Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

As far as the lack of games, considering Zelda looks like about an 80-100 hour game if you do everything, so I'm fine for now, since Zelda games are some of the few I actually try to 100%.

Definitely check out Fast RMX. If you're an F-Zero fan you'll love that game. Also Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out on the 28th, Arms is coming June 16, and Splatoon 2 is in July. Plus don't overlook some of the great indie stuff like Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, Snipper Clips, Puyo Puyo Tetris, The Binding Of Isaac, etc.

Nintendo sells 2.4 million Switch's in the first month. Becomes fastest selling console in company history.

http://n4g.com/news/2044782/superda...lion-switch-consoles-worldwide-in-first-month

You have to give Nintendo an A+ for this launch. They had a masterpiece as a launch title, and they seemed to have the supply just about right. Enough that demand is still high but not too little that scalpers are making a killing like they did with the Wii. And the fact that they launched in March, which is definitely not your typical launch window.

You have to give Nintendo an A+ for this launch. They had a masterpiece as a launch title, and they seemed to have the supply just about right. Enough that demand is still high but not too little that scalpers are making a killing like they did with the Wii. And the fact that they launched in March, which is definitely not your typical launch window.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the momentum. It looks like their strategy is to release about one "tent pole" game per month and fill the weeks in between with indie and minor 3rd party titles. This month we have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which should move some units. In May we have Minecraft with exclusive Nintendo licensed content, June we have Arms, July we have Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sometime after that. I'm sure they'll announce more at E3 for the fall months leading up to Super Mario Odyssey as the big holiday title.

I'm actually hoping for more Wii U "Deluxe" titles to get announced like Smash Brothers, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toads Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. These were all fantastic games that had the misfortune to be on a crappy console. I'd love the opportunity to play these on Switch.

Last edited:
I'm honestly looking forward to GameCube games being on the Virtual Console, if the rumors are true, and assuming they can get all the good GC games on it.

Have you played Dark Moon on 3DS? It's awesome! I'd love for Nintendo to announce an all new Luigi's Haunted Mansion.

I haven't, but it's been on my wish list for a while. I don't play my 3ds near enough to justify buying games for it.

I did recently setup my old Wii with all my old GameCube games for my 6 year old. Mario Galaxy has been the game du jour, but it's just a matter of time before I pop in Luigi's Mansion.

The new shipments must have gone out because at Target this evening I saw about 10 Switch consoles, and was notified Best Buy had some too.

Fyi

nintendo have announced their e3 schedule

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/news/2017...7cannouncement

let's-a-go! Mario, tournaments, and nintendo switch head to e3 2017!
11/05/2017

11th may, 2017 – as part of nintendo’s plan to deliver news about upcoming games throughout the year, the company will provide a packed week of activities at the e3 video game show, which runs from 13th to 15th june in los angeles.

Proceedings will be headlined by the first-ever opportunity to play super mario odyssey, mario’s upcoming sandbox-style adventure for the nintendo switch console, as well as other nintendo switch games. Additional activities at the annual show include a nintendo spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation announcing new details for nintendo switch games launching this year, the return of nintendo treehouse: Live at e3, and tournaments for arms and splatoon 2 livestreamed from the show floor.

Nintendo’s e3 activities kick off on tuesday 13th june at 17:00 bst with its nintendo spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view in local languages live at nintendo of europe’s e3 2017 website, this presentation will offer more details about super mario odyssey and other nintendo switch games, with a focus on games launching this year.

Immediately following nintendo spotlight: E3 2017, nintendo is once again bringing back nintendo treehouse: Live at e3, a livestreamed showcase of upcoming games for nintendo switch and the nintendo 3ds family of systems. Gameplay for all the featured games will be streamed from the e3 show floor from 13th to 15th june via nintendo’s twitch channels, with a chatroom available in viewers’ local language. In addition to gameplay, the livestream will include behind-the-scenes info and commentary from game developers and members of the nintendo treehouse. Nintendo treehouse: Live at e3 content will be livestreamed in english only.

When nintendo’s booth space opens at noon l.a. Time on 13th june, show attendees will be among some of the first people in the world to get their hands on super mario odyssey as well as other games for nintendo switch. Super mario odyssey is mario’s first sandbox-style game since super mario 64 and super mario sunshine.

In addition to all of these activities, nintendo will also host game tournaments that will be livestreamed from the e3 show floor. The 2017 splatoon 2 world inkling invitational splats onto the scene on 13th june and features splatoon 2 for nintendo switch. Composed of four pre-qualified squid squads from europe, the u.s., japan and australia/new zealand, the tournament will find teams participating in the first-ever international splatoon 2 competition. The second tournament, the 2017 arms open invitational, takes place on 14th june and will feature nintendo’s upcoming arms fighting game for nintendo switch.

Further details about nintendo’s activities at e3 will be shared closer to the event. For more information about nintendo’s activities and announcements at e3 2017, be sure to check nintendo of europe’s e3 2017 website in the coming weeks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Super Mario Odyssey.

Nintendo has officially revealed their network plans...

https://www.gameraven.com/news/nintendo-online-prices-revealed-service-launches-2018

DBRxPLHUQAAYvDB.jpg

switchcc.png

DBRxZ3RUwAANfaW.jpg

DBRxpObVoAInv9i.jpg

Nintendo’s online service for their Nintendo Switch system has long been the topic of many a discussion. While we’ve always known it was going to be a paid for subscription service, the price has been a mystery. But not anymore.
Nintendo has revealed the price and subscription options for Nintendo-Online.

The service will allow players to play online multiplayer, along with access to a mobile phone app that allows users to connect with friends for online play.

$20 for a year isn't bad at all.

Also the Classic Game Selection looks like a good reason they canned the NES Classic Console.

Also looks like Nintendo has changed the original strategy of classic games. At first it was reported that you'd only have access to the free games for a month, but now Nintendo is saying it works more like PlayStation Plus in that if you keep your subscription, your games don't go away.

Also looks like Nintendo has changed the original strategy of classic games. At first it was reported that you'd only have access to the free games for a month, but now Nintendo is saying it works more like PlayStation Plus in that if you keep your subscription, your games don't go away.

I'm not much of an online gamer but for that feature alone I will subscribe (when I do get a Switch).

That's the best bet honestly. They're waaaaay more likely to get buy in that way.

VN Store

Back