Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If SC comes out in a full court press from the start like they did on UNC the game is over already. IU plays 6 players, they will be exhausted by the half. And IU cannot afford to have Holmes play aggressive defense in the post, she is their only big. SC’s post players are going to feast. This one could get ugly fast. 79-63 SC

Last edited:
Reactions: JustaChicken

Good ole Joni Taylor led program

I have no issue with cannabis in appropriate circumstance and with responsible use. In your car, on campus is not responsible. Being a student athlete you are held to a higher standard and a code of conduct.

Seeing someone arrested for cannabis in this day and age when I can walk into any of thousands of locations in Colorado and purchase legally is crazy. Not smart but I do feel for them in a way.

I would expect them to be removed from the team due to it being on campus. I doubt it will happen though, don’t think Joni commands much discipline.

If SC comes out in a full court press from the start like they did on UNC the game is over already. IU plays 6 players, they will be exhausted by the half. And IU cannot afford to have Holmes play aggressive defense in the post, she is their only big. SC’s post players are going to feast. This one could get ugly fast.
IU gotta shoot 50% from 3 and take 30

Reactions: Rooster1
I have no issue with cannabis in appropriate circumstance and with responsible use. In your car, on campus is not responsible. Being a student athlete you are held to a higher standard and a code of conduct.

Seeing someone arrested for cannabis in this day and age when I can walk into any of thousands of locations in Colorado and purchase legally is crazy. Not smart but I do feel for them in a way.

I would expect them to be removed from the team due to it being on campus. I doubt it will happen though, don’t think Joni commands much discipline.
I agree I’m not a cannabis hater but you must abide by the laws (maybe don’t go to Texas if u have to smoke) especially when u are held to a higher standard as student athletes…

Legality aside it’s a bad look, as u say, on campus

Kyndall Hunter. She's been a mess since she entered college. She's a good ball player but she's never really seen the court. Does Texas even have legalized marijuana? If not, most likely all three are done.

Reactions: maple and VolFuture
Kyndall Hunter. She's been a mess since she entered college. She's a good ball player but she's never really seen the court. Does Texas even have legalized marijuana? If not, most likely all three are done.
No I think they’re one of the most strict

They do not which is why they were arrested. There has been a push to decriminalize in College Station according to the article/post but it is being met with resistance from the Texas courts.

Even if it were legal it’s still generally not allowed near schools or campuses by law. This is the policy for CU Boulder.

“Underage use is subject to an MIP ticket, fines and CU sanctions. It is illegal for anyone (regardless of age) to have or use marijuana on campus in any form, even with a prescription. Being under the influence of marijuana is a violation of the CU drug policy and may result in student conduct sanctions and processes. April 21, 2022”

This is sickening. Talk about pearl clutching. A college student had less than a gram of weed? Shocked I tell you, shocked! And one is actually in jail?

Yes it's against the rules, yes they should have been careful. Curious the circumstances of their getting caught and arrested with what amounts to less than a joint. You'd almost have to try to get caught with that. But to ruin kids' lives for this is ludicrous, espec in light of all the truly horrible things that go on. Espec in the off season! Can see it possibly as a performance issue in season, but should be handled internal to the team.

In many places even in backwards TN it's a simple citation if it's less than 2 oz. Like a traffic ticket. I'd also add that back in the day in the early 70s, it was so common at the U of T we smoked while walking across campus to class, smoked our weights in the dorms, even smoked in the student section at Neyland Stadium during football games. No security officer would ever have waded into that fray to arrest someone for that. A concert at Stokley was like a Cheech and Chong movie.

Hope they get everything worked out and go on with their lives.

Last edited:
Read the article, the kids were dumb. Sitting in a parked car outside their apt building with loud music and a Cheech and Chong haze inside and the neighbors complained.

That said, the rest of this is just maddening. The TAM police don't arrest for simple possesion, but it was the College St cops, under the orders of one of the most odious characters in politics today - Ken Paxton. A man with yrs long history and many, many serious charges of theif, fraud and bribery. Recently only barely escaped impeachment bc his freakin wife was on the committee who voted on it! Yet he ruins kids lives in his unending crusade to fight the "woke".

