Neyland Renovation

From the article...

A $340 million renovation of Neyland Stadium now includes additional funding for improvements to the south end of the stadium and enhancements of the fan experience, according to an overview of the project slated to be discussed by the University of Tennessee board of trustees this week.

You know what would enhance the fan experience?

Hiring a big time coach that has a proven track record of winning.....If the team stinks, I don't need another JumboTron to see how much it stinks...
:hi:

If they keep Butch, they might as well facade the whole thing like a giant trash can.

Actually I've thought that facade on the front looked like a beer can, but trash can fits, too. Whatever it was supposed to be doesn't fit.

Obviously this has been being planned for quite sometime and they are probably financing this, HOWEVER, the optics on this are absolutely terrible and it is just further proof of how out of touch and inept our athletic department is. Announcing this at the time they did provides for some terrible optics.

Currently, fans have been essentially getting told that we (the AD) are concerned about paying this massive buyout for the coaching staff and then having to spend the money on hiring a top-tier coach and how that isn't going to happen. And so they thought it was a brilliant idea to announce $340 million of renovations during peak frustration times?

Unreal....just shows you that this is only a business to them and they could care less about putting a winning product on the field.

Why is "optics" the new cliche? I already hate it.

Reactions: 1 person
If we pass this amount for renovations there’s no way we can’t afford the buyout or are waiting until season end to
Reduce it

If we pass this amount for renovations there’s no way we can’t afford the buyout or are waiting until season end to
Reduce it

He's not leaving. Butch has some infinity extension. That's the only reason I can figure Currie has allowed Tennessee football to become a complete laughingstock.

The renovation is a separate project from the current coaching issues. The south end of the stadium needed to be be upgraded 20 years ago. It wasn't specifically mentioned but I assume phase 1 now includes tearing down of the Gate 10/South End ramp?
Yes gate 10 goes down and there are new entry ramps on the SW and SE corners like the north side. Also more brick than steel from what I can tell. Pushing for a mucher higher end look as the trend has been for the last few renovations.

I was asked to participate in a survey about the proposed renovations. Given the prices they were surveying about proposed new seating arrangements, they are about to price the average fan out of attendance. At the end of the survey, when asked for my comments, I told them to remember the game isn't about corporations, it is about the hard-working fans that should be able to afford to go to the stadium.

Reactions: 3 people
It's like having a 340million dollar house but with crappy plumbing. Butch is a busted toilet that's stinking up the place.

I believe the renovation could result in the loss of up to 2000 seats.

If true, then symbolic of our shrinking program.

We went to College Station last year and their stadium was pretty awesome. Neyland needs updates along with a coaching staff to match. I hope we can get both.

Neyland is like Wrigley....it's about the history and the setting because overall it's a crappy stadium

Well, that's what they're gonna be working on. Its night and day depending on what side if the stadium you're on. The West/North sides have wider concourse, better bathroom and concessions. The South/East sides is like stepping back in time.

I thought 7 or 8 rows were being knocked out of J-N sections after the 2018 football year but can not get a good read on this anywhere. I sit in row 8. Does anyone know the truths to when is this going to take place and how many rows will be gone?

I thought 7 or 8 rows were being knocked out of J-N sections after the 2018 football year but can not get a good read on this anywhere. I sit in row 8. Does anyone know the truths to when is this going to take place and how many rows will be gone?

I don't know exactly but looking at the artist rendering it sure looks like more than 8 rows:

Phase%201%20wall_1476808801001_6534566_ver1.0.JPG

Chancellor Bev said the renovations will continue as planned, these renovations have been in the works for a long time. It was not Currie's idea or anything, he was just going to lead the project now that he was AD.

My season tickets are in N too, so I have no idea how it will impact us. I am on row 23 though. I am just concerned with where they will relocate the people displaced by the renovations. I hope they do not move us up based on how many rows they remove. Regardless, it seems like it will be a mess getting everybody's seats in order.

VN Store

Back