Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If I’m not mistaken, he’s a defensive minded coach too. Coach Yo needs offensive minds.

Idk what his teams were other than wildly inconsistent. They were always a lot like Harper’s teams actually. Might look like pros one night and then the next you’d wonder who the heck was out there wearing those jerseys.

He had one really good season, otherwise he’s about a second round ceiling.

His most successful team had some offensive firepower, they beat us in the EE that year I believe. That was our team with Diamond Deshields and Nared maybe? They were super hot from 3 if I recall.

After they went to the championship game it was like someone left the garden hose to his ego on and he destroyed his own career rather quickly.

Idk what his teams were other than wildly inconsistent. They were always a lot like Harper’s teams actually. Might look like pros one night and then the next you’d wonder who the heck was out there wearing those jerseys.

He had one really good season, otherwise he’s about a second round ceiling.

His most successful team had some offensive firepower, they beat us in the EE that year I believe. That was our team with Diamond Deshields and Nared maybe? They were super hot from 3 if I recall.

After they went to the championship game it was like someone left the garden hose to his ego on and he destroyed his own career rather quickly.
Got it. I was remembering him as a former coach at Syracuse, but wasn’t quiet sure. His teams were definitely defensive-minded, except for when they played us 😩

Wasn't there some scandal surrounding Hillsman at Syracuse? Or was it just that all his players quit?

Wasn't there some scandal surrounding Hillsman at Syracuse? Or was it just that all his players quit?

Both. The scandal and then the mass exodus.

That was the first of its kind and rocked the basketball world. People had never seen almost a whole roster transfer.

Also has a hard time keeping up with the tax man. Not basketball related per se, but a big distraction when the university has to make a statement about it.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.png
    IMG_4614.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4615.png
    IMG_4615.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 12
Speaking of Stephanie White what a bad hire that was for Vandy. Looking back it’s hard to see what criteria they used to hire her other than former national champion and former WNBA player.

She had one partial season of HC experience in the WNBA and it was a ho hum season at Indiana. Prior to that she had been an assistant for some time.

Could not have predicted how abysmal she would be at Vandy though. I remember her first season when she was complaining about how much other stuff the student athletes at Vandy had to do, besides basketball, that she wasn’t going to make it there for sure.

[
Both. The scandal and then the mass exodus.

That was the first of its kind and rocked the basketball world. People had never seen almost a whole roster transfer.

Also has a hard time keeping up with the tax man. Not basketball related per se, but a big distraction when the university has to make a statement about it.
Good Lord how in the world did Yo get this thru the university administration! I can see Yo wanting to offer forgiveness and a second chance but dang, maybe there's hope for Tyler S. after all. This is just wild w his history.

One reason I'm so on edge about who gets hired at UT...Harper had her shortcomings and there is a demand for wins and all of the things...but this is the sort of noise we never had to worry about with her and I really hope that stays the same with the new hire...hoping for the best of both worlds 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Ole Miss doubling down on the Hillsman hire. Yo's definitely got some pull. What a gamble. I'll bet the risk managers are on life support.

Reactions: VolFuture
People miht enjoy watching the sh!tshow
I mean what could they possibly be thinking? The instant this walking time bomb breathes in the direction of the wrong person the lawsuit is coming. Plus you know past details are going to be re-vetted. This is unbelievable, but I can see Yo making a self-praising thing of it and she probably had actual good intentions. But somebody stop her!

VN Store

Back