Night Owls/Insomniacs Thread Part IV

Yeah I got hooked into the extra hour at work too, this is my last shift of the week and today is my off day. Been slow but 6x12s plus 1 keepin the lights on, so my hour fell into double time. Still got 45 minutes until beer time.
GBO
Been a bit since I've done 6 straight 12's, had a spell a few years ago I worked every night for about 2 months. That was rough 😭. I've been doing 15 hours a day recently, but not more than 4 in a row, and mostly 3 in a row.

After a rough time sleeping on the first night of Daylight Savings time,I slept like a baby last night. I tend to sleep better and my insomnia doesn't bother me nearly as much when we gain an hour. Thank goodness because I'm going to be volunteering for Meals on Wheels for a couple of days a week during the holidays so I need to be up early.

Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol and Jack Webb in Dragnet sure play angry, obnoxious characters. Joe Mannix and Frank Cannon are pretty angry as well. It’s pretty funny to see the rights of suspects being violated. But Miranda rights didn’t come along until after HP (but before Dragnet).

That is all. Get some sleep.

I’m

I can feel you, woke up twice today, I could not comprehend what time it was even looking at several clocks! Morning?, Night?, late to work? On time? Forget it just get up
Peace….
My shift is 7-7, but I've been coming in at 4, clock is set for 3 every day. Some days, like today, I wake up an hour or so before it even goes off. Working 15 hours after 4 hours of sleep is fun 🤣

My shift is 7-7, but I've been coming in at 4, clock is set for 3 every day. Some days, like today, I wake up an hour or so before it even goes off. Working 15 hours after 4 hours of sleep is fun 🤣
I feel your exhaustion man. I got about 4 and half hours of sleep yesterday then work 7-5 sometimes 7-7 and have a 45 mile drive to work and back. Work 4 tens and off three days but sometimes I take the overtime and work 5 days. After working 11 hours that hour drive home is grueling some mornings. Sucks I gotta work all the Saturdays this month but I just had the last 5 Saturdays off so I guess I can’t complain. At least I will get to see most of the game Saturday before I head to work.

Reactions: joevol33
I feel your exhaustion man. I got about 4 and half hours of sleep yesterday then work 7-5 sometimes 7-7 and have a 45 mile drive to work and back. Work 4 tens and off three days but sometimes I take the overtime and work 5 days. After working 11 hours that hour drive home is grueling some mornings. Sucks I gotta work all the Saturdays this month but I just had the last 5 Saturdays off so I guess I can’t complain. At least I will get to see most of the game Saturday before I head to work.
Man, that drive would be rough after all night. I'm extremely blessed in that area, I'm like 5 minutes from my house!

Man, that drive would be rough after all night. I'm extremely blessed in that area, I'm like 5 minutes from my house!
Yea it is. My last job I lived a mile from work I literally could go home on lunch it was nice unfortunately the owner sold the company and me and 15 other people were out a job last December.

Reactions: joevol33
My bad, fat fingers
Living close to work can be a blessing. I was lucky a few places but generally Nukes aren’t located within easy access. Sequoia maybe the exception. This one now is 2048 miles from the fountain in Loudon where my home/ toys/ family/ dog are right now. Been doing 6x12s since august. Sunday will be my last shift until spring. I decided to take some vacation days, around 90 …lol All the in house folks are envious. Tennessee and time to burn Oh yeah.
GBO

Earlier this week, the daughter advised that she is hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Tuesday afternoon, she “asked” me to bring dressing/stuffing and a green vegetable. I made classic 60s recipes with a twist for the dressing and a broccoli casserole. The twists? The celery, onion, and herbs dressing is made with light French and dark German breads. The broccoli casserole is made with cream of celery and cayenne pepper.

VN Store

Back