Night Owls/Insomniacs Thread Part IV

Yeah,I have never liked naps even when I was a kid. Now,if I'm really sick, I'll take them. That's about it. Even then,I'll be up half the night trying to get to sleep.

Reactions: joevol33
I’m just here hoping to find the “pretty pictures” that got booted from the recruiting forum general talk thread

Well, I think I'm going to go ahead and call it a night. I got to get up early in the morning. I can't stay up any longer.

As I'm finally getting ready to sleep,I'm reminded of this song seeing as it's 3am. Chocolate Milk and relaxation videos online have seemed to do the trick tonight.

The train sounds its horn as it approaches each intersection near my home.
I live close by a major rail line, also.
They say you get accustomed to the horn signal but ? We never will. We live 5/6 blocks from the line and maybe twice that to the nearest road crossing.
I have been told that the “ train approaching “
signal is two long blasts, one short blast and a final long. And sure enough that’s the signal. But we can hear the train as it approaches at least three crossings about
5-8 times day or night.
Price to pay for being “down town”in a small historical East TN town.
GBO

Did I shut down this thread? My bad,
Night shift, keeping the light on as Diablo Canyon
6x12 s here inPismo Beach
GBO
Yes. It’s because of you. We also blame you for product shrinkage, identity politics, and the splintering of American society. And, if you believe that, have I got a land deal for you on the 38th parallel!

Truth is, this thread is spotty at best. Read through it, and you’ll find some good exchanges. A lot of this thread is lone owls hooting in the wee hours.

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Did I shut down this thread? My bad,
Night shift, keeping the light on as Diablo Canyon
6x12 s here inPismo Beach
GBO

You're good! I've thought I've killed the thread at times,but it goes through lulls as @Tin Man said. Continue to post in here. I've been meaning to as my sleeping habits havent changed outside of getting up earlier.

That’s what I do, I put out “fires” without getting burnt lol
Tonight is my one shift off, and the lights will stay without me.
I technically work 3 days one week, and 4 the next next. It's split up, but I like it. I worked all weekend, off two days next, work Wednesday and Thursday, then off all weekend. I do work over some. I'm 12 hours, but I work 15 everyday, unless it's a day off, then 8-12 depending on how I feel.

Reactions: Tin Man
I technically work 3 days one week, and 4 the next next. It's split up, but I like it. I worked all weekend, off two days next, work Wednesday and Thursday, then off all weekend. I do work over some. I'm 12 hours, but I work 15 everyday, unless it's a day off, then 8-12 depending on how I feel.
Great that you like it and lots of time off, do you keep your daily schedule on days off?
I try to keep my sleeping routine the same but it always less on free days. I’ll stay up tiil three or so , get up at 8 and do my thing. I only work 2-3 months twice a year, kinda my own choice. And I’m getting to the end of that, I wanta fish more, see the kids, enjoy wifey. We live south of Knoxville, Both grew up in e. Tn but my plant is on the central Cali coast.
Be safe a work

Reactions: joevol33
Great that you like it and lots of time off, do you keep your daily schedule on days off?
I try to keep my sleeping routine the same but it always less on free days. I’ll stay up tiil three or so , get up at 8 and do my thing. I only work 2-3 months twice a year, kinda my own choice. And I’m getting to the end of that, I wanta fish more, see the kids, enjoy wifey. We live south of Knoxville, Both grew up in e. Tn but my plant is on the central Cali coast.
Be safe a work
I know a little about the challenges you and the Mrs face, not saying what road God has planned but
We have had challenges and a tragedy, feel a piece of monofilament between our lives.
Major car wreck by youngest son, 17th birthday in icu, 163 day in a brain and spine hospital in Atlanta, Shepard Center. By God and good Drs he’s a great father and person, he’s also my hero. Wonderful story, with a great ending.
2016 youngest daughter, pasted away at 29 in our home. She is so in our heart.
Wife has major car wreck on I-75, 2018 she spent 3 months at Health South rehab in west Knoxville. No doubt God was with her. She is better than new. She contracted H. Pylori last June and still battling to get her system and body together again. As wife says “ I’ve hurt worse“
My special Mom when to heaven
Mixed in was other deaths and just crappy adult life and memories.

Nothing is as bad as a loved one in a life threatening battle. Caregiving is hard but it’s satisfying and it’s what we do.
I’m not alone and I want you to know
You are not alone either. Stay strong and there are tough tragic times, some have the ending you want. Prayers work and it’s real.
I don’t open up like this often, I think the dark of night and night shift has has me sharing, one thing is for certain, we never forget.
God Bless you and yours
Jack

VN Store

Back