely no purpose and feeds the media that loves to troll Tennessee fans. It also divides the fan base rather than uniting them.

Winning and being at expectations unites the fan base.

Peterman and Dobbs will both be bust imo both are really good character guys with some talent, but neither have enough skills to make it in the league.

Good point. The only part I disagree with is "Their agenda" part. Yes they want to spew negativity, but they aren't trying to sway anyone into anything, it's all about being negative. Some call it being realistic or telling the truth, but to dwell on the negative and to only(or close to always) post the negative goes back to misery loves company. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of reasons to be negative(every loss and why each loss happened), just as there are plenty of reasons to be positive.

I'm with you. For all the national days that exist, seems we could have a "Vol fans don't bash the Vols Day.". I don't mind fans of other team bashing and taking negative pot shots at us, that's normal, but when Loyal Vol Fans have are relentless in their negativity towards the Athletic Program as a whole, it makes coming here for news a challenge, having to weed thru all the "bash a Vol" rhetoric.

Like I said, good point.

Go Vols!

Peterman and Dobbs will both be bust imo both are really good character guys with some talent, but neither have enough skills to make it in the league.

Well that settles it then! Thanks for the fortune telling how much do I owe you Ms. Cleo?

Good point. The only part I disagree with is "Their agenda" part. Yes they want to spew negativity, but they aren't trying to sway anyone into anything, it's all about being negative. Some call it being realistic or telling the truth, but to dwell on the negative and to only(or close to always) post the negative goes back to misery loves company. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of reasons to be negative(every loss and why each loss happened), just as there are plenty of reasons to be positive.

I'm with you. For all the national days that exist, seems we could have a "Vol fans don't bash the Vols Day.". I don't mind fans of other team bashing and taking negative pot shots at us, that's normal, but when Loyal Vol Fans have are relentless in their negativity towards the Athletic Program as a whole, it makes coming here for news a challenge, having to weed thru all the "bash a Vol" rhetoric.

Like I said, good point.

Go Vols!

You are underestimating the NegaVols, They do want everyone to feel the same way they do regardless of facts!!!

You are underestimating the NegaVols, They do want everyone to feel the same way they do regardless of facts!!!

care to elaborate? for every fact you can bring to the table propping butch up, there's equal # of facts available for the other side of the coin, and fundamentally, isn't that really the issue with Butch?

Reactions: 1 person
care to elaborate? for every fact you can bring to the table propping butch up, there's equal # of facts available for the other side of the coin, and fundamentally, isn't that really the issue with Butch?

The program rests on Butch's shoulders but to say that nothing good has happen under his watch is simply a lie. I don't believe that needs elaborated...

The NegaVols do want us all to be as negative as they are, The program is still moving forward, that isn't debatable.

We are in a lot better place than we were 5 years ago (that isn't a comparision to Dooley either, it is that the situation is better under Butch than his predecessors regardless of who they were his job was to improve the program, He has!!!)

Grades are up, 3 consecutive Bowl wins against Power 5 teams, 2 straight 9 win seasons, has recruited well, Beat Florida, 2 wins straight over Georgia, players getting drafted.

Now are there negative things as well? Yes of course but the NegaVols only point to the negatives never the positives. Abd the positive things are also thanks to Butch as well as the negatives!!!

Like I have said, to say there aren't any positives is simple not factual!!!:)

The program rests on Butch's shoulders but to say that nothing good has happen under his watch is simply a lie. I don't believe that needs elaborated...

The NegaVols do want us all to be as negative as they are, The program is still moving forward, that isn't debatable.

We are in a lot better place than we were 5 years ago (that isn't a comparision to Dooley either, it is that the situation is better under Butch than his predecessors regardless of who they were his job was to improve the program, He has!!!)

Grades are up, 3 consecutive Bowl wins against Power 5 teams, 2 straight 9 win seasons, has recruited well, Beat Florida, 2 wins straight over Georgia, players getting drafted.