Just to enrage me more, if they'd been in that car playing with deadly firearms they'd have gotten a medal from the state of Texas.

Law enforcement arrests of college students for minor drug charges have been a controversial issue in recent years. Last year, Texas A&M Police said it would no longer arrest offenders for non-violation, small amount marijuana possession offenses. Instead, UPD confiscates the marijuana if it’s less than two ounces, and then a case is sent to the county attorney for review. There was support from the Regents and Chancellor John Sharp following the policy change.

“I will not stand idly by as cities run by pro-crime extremists deliberately violate Texas law and promote the use of illicit drugs that harm our communities,” said AG Ken Paxton.

Last edited:
Read the article, the kids were dumb. Sitting in a parked car outside their apt building with loud music and a Cheech and Chong haze inside and the neighbors complained.

That said, the rest of this is just maddening. The TAM police don't arrest for simple possesion, but it was the College St cops, under the orders of one of the most odious characters in politics today - Ken Paxton. A man with yrs long history and many, many serious charges of theif, fraud and bribery. Recently only barely escaped impeachment bc his freakin wife was on the committee who voted on it! Yet he ruins kids lives in his unending crusade to fight the "woke".

Just to enrage me more, if they'd been in that car playing with deadly firearms they'd have gotten a medal from the state of Texas.

Law enforcement arrests of college students for minor drug charges have been a controversial issue in recent years. Last year, Texas A&M Police said it would no longer arrest offenders for non-violation, small amount marijuana possession offenses. Instead, UPD confiscates the marijuana if it’s less than two ounces, and then a case is sent to the county attorney for review. There was support from the Regents and Chancellor John Sharp following the policy change.

“I will not stand idly by as cities run by pro-crime extremists deliberately violate Texas law and promote the use of illicit drugs that harm our communities,” said AG Ken Paxton.
Ken Paxton is a vile human. He should be serving multiple sentences in jail as we speak.
The players were stupid for sure but as is the style these days cruelty is the point.

You have read the forthcoming article?
No?

Then why is it a “political hit piece”?

Since when is Mulkey a “key leader”?

Mulkey is a highly successful coach.

Some folks like her; others find her lacking as a person. Neither viewpoint makes her a key leader, much less a political figure.
it will be interesting to see where this is headed the guy is an accomplished journalist it looks like mulkey has avoided him quite a while and now is claiming he is rushing her to answer questions

it will be interesting to see where this is headed the guy is an accomplished journalist it looks like mulkey has avoided him quite a while and now is claiming he is rushing her to answer questions
You will probably be receiving a warning to steer clear of this topic. It just got another thread nuked. Word…

I wonder how close this voting will be and who the winner will also be. It’s seems like a slam dunk, but you never know.

2024 Naismith Women’s College Coach of the Year Finalists
Lisa Bluder, Iowa
Lindsay Gottlieb, Southern Cal
Dawn Staley, South Carolina
Tara VanDerveer, Stanford

Vic led Texas to a one seed in spite of losing his best player. Kinda surprised Tara was put in there ahead of him tbh, esp since Vic won his conference tourney and Tara lost.

I wonder how close this voting will be and who the winner will also be. It’s seems like a slam dunk, but you never know.

Lisa Bluder, Iowa
Yea Gottlieb probably wins..

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy

Lisa Bluder, Iowa

Vic led Texas to a one seed in spite of losing his best player. Kinda surprised Tara was put in there ahead of him tbh, esp since Vic won his conference tourney and Tara lost.
I think gottlieb will win

I would go with Gottlieb as well.
You would pick her over Staley? If so, I get it, did more with less story? Wonder if UT was the lone undefeated team replacing all of their starters if you would pick UT coach over Gottlieb, there is no wrong answer obviously, they are all worthy. Vic should have been in contention imo, but they only pick 4. Something tells me (spider senses) I’m being jacked with, even if not it’s cool, but has an undefeated coach ever not won it? I don’t know. Lot of games before April 3 though. Part of that coach of the year formula thing needs to account for recruiting and development obviously, huge (biggest?) part of the job.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back