Nicotine

People always seem to find enough money for cigarettes.
As a kid I worked in a convenience store. Back then food stamps were like coupons and when you bought something you were given change back in dollars, so the move was to send your skinny, barefoot kid in with a $50 food stamp , have him buy a can of beanie weenies and get back $49.50 in change.

Then Dad rolls in with the cash to pick up several cartons of Dorals

Or, they are setting the stage for a growth of underground Eric Garners to be out here selling loose Kool 100s and cops having to enforce these new laws.
Menthols are f##king nasty. When I used to smoke if I had to bum one and they had menthols, it was always a hard pass.

As a kid I worked in a convenience store. Back then food stamps were like coupons and when you bought something you were given change back in dollars, so the move was to send your skinny, barefoot kid in with a $50 food stamp , have him buy a can of beanie weenies and get back $49.50 in change.

Then Dad rolls in with the cash to pick up several cartons of Dorals

I don't know when you worked for a convenience store, but when I did back in the 70's change was only given back up to 99 cents and any dollar amount was given out as a "due bill" that they could bring back and use it like a store credit. Of course we had our share of deadbeats that would send in their 6 kids each with a $1.00 food stamp and buy a 1 cent dum dum sucker to get the change. A few minutes later momma or daddy would come in and back a pack or 2 of smokes and a 6 pack of beer with all change.

Reactions: AM64
Yes it is. Not nearly as bad as opiates tho. Speak from experience. Opiate withdrawal for heavy users is only separated from Hell by a screen door with a big hole in it...
And the worst thing is going through that same process again and again and again... You probably get my drift.

VN Store

Back