Now are there negative things as well? Yes of course but the NegaVols only point to the negatives never the positives. Abd the positive things are also thanks to Butch as well as the negatives!!!

Like I have said, to say there aren't any positives is simple not factual!!!:)
again, everything you listed is true. it's also true he has a losing SEC record, has yet to beat a team from the West, has lost the East 2 years in a row, .500 against Vandy and MO.

so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. no one can have a conversation about CBJ w/out acknowledging either side of the ledger, they both exist, and that's really, fundamentally, the issue.

the same guy that beats FL and GA loses to USCe and Vandy. pick which one you value more, and go with it.

but you can't tell me we're great, and i can't tell you we suck out loud.

we do both. sometimes at the same time, see FL and aTm games last year.:banghead2:

The problem I have with the "other side of the coin", it sounds so bad that who wants to call it what it is?

Propping Butch up vs Tearing Butch down.

Again why would a Loyal Vol Fan engage in tearing Butch Down?

To get those of us that are positive by nature to acknowledge all the let downs that our football team has given us over the years.

How far the negatives want to go back?

I'm ready to move on to 121 and take our chances with them. Maybe 121 can build on the good while improving on the negative.

Go Vols!

The problem I have with the "other side of the coin", it sounds so bad that who wants to call it what it is?

To get those of us that are positive by nature to acknowledge all the let downs that our football team has given us over the years.

I'm ready to move on to 121 and take our chances with them. Maybe 121 can build on the good while improving on the negative.

Go Vols!

the propping up and tearing down is a function of the debate that goes on here. it has nothing to do with, for me anyway, where, ultimately, my loyalties lie.

Go Vols!

We are fans of the Vols. We want what's best for the university, not what's the best for Butch Jones.

We are fans of the Vols. We want what's best for the university, not what's the best for Butch Jones.

though it goes w/out saying if it's good for Butch, it's likley going to be good for TN. i think in that regard, we all WANT him to do well.

whether or not we THINK he will is the crux of it.

I consider CBJ part of the Vols. To wish the best for CBJ doesn't take away from the best that could happen to the Vol.

They are in this together, the Vols and CBJ. They are the same as long as CBJ is the HC.

I've never heard of a single person becoming a Vol fan due to CBJ(not count in his family). This isn't like VFLs in the pros, root for the player, yet despise the team.

We do have family members of players on the Vols that have stated their loyalty it to the family member rather than the team or program, that makes sense.

For CBJ to fail,it takes the Vols to fail.

I consider CBJ part of the Vols. To wish the best for CBJ doesn't take away from the best that could happen to the Vol.

They are in this together, the Vols and CBJ. They are the same as long as CBJ is the HC.

I've never heard of a single person becoming a Vol fan due to CBJ(not count in his family). This isn't like VFLs in the pros, root for the player, yet despise the team.

We do have family members of players on the Vols that have stated their loyalty it to the family member rather than the team or program, that makes sense.

For CBJ to fail,it takes the Vols to fail.

that's not entirely accurate. CBJ is the head coach, it doesn't "take" the vols to fail FOR him to fail.

that's not entirely accurate. CBJ is the head coach, it doesn't "take" the vols to fail FOR him to fail.

That's true CBJ could have some off the field issue, that's has nothing to do with the team.

On the field success or failure is a combined effort, they are in the same boat.

That's true CBJ could have some off the field issue, that's has nothing to do with the team.

On the field success or failure is a combined effort, they are in the same boat.

agreed, but no one blames the cook when the ship starts to sink.

he's the captain, and ultimately responsible, either way.

agreed, but no one blames the cook when the ship starts to sink.

he's the captain, and ultimately responsible, either way.

The players have to execute for Butch Jones to succeed, so it is a joint effort, even though most want to put it solely on Butch. (I am not a Butch Jones superfan but I support him until he isn't the coach any more.

VN Store

Back