Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

For 10 games played. Nice little pay day.

If this one doesn't speak how much Women's basketball is being respected nothing will.

Like Caitlin or not she is moving the needle for Women in basketball..
I wonder if he would have done that if she wasn’t getting 24 hour coverage this season.

Reactions: maple
I don’t care about leading in scoring, if Rickea took 22 shots per game she would average over 30 as well

And if Jackson took half those shots from the Tennessee logo she'd be on ESPN every day too. Again - she's making shots that no one else makes.

She wouldn’t need to do that, her overall skills will shine.

Maybe so, but she wouldn't be on ESPN every day. And so we return to the original point, which is that Clark is getting 24 hour coverage because she is unique and does things on the court that no other player can do. When another player comes along that can shoot at nearly 40% from 32+ feet out and average near a triple double (or 30/8/8, if we must be precise), I'm sure they'll get some serious publicity as well.

Maybe so, but she wouldn't be on ESPN every day. And so we return to the original point, which is that Clark is getting 24 hour coverage because she is unique and does things on the court that no other player can do. When another player comes along that can shoot at nearly 40% from 32+ feet out and average near a triple double (or 30/8/8, if we must be precise), I'm sure they'll get some serious publicity as well.
Well they will promote who they want, I know they are pushing to try to make her more popular than another player but it still didn’t work.

Well they will promote who they want, I know they are pushing to try to make her more popular than another player but it still didn’t work.

I kind of think Big3 offering Clark 5 million to play ten games suggests otherwise. Not that anyone is "trying" to make Clark anything -- Clark has earned it with her play.

I kind of think Big3 offering Clark 5 million to play ten games suggests otherwise. Not that anyone is "trying" to make Clark anything -- Clark has earned it with her play.
They are offering because of the push and they think it will make money, which it will since it will be a female playing against men. But that’s not the player I would think of when I think of a female player having success doing that, I think of a player like Arike Ogunbowale.

Reactions: glv98
Fly, you gotta read the room better, this poster was celebrating the growth of WBB, that’s all. No hidden agenda.
Hense my......I am always glad the numbers are high but if you are pointing out a discrepancy then I am going to point out why it exists

What the hell is Free TV no such thing . Don't tell me individuals are still using Antennas or Rabbit Ears to get ABC lol..

As far as CC and AR go I enjoy some trash talking from the ladies during the games. I mean don't pull hair or fight but talking garbage why not, the men do it.

As far as players being role models is blown out of proportion. Your children's role model should be you not some athlete they will never meet. Charles Barkley said one time and it's true "We are not role models" .
Lol, what?!?! I use an antenna for network TV and so do most people I know......

I think for a lot of these teams, the bench players have been pushed into starting out of necessity (with little or no bench left behind them), but still, the South Carolina bench points are beyond impressive.
I don’t focus on bench points that much, the bench just needs to come through in the crucial moments, just like LSU did last year, the bench came though when needed but was a no show most of the tournament.

I don’t focus on bench points that much, the bench just needs to come through in the crucial moments, just like LSU did last year, the bench came though when needed but was a no show most of the tournament.
Their lack of bench has hurt them way more this entire season, unlike last year. Stronger starters but weaker bench, it'll be interesting to see if they make it past UCLA.

Reactions: travis929
In my opinion the Indiana faithful & team should go into this game quietly.. try & take SC by surprise. You don't want the SC team being reminded of this (although I'm sure Dawn already has). I don't see Indiana winning this time around.

Their lack of bench has hurt them way more this entire season, unlike last year. Stronger starters but weaker bench, it'll be interesting to see if they make it past UCLA.
They was a 3 seed last year as well and loss some games, but UCLA will be a problem regardless, I had UCLA as the best team earlier in the season so it’s possible for them to win it all.

Reactions: WVU05UT09

VN Store

Back