Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

They are not poor and yes everyone gets the same tv payout but dont be fooled...there are tiers of have and have nots even in the SEC. It will become even more apparent in the NIL era. A good indicator of what I'm talking about is look up the ranking of SEC schools by booster revenue (excludes tv payouts). Kentucky is not in the top half.
Apparently they opened up the school SEC revenue to hire Brooks who was making over $2m per year at VT. Again, I have no idea what the health of their NIL system is in WBB, but it is strong in MBB.

Apparently they opened up the school SEC revenue to hire Brooks who was making over $2m per year at VT. Again, I have no idea what the health of their NIL system is in WBB, but it is strong in MBB.
Don't know where you read or heard $2 million at Virginia Tech. I just looked it up and he signed a three year extension last season so in the end his contract was 6 years/ $6.4 million

Don't know where you read or heard $2 million at Virginia Tech. I just looked it up and he signed a three year extension last season so in the end his contract was 6 years/ $6.4 million
you are right, he was making $1.1m at VT. Ky prob got him for under 2. I'd guess around 1.75 ish

Reactions: knoxvol52
The intent was not to obscure the statement. I thought it was abundantly clear what I meant, and I just wanted to be a little more creative (as opposed to being "weaselly." If I wanted to weasel, I'd weasel).

And I'll refer any racists to Rhett Butler's parting words to Scarlett (how's that for "weasel wording?").

I reject all these stupid racist narratives. That means I don't think all minorities have to work twice as hard to succeed as majorities just as I don't think the only reason minorities succeed is due to affirmative action. I reject the idea that "brown bodies need brown coaches" just as I reject the idea that "white bodies need to be coached by white coaches." If that touches any sore spots among anyone, I refer them to the aforementioned Rhett Butler remark.

The LSU vs. Iowa race-baiting last season as "White America's team" vs. "Black America's team" just demonstrated that a lot of people of ALL skin tones can't get past the surface.
Wow! This discussion has gotten so obtuse I’m not even sure what we are talking about.
I do however believe that Caitlin Clark gets away with taunting etc that a black player would get called out for. I’m not an Angel Reese fan but she and Caitlin Clark look about the same to me in boorish behavior but CC gets held up as the face of WBB.
Hope I didn’t open up a different can of worms there.

Wow! This discussion has gotten so obtuse I’m not even sure what we are talking about.
I do however believe that Caitlin Clark gets away with taunting etc that a black player would get called out for. I’m not an Angel Reese fan but she and Caitlin Clark look about the same to me in boorish behavior but CC gets held up as the face of WBB.
Hope I didn’t open up a different can of worms there.
Don’t worry, you’ve said everything I’ve been thinking for a while now. Of course her supporters on here thinks she can do know wrong and will hate Reese regardless. Both of them can be wrong but people will usually choose their side for whatever reason.

I know I have beating the drum about the popularity of WBB, but this is amazing tv ratings for the lopsided first round games. I remember a few years back when some ratings for first round were like 0.1. Good to see the Lady Vols are in on it as well.

@ESPNPR

Fans tuned in to First Round #NCAAWBB #MarchMadness on ESPN platforms
🏀
Most-consumed First Rd on record (1.5B total mins)
🏀
Iowa/Holy Cross: 3.2M viewers, most-viewed First Rd game on record
🏀
UConn/Jackson State: 1.1M viewers, 3rd most-viewed First Rd game on record

ESPN and 9 others

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1772664799400263949

I know I have beating the drum about the popularity of WBB, but this is amazing tv ratings for the lopsided first round games. I remember a few years back when some ratings for first round were like 0.1. Good to see the Lady Vols are in on it as well.
@ESPNPR

Fans tuned in to First Round #NCAAWBB #MarchMadness on ESPN platforms
🏀
Most-consumed First Rd on record (1.5B total mins)
🏀
Iowa/Holy Cross: 3.2M viewers, most-viewed First Rd game on record
🏀
UConn/Jackson State: 1.1M viewers, 3rd most-viewed First Rd game on record
ESPN and 9 others

Free TV vs paid TV....so what's your point? ABC prime time slot and hyped to the gill's vs round of 32 games pretty much ignored. I am always glad the numbers are high but if you are pointing out a discrepancy then I am going to point out why it exists.

Free TV vs paid TV....so what's your point? ABC prime time slot and hyped to the gill's vs round of 32 games pretty much ignored. I am always glad the numbers are high but if you are pointing out a discrepancy then I am going to point out why it exists.
Fly, you gotta read the room better, this poster was celebrating the growth of WBB, that’s all. No hidden agenda.

Reactions: LV renaissance
What the hell is Free TV no such thing . Don't tell me individuals are still using Antennas or Rabbit Ears to get ABC lol..

As far as CC and AR go I enjoy some trash talking from the ladies during the games. I mean don't pull hair or fight but talking garbage why not, the men do it.

As far as players being role models is blown out of proportion. Your children's role model should be you not some athlete they will never meet. Charles Barkley said one time and it's true "We are not role models" .

VN Store

Back