NFL network prediction - North #220 to Steelers

The guy is the poster child of a bust. He literally accomplished nothing here, except one catch that looked cool. I wish him the best, but doing cardio on the field usually doesn't translate to becoming a high draft pick and productive NFL player.

He is in the top 3 of most productive freshman wr in UT history. Did not play wr primarily in HS. Injured trying to catch overthrown balls on poorly designed routes.
Elite hands, elite physicality, and very good speed. He fights for the ball. He will most likely have a very profitable pro career. He has positioned himself from being an undrafted free agent into a 4th or 5th round pick. He has potential to be much bettter pro than Patterson or Hunter. He will thrive with the right NFL wr coach.

Reactions: 4 people
He is in the top 3 of most productive freshman wr in UT history. Did not play wr primarily in HS. Injured trying to catch overthrown balls on poorly designed routes.
Elite hands, elite physicality, and very good speed. He fights for the ball. He will most likely have a very profitable pro career. He has positioned himself from being an undrafted free agent into a 4th or 5th round pick. He has potential to be much bettter pro than Patterson or Hunter. He will thrive with the right NFL wr coach.

Perhaps, but his body of evidence shows my scenario much more likely than your hopeful one.

Reactions: 1 person
He was DRAFTED. We sit behind computers and phones and criticize. He'll get paid just to go to camp, and the we'll still be sitting here. Then when he makes it, he'll be the greatest VFL and that he made the right decision. #letitplayout

It's a projection. Comment well taken regardless.

Maybe North could Mr. Irrelevant? You know, the last player taken in the draft? That would be pretty cool to have a former Vol receive that honor.

Per Reuter on NFL Network. Late 6th round.

Not good. Should have stayed in school. Teams probably have him pegged as injury-prone.

Looks about right, hope someone takes a chance on him earlier.....it's one of the few times I actually hope D4H is right. Lol.

Not so sure he should've stayed in school. If he makes a roster, gets on the practice squad he can make 6 figures. Then, if he can get on a 53 man gameday roster, who knows.....he's very physically talented, has great hands. It's clear he was frustrated and mentally done at Tennessee, was probably best for both parties that he declared. Wish him the best.

North may not have lived up to the hype he received coming into college, but he had a solid freshman year.

Look back at the hit that injured hus back. He was almost bent double. He was lucky he didn't have a broken back and never play again.

In my opinion he didn't fully recover from his back injury and probably won't be in the NFL very long because of his back.

I hope he has a long and successful Career though.

Well, if he really wants to he'll play here or Canada...heck, if he goes to Steelers , he'll have some time to develop...barring injuries...he'll be fine...hide and watch...:)

GO VOLS!

Rapelisberger is no HOF qb. Teams pass way more. Of course he has good number compared to retired qbs.

North will have a good career if he can stay healthy though.

Reactions: 1 person
North may not have lived up to the hype he received coming into college, but he had a solid freshman year.

Look back at the hit that injured hus back. He was almost bent double. He was lucky he didn't have a broken back and never play again.

In my opinion he didn't fully recover from his back injury and probably won't be in the NFL very long because of his back.

I hope he has a long and successful Career though.

Honestly, given the physicals and medical scrutiny he and any other potential draft pick go through via these NFL teams, if his back is truly a serious issue, he won't be drafted. Think Tiny and his knees a couple years back. He went from being a projected early round pick to an undrafted FA after the teams examined and saw just how bad his knees were. You might be right about his UT career being hampered by a back injury that turned chronic, but if he's drafted, it means the NFL doctors checked him and deemed him a healthy investment for their respective teams. In other words, if he doesn't make in the league, it won't be because of the back injury he suffered vs UTC in 2014.

Last edited:
Rapelisberger is no HOF qb. Teams pass way more. Of course he has good number compared to retired qbs.

North will have a good career if he can stay healthy though.

What about compared to contemporaries? Do you think Eli Manning is a HOF QB? If so, you really have to say the same thing about Roethlisberger. Eli only has about 1,200 more yards passing and 22 more TD passes. They both have 2 Super Bowl rings. Ben's teams have been far more consistent than Eli's though.

Well, you think Cuonzo is a good coach too, so....

He did well here compared to expectations. I never said he was great, elite, or hof. Just not as bad as some wanted to make it.

Rapelisberger is ok but no HOF qb. I don't think Eli is one either.

He did well here compared to expectations. I never said he was great, elite, or hof. Just not as bad as some wanted to make it.
Rapelisberger is ok but no HOF qb. I don't think Eli is one either.

His rings and stats say he's a HOF, and he's still got a few good years left. Don't let the "off the field" stuff determine your stance

Last edited:

VN Store

Back