Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

So, did DS ever apologize to Kellie and team for not showing up for the after game handshake? DS rushed up to her interview, but that’s no excuse, they were going to be there for hours, they would have waited for her. Their team, like her, in a total lack of respect or sportsmanship, just went back to the locker room after celebrating. They should have taken the ref that ignored the SC player’s double dribble with them.

Dawn has no class. She can try to fake it but she’s just generally classless. Not in the worst way, but it’s just not natural for her.

Isn't Molly Miller supposed to be the first up for a big vacancy. Kentucky better not miss out on her.

I think they are going to rehire Mitchell.

Molly Miller would be a good choice for a school like Oregon, who I think may also make a change. Sad because Graves can really coach, just think the players have changed too much for him. He’s been gutted with transfers the last few seasons.

Reactions: Volfan2012
The Hayes sisters are playing Marshall vs James Madison in the Sun Belt Championship, I don't think neither one is good

The Hayes sisters are playing Marshall vs James Madison in the Sun Belt Championship, I don't think neither one is good

I watched them earlier this season. How the youngest ended up at ND originally is beyond me. The only one of them that could actually play was Annie. The other 3 are so mid it’s not even funny.

I think they are going to rehire Mitchell.

Molly Miller would be a good choice for a school like Oregon, who I think may also make a change. Sad because Graves can really coach, just think the players have changed too much for him. He’s been gutted with transfers the last few seasons.

Here is the problem for Molly and Mitchell this is a era can they recruit the the best in the SEC ?

Here is the problem for Molly and Mitchell this is a era can they recruit the the best in the SEC ?

Nope don’t think so. I wouldn’t want to join the SEC at the moment. Especially not with a rebuild.

I can’t understand why this conference is still getting step sister treatment to the PAC-12. SEC is the best conference in women’s basketball. The viewership, play and championships show that.

PAC-12 has a bunch of mediocre teams beating each other up that are going to get bounced early IMO.

Several schools were ranked really high like Utah and Colorado but then struggled and fell back a lot.

Reactions: djtee
This pastor actually made a sermon out of that last shot. Like you can't be serious lol

This fake "preacher" and fake "church" demonstrate that they have nothing to do with the worship of God. Total disrespect for God...just incredible blasphemy to substitute entertainment for the preaching of God's Word.

Hope this guy repents, publicly confesses his sin, and tries to lead his flock to follow Christ.

I mentioned before that Tennessee should be looking at her.

Perhaps Connecticut should be.

After all, they beat mighty Lehman 101-14 the first game this season, and they've only lost one game (Vanderbilt).

They've plowed through a challenging schedule filled with the likes of powerhouses Canisius, Rider, Stonehill, Quinnipiac, St.Peter's, Sienna, Niagara, Manhattan, Marist, Iona, and Mt. Saint Mary's. Beat most of them twice.

Last edited:
Everything seemed reasonable and centered, then wut? Enemies?
@Lucy I need an assist here… 😉
Speaking as a poster who posts like everyone is a member of the hive on Star Trek . My best hand reading from someone who posts short hand.sometimes.
Ammo = talking points to use against Women Basketball
Emmie's =people who like to put down women's basketball

G

So, did DS ever apologize to Kellie and team for not showing up for the after game handshake? DS rushed up to her interview, but that’s no excuse, they were going to be there for hours, they would have waited for her. Their team, like her, in a total lack of respect or sportsmanship, just went back to the locker room after celebrating. They should have taken the ref that ignored the SC player’s double dribble with them.

After that terrible gut punch I would think Kellie would be relieved not to have to shake hands. She looked very distraught and holding back tears. What would either one say to the other? Good game?

Perhaps Connecticut should be.

After all, they beat mighty Lehman 101-14 the first game this season, and they've only lost one game (Vanderbilt).

