NFL ratings down 11% first six weeks

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was the kneeling. Goodell has slowly been dragging this league down with the rule changes. Defenses aren't allowed to hit any more. The league is over saturated with bad teams, and bad teams just aren't fun to watch. Add all of that up, and then you have someone or multiple someones disrespecting the country it makes the game much easier to ignore.

people have the right to protest by not supporting a product they disagree with.

Reactions: 2 people
A survey was conducted of NFL fans and I recall the #1 reason for not watching games this year is due to the protests

There were more than a few rants on some FB pages I visit ending with something like " ... I'll never care about those NFL ******ds again." They're about to kill the golden goose.

As for me, I go to sports to not have to worry about all the worlds problems, not have them thrown in my face. Find another venue for protesting or I'm just clicking on Netflix "Comedies" genre. Screw dat shiet.

Reactions: 1 person
Too many commercials, poor officiating, presidential debates,cord cutting, and NFL Redzone are the main reasons.

Thursday night football might be hurting it a little for more casual fans. Used to be people waited all week and after 5 days they were jonesing and Sunday was rest and football day. Now you wait 2 days and you have football, wait 2 days and you have it 2 days in a row. Not counting college on saturday.

UFC done this when they first got on Fox. It was growing at a rapid pace, seems like it has slowed a little since there are so many cards now.

Reactions: 4 people
I know a couple who use to be die hard NFL fans that have stopped watching due to people disrepecting a country that has allowed them to make millions playing a game. I'm turned off from it myself, actually. If you aren't offended by it, then something is wrong with you imo of course.

If you are offended by almost any political protest, you are a nancy imo

Reactions: 2 people
Too many commercials, poor officiating, presidential debates,cord cutting, and NFL Redzone are the main reasons.

Thursday night football might be hurting it a little for more casual fans. Used to be people waited all week and after 5 days they were jonesing and Sunday was rest and football day. Now you wait 2 days and you have football, wait 2 days and you have it 2 days in a row. Not counting college on saturday.

UFC done this when they first got on Fox. It was growing at a rapid pace, seems like it has slowed a little since there are so many cards now.

Exactly.

The biggest thing for me? The Redzone channel. It's so hard to watch an NFL game with all the commercials after watching 7 hours of commercial free football. I can barely watch a full NFL regular season game.

College is different. The pageantry, there's only 12 regular season games, players leave after 3-4 years so you basically have a brand new team every three years. With the hashmarks/numbers the college game is more wide open.

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly.

The biggest thing for me? The Redzone channel. It's so hard to watch an NFL game with all the commercials after watching 7 hours of commercial free football. I can barely watch a full NFL regular season game.

College is different. The pageantry, there's only 12 regular season games, players leave after 3-4 years so you basically have a brand new team every three years. With the hashmarks/numbers the college game is more wide open.

That red zone channel is legit. Not sure if I will renew for next season, but I am considering.

There were more than a few rants on some FB pages I visit ending with something like " ... I'll never care about those NFL ******ds again." They're about to kill the golden goose.

As for me, I go to sports to not have to worry about all the worlds problems, not have them thrown in my face. Find another venue for protesting or I'm just clicking on Netflix "Comedies" genre. Screw dat shiet.

If I went by Facebook rants, then Trump would winning in a landslide.

People cannot watch football Thursday night, Friday night, all day Saturday, then all day Sunday, then Monday night. People have lives. Add to that the constant and continual money grabbing adgenda to screw the people who watch NFL at every opportunity by the NFL.. it's a wonder.

Right now I'm watching the Browns and Cincinnati game. The only reason we are even allowed to watch the game IN Ohio is because they run two plays then shove three minutes of commercials at us, run two plays then shove three minutes of commercials at us, run two plays, then run three minutes of commercials at us... sorry, but you are not all that NFL, we have lives and you should appreciate your viewers more

The only NFL I watch is Browns games, and half the time I have to listen to it on the radio even though I have a dish sports package.

A survey was conducted of NFL fans and I recall the #1 reason for not watching games this year is due to the protests

I have no doubt this is the reason. There is nothing about the game making me not watch besides the kneeling during the National Anthem.

Great cause that they are protesting, sh**ty time to be doing it. Organize a march or get a charity going.

I have no doubt this is the reason. There is nothing about the game making me not watch besides the kneeling during the National Anthem.

Great cause that they are protesting, sh**ty time to be doing it. Organize a march or get a charity going.

Of course you don't.

The NFL is putting out a bad product because of:

Over Advertisement
Players going pro earlier than before ( Players being less coached preNFL )
Referees have no accountability
New rules

Speaking personally.... No Manning.

I'll turn the Titans game on but I don't actually sit and watch it. Usually doing other things around the house on Sundays and just want some football on in the background. I have haven't given kneelers a second thought.

I do think the election has cut into it and I'm not just talking about the debates. The weekly political news cycle ends Fri morning and picks back up on Sun morning. People like my in-laws will watch the Packers game but then flip back over to the cable news networks for the rest of the day.

For me at the moment, I'm less into football because the Cubs actually made the WS. I know for example last week when the Packers/Bears was going head to head against the Dodgers/Cubs, I'm sure the ratings in Chicago were much higher for the Cubs.

The other thing is terrible matchups. Who nationally cares about the Titans and Jags?

VN Store

Back