Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She did not score a pt against NC St nothing to help the team

Yeah you can tell her knee is done for. She can’t even use it to shoot, she takes a lot of her shots off one leg and that’s never good for your aim. Reminds me of Jordan Walker’s shot toward the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: djtee

1 year ago Jasmin Carson was the hottest player in college basketball at exactly the right time. Still get so much energy watching this video 😂

LSU fan or not, how can you not be hype seeing a role player go off like that in the championship?

Many here would pray our role player never get the chance… just saying

She was an incredible story leaving WVU

I think this is the right move for her. Some of these players have not seemed like they are having fun in the spotlight, and it might detract from the joy of playing. Wishing her a successful career in basketball and beyond.
Originally, I would have said she's a fool for going now because she's not game ready. But I 100% agree with you; I can see it no longer being fun. Even if she isn't the most polished player, there will still be a need for players that can rebound and defend like she can, so hopefully it works out for her.

The race thing will always be there but the hatred is one sided.
In the media yeah… I think Clark gets a fair amount. Reese asks for it a bit.. but doesn’t deserve it…

What we learned is drama sells. The W has lacked drama. Or at least squandered it.

Also was just a joke but if u want certain people and men rooting for the W 😭 I can’t even finish the sentence 😭

In the media yeah… I think Clark gets a fair amount. Reese asks for it a bit.. but doesn’t deserve it…

What we learned is drama sells. The W has lacked drama. Or at least squandered it.

Also was just a joke but if u want certain people and men rooting for the W 😭 I can’t even finish the sentence 😭
I think in men u need to attach to certain players, thats why I watch the NBA, it’s about who I want to watch individually. And now I’ll do that with the WNBA.

Reactions: VolFuture
Virginia Tech hired Megan Duffy.
Yes and there have been a lot of portal entries by Marquette players so we may see most of her team go with her. Va Tech is not going to be like Marquette there are no Butlers or some of the other Big East teams to pad that won loss record. I don't know how many Tech players will stay. Probably going to be a tough first season.

Last year, a common defense of Reese was that she knew what she was doing - that she was instigating controversy to draw attention to the game. These were most ex post facto assertions, I suspect, made becasue they sounded better than just saying she was just behaving immaturely on the court. I recall a lot of pointed "she's just bringing attention to the sport" claims made to defend both her actions during the game, and her reactions after the game as well.

The problem is, there's not really a way to unring that bell. Even if it was intentional, which beyond a certain degree I doubt, you can't bask in the benefits of stirring the pot, but then run from the ensuing reaction. Or rather, I suppose someone could run from the reactions, but it takes a decent chunk of time and effort to change the narrative around a personality.

VN Store

Back