Nicotine

Yeah, this is one of the concerns. The proposal is to cut the nicotine levels to about 25%. So, would folks smoke 4 times as much? Of course, the increases in cost would likely be prohibitive for most. I think they're banking on the combination resulting in a significant drop in use. What that basically means is there will be a boon, at least in the short term, for vaping. That's supplanting smoking already. And you can actually use vaping devices for drug use. It's a growing problem in schools.
People always seem to find enough money for cigarettes.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
It took my mom about 25 years of trying to quit before it stuck. Damn addictive.

Took me 15 tries to finally understand the nicotine dependancy. I quit many times only to be sucked back in by just having 1 cig at some special time. I am off 12 years but I know for sure if I have just 1, 2 weeks later I would be pack a day.

Reactions: PointGuard
I think it should be made public whether or not Cigarette company executives smoke. If they don't smoke them should not be allowed to sell them.

Reactions: Wireless1
They lower the nicotine levels but weed is being engineered to have higher amounts THC levels. Seems the high THC would be worse that nicotine.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Not for the government doing this. I am fine with them creating "categories/tiers", similar to the differences in how beer/wine/liquor is treated. But not outright banning.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If the federal government was successful in getting everyone to quit smoking are they raising our taxes to replace the revenue lost from the cigarette taxes?

They lower the nicotine levels but weed is being engineered to have higher amounts THC levels. Seems the high THC would be worse that nicotine.
Nicotine and THC don't function and affect the body in the same manner, even though they're both used recreationally. They are also nowhere near close to having similar levels of addictive effects.

If the federal government was successful in getting everyone to quit smoking are they raising our taxes to replace the revenue lost from the cigarette taxes?
Legalized weed will start looking a whole lot better to them if that happens.

Reactions: Zues1
I think it should be made public whether or not Cigarette company executives smoke. If they don't smoke them should not be allowed to sell them.
If they don't drink should they sell them? If they don't own a gun should they sell them? If they don't eat healthy should they sell them? Your stance is about the dumbest I have ever seen.

VN Store

Back