'25 NJ OT Jaelyn Matthews

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Sterling Henton rocked Tennessee as a quarterback from New Jersey.

giphy.gif

This is one I firmly believe we land. He is a stud. I heard we are in a good spot here.

OLine is typically hard to evaluate from highschool to college but he checks off all the boxes.
What’s the connection here? He just really like Tenn and wants to play in the SEC or does he have some ties to the university? Would be a great get for the staff

We’ll see, but 9/10 times recruits post that stuff for attention
He reached out to George and the staff. Visited for jr day (on own dime). Scheduling an ov in spring, well ahead of when most schedule theirs. It would appear his interest is legit and that he may have as much or more interest in us than others.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Because they do post it for attention. The ones that don’t want attention don’t post.
I think he’s implying that some recruits post Tennessee stuff solely because they know it’s good for some likes and follows on social media. Don’t think that’s the case here. Interest seems legit.

I think he’s implying that some recruits post Tennessee stuff solely because they know it’s good for some likes and follows on social media. Don’t think that’s the case here. Interest seems legit.
Bingo.

Players can take as many OV’s as they want now, but it is a positive sign

Reactions: bigl3327
VQ has an article up on George MacIntye going to a recent event in Vegas. Matthews was there as well:

MacIntyre has been relentless as a peer recruiter since committing to Tennessee in January. He used the opportunity in Vegas to build on several bonds he had already established, including spending plenty of time with four-star New Jersey offensive tackle Jaelyne Matthews.

“It went great,” MacIntyre said of his time with the four-star offensive tackle. “Jaelyne is a great guy. I felt like we built a good relationship just through texting, then I finally got to meet him in-person, and I am fired up about him. We didn’t do a ton of football drills, but you can tell he has a ton of potential. He has an athletic body for his size for sure. It was big talking to him. I think he loves Tennessee, and obviously, we love him.”

- Matt Ray

VN Store

Back