NFL ratings down 11% first six weeks

I bet if your team was undefeated right now, a few kids kneeling during the Anthem would not sway you at all from watching.

It's not the kneeling....outside of a few "True Patriots" who don't watch because someone knelt before the game lol.

I bet those same people have never done a damn thing when they were at a game and 30% of the people are on their phones or playing grabass with this MRS while the Anthem was being played.

First off, kids? These are not kids they are grown men. Every game NFL,college or as far down as the youth league I coach in everyone I have ever been around stops what they are doing and looks to the flag.
This was only one reason for me, its for sure not the only reason.

Reactions: 2 people
First off, kids? These are not kids they are grown men. Every game NFL,college or as far down as the youth league I coach in everyone I have ever been around stops what they are doing and looks to the flag.
This was only one reason for me, its for sure not the only reason.

I used the term "kids" very loosely there.....

Also, it is every person's right to stand or not stand show respect or not show respect. You are kidding yourself if you think everyone shows respect during the Anthem.....people are literally not even paying attention and it happened all the time and at just about every event where you have a ton of people at an event.

Reactions: 1 person
I used the term "kids" very loosely there.....

Also, it is every person's right to stand or not stand show respect or not show respect. You are kidding yourself if you think everyone shows respect during the Anthem.....people are literally not even paying attention and it happened all the time and at just about every event where you have a ton of people at an event.

No one ever said they didn't have a right to, I'm not advocating they be jailed for it. I'm just saying I can turn the channel and watch something else or go do something else other than watch NFL which is what I have done this season.

Again, this is not the lone issue for me, way too many challenges/reviews (which also unfortunately has now got way to involved in the college game) also I don't need 3 pages in a rulebook to tell me what a catch is. DBs can hardly play D on the receivers or they get flagged. Its very hard to watch for me anymore, which is why I rarely do anymore.

No one ever said they didn't have a right to, I'm not advocating they be jailed for it. I'm just saying I can turn the channel and watch something else or go do something else other than watch NFL which is what I have done this season.

Again, this is not the lone issue for me, way too many challenges/reviews (which also unfortunately has now got way to involved in the college game) also I don't need 3 pages in a rulebook to tell me what a catch is. DBs can hardly play D on the receivers or they get flagged. Its very hard to watch for me anymore, which is why I rarely do anymore.
My point is that if all those other things were fixed and the only issue was a couple of players kneeling during the anthem, I don't think you see any drop off at all in viewership. It's not the kneeling that is hurting it, it's all those other things IMO.

I know a couple who use to be die hard NFL fans that have stopped watching due to people disrepecting a country that has allowed them to make millions playing a game. I'm turned off from it myself, actually. If you aren't offended by it, then something is wrong with you imo of course.

I know a couple who use to be die hard NFL fans that have stopped watching due to people disrepecting a country that has allowed them to make millions playing a game. I'm turned off from it myself, actually. If you aren't offended by it, then something is wrong with you imo of course.

Lol. Ok Rush.

I'm more offended by what some people call those people who have kneeled during the Anthem.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm more offended by what some people call those people who have kneeled during the Anthem.

In a country of almost half a billion people, there are always words to be offended by. Not saying that's right or wrong, just that that it is a convenient method to pivot the conversation somewhere that can't be argued.

Do you think everyone who has paid you money is perfect?

In a country of almost half a billion people, there are always words to be offended by. Not saying that's right or wrong, just that that it is a convenient method to pivot the conversation somewhere that can't be argued.

Except it can be argued; it's exactly what's going on here.

Pivot what conversation? If you are so respectful of the Flag then you should also be respectful of what that Flag represents and that it represents the right of a person to do whatever they want with that flag. Be upset at that, disagree with it (I do), or whatever, but when it turns to the venom that we are seeing spewed over it, then you have to wonder if those spewing that venom even understand what the Flag represents.

Pivot what conversation? If you are so respectful of the Flag then you should also be respectful of what that Flag represents and that it represents the right of a person to do whatever they want with that flag. Be upset at that, disagree with it (I do), or whatever, but when it turns to the venom that we are seeing spewed over it, then you have to wonder if those spewing that venom even understand what the Flag represents.

I see your point, but being offended and respecting others' rights aren't mutually exclusive. The part I have a problem with is the debate tactic that involves using what an uncertain percentage of the masses are doing to deflect a point. It seems like that's what you are doing.

I don't believe at all that sitting for the anthem has any measurable impact on ratings. I believe the games are simply getting more and more unwatchable every year. Once the NFL started including officiating in the entertainment portion of game, it started the downward spiral. Putting microphones on referees, legislating situational rule after situational rule, implementing different rules for different times during the game, and official replays. That's all killed the enjoyment for me of the game I first started watching and enjoying in 1964.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see your point, but being offended and respecting others' rights aren't mutually exclusive. The part I have a problem with is the debate tactic that involves using what an uncertain percentage of the masses are doing to deflect a point. It seems like that's what you are doing.
What exactly is your point? That these individuals who choose to kneel are any less "American" than you or anyone else?

What exactly is your point? That these individuals who choose to kneel are any less "American" than you or anyone else?

I wouldn't say less "American". Considering how free we are, I guess my overarching point is that's it's a shame that any individual living in this country would have a net negative feeling toward the country. We are all lucky to be in the United States.

I wouldn't say less "American". Considering how free we are, I guess my overarching point is that's it's a shame that any individual living in this country would have a net negative feeling toward the country. We are all lucky to be in the United States.

I agree, but I also respect that another doesn't feel that way......because I don't walk in their shoes every day.

Reactions: 4 people
I haven't watched an NFL game since last year's Super Bowl, and I've watched MAYBE four or five games since 2012.

Frankly, Goodell's NFL sucks. Hard.

I haven't watched an NFL game since last year's Super Bowl, and I've watched MAYBE four or five games since 2012.

Exactly. No telling how much money he's going to spend trying to determine what the problem is when all he needs is a mirror.

Goodell has done irreversible damage to the league. Personally I am up to here with all this talk about launching, targeting, defenseless
player, crown of the helmet blah blah blah, and seeing flags on 80% of incomplete passes. Not to mention reinventing a catch 4 or 5 times.
Its maddening.

A survey was conducted of NFL fans and I recall the #1 reason for not watching games this year is due to the protests

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back