They've plowed through a challenging schedule filled with the likes of powerhouses Canisius, Rider, Stonehill, Quinnipiac, St.Peter's, Sienna, Niagara, Manhattan, Marist, Iona, and Mt. Saint Mary's. Beat most of them twice.
You mean they dominated the teams in their conference, isn't that a good thing? It's not like they were a power 5 school that joined a smaller conference just so they could dominate.

You mean they dominated the teams in their conference, isn't that a good thing? It's not like they were a power 5 school that joined a smaller conference just so they could dominate.

Agree that they did what they should, just as Molly Miller's teams did at Drury when she racked up a record of something like 136-5. Fairfield has had a great season against their schedule and deserve to be really proud. Ranked? Not seeing the case for that.

She obviously can coach and likely deserves a shot at a larger school. That's usually the way it works. I just think that it's hard to assume success at the next level for a fan base expecting Final Fours and championships within a few years. Her team has been the big fish in the little pond this year, but it's not as though they were knocking off P-5 teams. I believe their best win was against Rutgers, which isn't that great an accomplishment given their current 8-24 record and last-place conference finish.

Given Kentucky's situation, that might be a good start with some NIL support. The suggestion that Tennessee looks at her seems misplaced unless she's had some extraordinary past success.

As for "dominating,' they went into OT for one of those wins, and others were by comfortable but not eye-popping margins. They did only lose by three to Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: maple and knoxvol52
Nope don’t think so. I wouldn’t want to join the SEC at the moment. Especially not with a rebuild.

I can’t understand why this conference is still getting step sister treatment to the PAC-12. SEC is the best conference in women’s basketball. The viewership, play and championships show that.

PAC-12 has a bunch of mediocre teams beating each other up that are going to get bounced early IMO.

Several schools were ranked really high like Utah and Colorado but then struggled and fell back a lot.

I disagree. I watched the Big Ten and Pac-12 championships on Sunday along with several rounds of the Pac-12 tournament. Both events were much better tv products The Big Ten title game was an especially great game to watch. Flowing offenses, points out the wazoo. Great shooters beyond Caitlin Clark. The SEC games looked like WWE matches in comparison. Maybe some people like that and to each their own but its a brutal watch on TV. The fouling that went uncalled in that South Carolina-LSU game prior to the brawl was just ridiculous on both sides.

Not sure where you are getting your viewership data from. 4 of the top 6 watched games were all Big Ten v. Big Ten (Iowa in all of them). Only one SEC v. SEC game registered in top 6 (LSU v. SC). The other game was UConn v. SC.

Last edited:
I disagree. I watched the Big Ten and Pac-12 championships on Sunday along with several rounds of the Pac-12 tournament. Both events were much better tv products The Big Ten title game was an especially great game to watch. Flowing offenses, points out the wazoo. Great shooters beyond Caitlin Clark. The SEC games looked like WWE matches in comparison. Maybe some people like that and to each their own but its a brutal watch on TV. The fouling that went uncalled in that South Carolina-LSU game prior to the brawl was just ridiculous on both sides.

Not sure where you are getting your viewership data from. 4 of the top 6 watched games were all Big Ten v. Big Ten (Iowa in all of them). Only one SEC v. SEC game registered in top 6 (LSU v. SC). The other game was UConn v. SC.

I watched the majority of both as well the Big 10 was a blast to watch. I found the PaC-12 really boring this season. Even fell asleep during the title game at one point. Just not a lot of energy from either team it seemed.

The “others” got it done for USC but that’s a rarity for them. Generally Juju has to score 30+ for them to be successful.

I thought in general the Big 10 and the SEC were the best conferences. Nebraska is not a team I would want to see in the NCAA tournament everyone they put on the floor can shoot the 3.

The Marshall- James Madison Sun Belt championship game was exciting. Here are just some of the incredible stats from that game.
Marshall took 99 field goal attempts of which 46 were 3's (James Madison only 53 fga's). Yet the game went into overtime. Marshall had 33 offensive rebounds. James Madison committed 39 turnovers !!

Reactions: maple and knoxvol52

VN Store

Back