NFL network prediction - North #220 to Steelers

He has accomlished a lot. I just think with qbs and passing yardage going up it will be harder and harder to make the HOF. Big Ben is an elite qb when healthy.

Low risk high reward at that point in the draft. Not to many sixth round picks on active rosters. Stash him on the practice squad and see if he develops. Different environment may do him some good. GBO

Looks about right, hope someone takes a chance on him earlier.....it's one of the few times I actually hope D4H is right. Lol.

Not so sure he should've stayed in school. If he makes a roster, gets on the practice squad he can make 6 figures. Then, if he can get on a 53 man gameday roster, who knows.....he's very physically talented, has great hands. It's clear he was frustrated and mentally done at Tennessee, was probably best for both parties that he declared. Wish him the best.

All I do is predict great things for our team and players. You don't want Dobbs to win the heisman? You don't want him to be a 1st round pick? You don't want the Vols to win the national title? You don't want 4-5 of our players to be 1st round picks? And so on.

All I do is predict awesome things for the Vols. Things all Vols fans should wish happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Fwiw, with Peyton's recent win, there are now 12 NFL QB's with 2 or more Super Bowl wins as a starter. Of those who are eligible for induction into the HOF (retired for 5 full seasons) only Jim Plunkett of the Raiders hasn't made it.

All I do is predict great things for our team and players. You don't want Dobbs to win the heisman? You don't want him to be a 1st round pick? You don't want the Vols to win the national title? You don't want 4-5 of our players to be 1st round picks? And so on.

All I do is predict awesome things for the Vols. Things all Vols fans should wish happen.
Slow down kid, hoping and babbling incoherently and calling it an expert prediction are two totally different things. There isn't a Vol fan alive that doesn't hope those things come to fruition.

Reactions: 3 people
First off. I don't think North will go in the 4th as mentioned. Maybe 6th. His lack of production here wasn't all because of our system and coaches. Some yes, but some of that was on him also. I hope he does well, as any of our Vols that go to the NFL, guess time will tell. I have to add also, as a Ravens fan. I have much respect for Big Ben, Ravens-Steelers are always incredible games to watch. I do think he'll be in the HOF. But he seems to be on the downside of his career. This will be an important season for him. Go Ravens! Go Vols!

Would love to see Dobbs or any other Vol be the first ever Tennessee player to win the Heisman. And of course I'd be ecstatic to see us win the national title.....same goes for seeing a handful of our players be first round picks, albeit to a lesser extent. You're getting things a bit confused here. Would always love to see those things happen for our program and the young men who are a part of it. I just oftentimes find myself disagreeing with who, how, what and why you predict things will happen.

Last edited:
First off. I don't think North will go in the 4th as mentioned. Maybe 6th. His lack of production here wasn't all because of our system and coaches. Some yes, but some of that was on him also. I hope he does well, as any of our Vols that go to the NFL, guess time will tell. I have to add also, as a Ravens fan. I have much respect for Big Ben, Ravens-Steelers are always incredible games to watch. I do think he'll be in the HOF. But he seems to be on the downside of his career. This will be an important season for him. Go Ravens! Go Vols!

I don't see him on the downside of his career. He still passes between 4,000 & 5,000 yards a season, when he plays 16 games. He missed that mark last season because Vick & Landry played a few games.
Remember, the offensive line has been lacking since 2010. Had the offensive line been healthy and had slightly better players, they would have beaten G.B. in the Superbowl.
It is not his performance that is in decline but the team is lacking from a roster standpoint in a few positions.

He wasn't getting better with our coaches and their blocking first style kept getting him hurt. If he stayed another year I think he would 100% go undrafted

If you're prone to getting hurt in college because of blocking then you're not going to last very long in the NFL with any team regardless of position, team or scheme.

Reactions: 1 person
He did well here compared to expectations. I never said he was great, elite, or hof. Just not as bad as some wanted to make it.

Rapelisberger is ok but no HOF qb. I don't think Eli is one either.

No one can take your opinion seriously when you call him stupid names. He is absolutely a HOF QB.

Reactions: 1 person
Is every thread going to be turned into a Dobbs thread this off-season? Time to start drinking. Gonna be a long off-season......

Todd McShay has him rated the 26th best WR and said this:

A true junior North is a classic high risk high reward player. On one hand, he tore his labrum at the end of the 2014 season then sprained a knee and sustained a back injury last year limiting him to seven games so the medical is obviously a concern. It doesn't help that those injuries played a big role in North catching just six passes last year. As far as the potential reward is concerned few receivers have his blend of size, top-end speed, length and hand size. If he stays healthy and realizes his considerable potential he could be the biggest steal in this draft. April 8, 2016

Reactions: 2 people
Todd McShay has him rated the 26th best WR and said this:

Love the last sentence. But those are huge "ifs" for Marquez. He could do neither at the collegiate level. Really hope he's healthy and can fully utilize all the physical gifts God gave him.

Whoever drafts him will be taking a flyer, as he simply didn't play enough his last two years to show much of anything. There is a big difference between having great physical attributes and being the total package of top NFL WR prospect. I was a major C.Patterson skeptic when he got drafted because, for all his speed and athleticism, he was not a good WR! The Vikings took a very big/high flyer on him, got a bit of production out of him as a returner, but he was a (predictable) bust as a wideout. North played so little it's hard to know what his route-running/receiving skills really are. It's going to be hard for him, I think, but wish him well.

If you are drafting someone in the 6th-7th round, arent you taking a flier on most players? I think those rounds are ripe for players like North who are high risk high reward.

I wonder what the record is for the most former Tennessee players on the same NFL team together?

I think the Denver Broncos from this past season had quite a lot with Manning, Colquitt and Jackson. Can't think of another team with more than that, but I'm sure there are.

Thats a good trivia question stumper - did anyone ever sign Denarius Moore ?

Last I saw he was returning punts/kicks (can't remember which) for Buffalo.

Edit: Off topic but reminded me, what the heck ever happened to Gerald Jones?

VN Store

Back