Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

I just spent about 3 hours wandering around. Still haven't hit the first point it wants you to go to. It's a fun game so far.

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart 8

I just spent about 3 hours wandering around. Still haven't hit the first point it wants you to go to. It's a fun game so far.

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart 8

I heard my wife scream in terror the other day from the living room. I went to go check on her and see what was wrong. Turns out she had just spent a few minutes climbing a cliff only to reach the top and be head butted and knocked off and killed by some random goat. She then went back up there. Killed the goat. Cooked it and ate it. It's the little things that make that game fun.

Anyone use the Pro Controller yet?

I was deciding between that and another set of joy-cons

I just randomly found 1 at Best Buy. I stopped to pick up a copy of Halo Wars 2 because it was on sale and I had a $20 Gift Certificate. I saw one just sitting there and at first thought it must just be a display box or something. I picked it up...nope it's the real deal.

So I got it and a copy of LOZ: Breath of the Wild.

I just randomly found 1 at Best Buy. I stopped to pick up a copy of Halo Wars 2 because it was on sale and I had a $20 Gift Certificate. I saw one just sitting there and at first thought it must just be a display box or something. I picked it up...nope it's the real deal.

So I got it and a copy of LOZ: Breath of the Wild.

Impressions?

Impressions?

So far....not happy at all. This thing will not connect to my Wifi at all, no matter what I do. And my network is fine, literally every other device is connected fine. I checked my admin settings and everything and nothing is working, and the error it gives is just some generic "can't connect" one.

Not a great first impression.

Edit: Nevermind; turns out it was my router. I had Access Control turned on and even though I have my network hidden and had the option set to let new devices connect, it wasn't letting the Switch connect. I turned it off and now it connects fine.

Last edited:
Ok...now I'm trying to link to my Nintendo account and when I try to sign in on the Switch, it keeps telling me my username/password is incorrect. But then I say reset, go the website, reset it, log out in the browser and back in with the credentials and it works. But go back to the Switch....keeps telling me it's wrong.

This is a giant pain in the a**.

So finally got all the Nintendo ID/Nintendo Network junk squared away. I really hope they get that streamlined when they go to the paid service.

But other than that part, the setup is a breeze. It's basically turn it on and charge it and bam you're good to go. Then put in Zelda and even though I only played about 30 minutes I was already blown away. The game looks awesome in remote mode and switching to the TV is a breeze and the game looks even better on my TV.

I was kind of surprised at how simple everything is. Brave is right that now the Wii U gamepad feels like a toy and clunky as crap. I had to sign into it to figure out my eShop account and it was crazy how clunky it felt after handling the Switch.

So far I give it a thumbs up. I'm really hoping they don't make me pay for the eShop/Virtual Console games again but I'm guessing they will.

Nintendo held a Direct yesterday. Here are the highlights...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eA0AKk6wY[/youtube]

Nintendo held a Direct yesterday. Here are the highlights...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eA0AKk6wY[/youtube]

I'm glad they're embracing the console/handheld system that the switch can be. Also the payday 2 game may give me hope for more 3rd party games but I'll wait on that

Also the payday 2 game may give me hope for more 3rd party games but I'll wait on that

Switch seems to run 4+ year old games well enough. Maybe they will keep coming. /s

I still see a hard road coming for the switch. I don't foresee E3 helping when the big guns start showing their new games and Nintendo is showing Mario and 4+ year old games.

Still, Switch seems to be doing well at the moment. Maybe they can keep it going.

Last edited:
Switch seems to run 4+ year old games well enough. Maybe they will keep coming. /s

I still see a hard road coming for the switch. I don't foresee E3 helping when the big guns start showing their new games and Nintendo is showing Mario and 4+ year old games.

Still, Switch seems to be doing well at the moment. Maybe they can keep it going.

You never know what Nintendo will show. I'm willing to bet they'll come much stronger than that.

As far as the lack of games, considering Zelda looks like about an 80-100 hour game if you do everything, so I'm fine for now, since Zelda games are some of the few I actually try to 100%.

VN Store

Back